Author Topic: Handlebar risers needed.  (Read 677 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Handlebar risers needed.
« on: August 20, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »
I’ve ridden the Stone enough now to know I need the bars to be back a couples more inches and maybe a little higher also.  Can anyone tell me what company makes these for an 02 Stone or does anyone have a set they don’t need and want to sell. Or maybe a swap for a set off a Calvin? Thanks in advance.

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
Re: Handlebar risers needed.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 06:14:03 PM »
I have a pair of APE Racing pivoting risers that I’m selling. The advantage to them is being able to set the handlebar up, back, toward, etc. Bought them recently to try out on my V7, but I’m getting non-pivoting that are just a tad lower. I’ll send them to you for $35

https://www.amazon.com/Pivoting-Handlebar-Clamp-Risers-Motorcycle/dp/B07V1TR4R7

PM me if interested.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 07:27:15 PM »
I have a pair of APE Racing pivoting risers that I’m selling. The advantage to them is being able to set the handlebar up, back, toward, etc. Bought them recently to try out on my V7, but I’m getting non-pivoting that are just a tad lower. I’ll send them to you for $35

https://www.amazon.com/Pivoting-Handlebar-Clamp-Risers-Motorcycle/dp/B07V1TR4R7

PM me if interested.

Just put a set of these on my Bobber Sport and really like them. I tried the solid. one piece "Bar Back" type and they did not fit. The holes were too close. Might want to measure yours and make sure they will fit before you buy.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
Just put a set of these on my Bobber Sport and really like them. I tried the solid. one piece "Bar Back" type and they did not fit. The holes were too close. Might want to measure yours and make sure they will fit before you buy.

Assuming I have my measurements correct, the ‘02 Stone is 30mm at the clamps? The APE Racing pivot risers (along with the Rox Risers, I believe) fit either 7/8” or 1.125” (30mm) with the spacers removed.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »

Offline ken farr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »
When I had my 02 Stone, one of the obsolete boards had a post on using deep sockets, filled with lock washers.  You used longer bolts of course, the sockets filled with interlocking washers was placed between the the triple tree and the handle bar clamp.  The sockets were placed with the socket part resting around the raised portion of the triple tree.  I don't recall if they were 3/8" or 1/2".
I did it, raised the bars and brought them back just enough for me.
I checked them often at first, then maybe once a year.
Worked well.

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here