Author Topic: Official News about Mandello del Lario Factory & Museum Site...  (Read 819 times)

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
Official News about Mandello del Lario Factory & Museum Site...
« on: September 10, 2021, 08:28:15 AM »
MOTO GUZZI PRESENTS THE UNIQUE FUTURISTIC PROJECT FOR ITS NEW FACTORY AND MUSEUM IN MANDELLO

A LOCATION WITH OPEN SPACES FOR USE BY THE PUBLIC. A MEETING PLACE FOR THE COMMUNITY, FOUNDED ON CULTURE, DESIGN AND MECHANICS, WITH A STRONG GREEN FOCUS IN LINE WITH CONTEMPORARY TRENDS. AN EXAMPLE OF TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ITALY’S TOP MOTORCYCLES

THE NEW FACTORY WILL BE A FOCAL POINT FOR GUZZI BIKERS AND FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS INTERESTED IN THE ASTONISHING UNIQUE FEATURES OF ITS PRODUCTS

THE REDEVELOPMENT, DESIGNED BY ARCHITECT GREG LYNN, TAKES ITS INSPIRATION FROM CUTTING-EDGE AMERICAN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN PROJECTS. THE PIAGGIO GROUP INTENDS TO ESTABLISH THE MOTO GUZZI BRAND AS AN EXAMPLE NOT ONLY OF MECHANICAL INTEGRATION BUT ALSO OF MODERN DESIGN

THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT LINES EMBRACE MODERNITY AND FUTURE TO MATCH THE CHANGING TIMES

THE MOTO GUZZI COMMUNITY MERGES WITH THE NEW V100 MANDELLO MOTORCYCLE, DISPLAYED IN AN EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW DURING THE EVENT. STUNNING LINES, CUTTING-EDGE ENGINE AND STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGIES INTRODUCE THE MOTO GUZZI BRAND FOR THE NEXT ONE HUNDRED YEARS

Mandello del Lario, 10 September 2021 – “Road to 2121: Moto Guzzi's next 100 years”. Today saw the presentation in Mandello del Lario of the major preservation and restructuring project for the industrial site where, for exactly one century, every single motorcycle of the Eagle Brand has been produced.

Commissioned from world-famous US architect and designer Greg Lynn, the redevelopment will involve the entire site. Unique of its kind and in its style, this is a futuristic project: a location with open spaces for use by the public, a meeting place for the community, founded on culture, design and mechanics, with a strong green focus in line with contemporary trends.

Constant attention to environmental sustainability and efficient use of resources. The new buildings will make use of the existing structures, with materials chosen with close attention to efficient energy management, thanks to photovoltaic systems and eco-sustainable materials.

The site will be a focal point for Guzzi bikers and for young people and international tourists interested in the astonishing unique features of its motorcycles.

The extension of the factory's production capacity, to match the constant growth in demand, will be part of a completely new approach to the layout of Mandello.

In addition to the new factory, the project will create new conference facilities to host both internal and external events, as well as a hotel and a restaurant for a complete range of amenities to welcome visitors from around the world.

Work will commence by the end of 2021, and will be completed in the first half of 2025.

The new Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello was displayed during the event, in an exclusive worldwide preview. The motorcycle's stunning lines, cutting-edge engine and state-of-the-art technologies introduce the Moto Guzzi brand for the next one hundred years.
The official presentation of the new motorcycle will take place on 23 November 2021 at the EICMA international motorcycle show in Milan.

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Re: Official News about Mandello del Lario Factory & Museum Site...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:34:45 AM »
That is great news.  I am glad to see a major investment in my favorite motorcycle brand.   
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 08:59:03 AM »

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 09:09:25 AM »
Oh PR people you so silly, "improve the factories production capability to match constant growing demand" something about aspirational statements So what are they going to do in the meantime? quietly siphon off production to a "temporary" production facility in another location until the work is complete? Actually I'm not too worried if they move the factory, providing they start making some decent bikes and not blindly hanging onto the past for the pasts sake.

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
It's wonderful that Piaggio is investing in the Moto Guzzi brand like this again. Perhaps in all this investment they can find a way to grease swingarm and steering head bearings prior to installation.

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 11:11:17 AM »
Perhaps in all this investment they can find a way to grease swingarm and steering head bearings prior to installation.
Now you're just being unreasonable!  :wink:

Offline Milosh

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 05:43:05 PM »
That's a lot of CAPS LOCK
___________________ ___________________ __
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 07:05:10 PM »
I feel fortunate that I was able to make several visits to the old museum.  It's well worn wood floors and narrow passageways gave it an old world charm I enjoyed.  A new spacious building with fancy lighting? Nah. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:06:11 PM by Yeahoo Whoyah »
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 08:24:36 PM »
I feel fortunate that I was able to make several visits to the old museum.  It's well worn wood floors and narrow passageways gave it an old world charm I enjoyed.  A new spacious building with fancy lighting? Nah.

With the new building they might do something really nutty like open it for more than 1 hour a day.

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 01:58:19 PM »
With the new building they might do something really nutty like open it for more than 1 hour a day.
^^ :thumb:
That would be great! 
The one hour a day operating hours was the very reason I had to make several trips to see everything.
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »
PLEASE NOT SO LOUD!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:46:47 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here