Author Topic: Happiness if this ain't it I don't know what is!  (Read 329 times)

Offline Perazzimx14

• Guzzi Hero
Happiness if this ain't it I don't know what is!
« on: June 20, 2021, 12:17:19 PM »
Cooking up a Sunday gravy and browning up some chicken thighs, pork chops, sweet Italian sausage and beef fillet chain in butter on the Coleman camp stove in butter :drool:

After browning the beef, sausage and chops  go into the Dutch oven with the tomato's, garlic, herbs, wine and a pinch of sugar and then onto the BGE for several hours. About an hour and a half before dinner the chicken goes into the pool for a swim.

It's the ones who've cracked that the light shines through!

Offline JJ

• Guzzi Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Re: Happiness if this ain't it I don't know what is!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
"Let's EAT...cause God Almighty...am I HUNGRY!!"

:bow: :bow: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: :boozing: :boozing:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 01:06:52 PM »
Absolutely!
Here’s Friday night on the deck at the river place.

insta ripper free

A funny story to go with it.
I don’t know much about cool and preparing meals and wife does not eat meat, and I had an urge for a good T-bone. So we went to the local Ingles Market which is noted for their meat section with an on duty butcher at all times. I approach the counter and tell the guy with the bloody apron, so it had to be butcher or I’m in trouble, that I wanted a 16oz T-bone and he explains that he only cuts special order steaks by thickness. So I hold my fingers apart to where I figure is a fair size cut of meat and probably around 16oz. So I tell the butcher to cut me one 1 and 1/4” thick.
He comes back a few minutes later with A slab of meat and drops it in the scales for the price. “Ok Sir, your tbone weighs it at 24oz”
“ I only wanted 16oz” says I.
“Well we only special cut by inches so as in all special cuts, it’s yours”
Well I didn’t think I could eat that much meat at one sitting. However y’all can look at the photos and judge for yourselves.
Yep I was a little gluttonous🤔😂

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:08:02 PM by Ncdan »

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »
Absolutely!

insta ripper free

I don’t know much about violin and preparing meals and wife does not eat meat, and I had an urge for a good T-bone. So we went to the local Ingles Market which is noted got their meat section with an on duty butcher at all times. I approach the counter and tell the guy with the bloody apron, so it had to be butcher or I’m in trouble, that I wanted a 16oz T-bone and he explains that he only cuts special order steaks by thickness. So I hold my fingers apart to where I figure is a fair size cut a meat and probably around 16oz. So I tell the butcher to cut me one 1 and 1/4” thick.
He comes back a few minutes later with. A slab of meat and drops it in the scales for the price. “Ok Sir, your tbone weighs it at 24oz”
Well I didn’t think I could eat that much meat at one sitting. However y’all can look at the photos and judge for yourselves.

Too funny. 

Back in 85, my first real food/kitchen job was working as a fishmonger in VT.  Cut all kinds of fresh fish and then set up & run the case for the morning and cut more fish before leaving.  This very small older Philippino woman would come in about once a week, very little English but lots of attitude. Same order every time.  "I want 2 pound squid!"  She was apparently the only person in VT who ate squid back then so all we had were 4 lb boxes frozen squid.  I would cut a box in half on the bandsaw as perfectly as possible while she waited.  Invariably, it would be just over or just under 2lbs.  She would go into a big performance.  "I say 2lb- you try steal me.  I no want more than 2 lb.!!"  Eventually she would calm down and take the 2 lb 1 oz package...  Of course, the next time when she came in, she said the same thing.  "I want 2 lb squid!" I would produce the other half of that same box. "This no enough!! I say 2 lb! You no do what I want! I want 2 lb!!"  Eventually she would take the small half. 

The next she came in, we would start the dance all over again...

Glad your TBone was good, Danny.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »

Offline JayDee24ca

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 04:52:30 PM »
Happiness is a lap full of puppies.
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline moto-uno

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 05:19:01 PM »
 ^ For a second there , all I was thinking about , was that we were talking about food :food: , then I re read the title .
Brought back memories of being in Vietnam  !  Peter

Online Huzo

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 06:09:14 PM »
Absolutely!

insta ripper free

I don’t know much about cool and preparing meals and wife does not eat meat, and I had an urge for a good T-bone. So we went to the local Ingles Market which is noted for their meat section with an on duty butcher at all times. I approach the counter and tell the guy with the bloody apron, so it had to be butcher or I’m in trouble, that I wanted a 16oz T-bone and he explains that he only cuts special order steaks by thickness. So I hold my fingers apart to where I figure is a fair size cut of meat and probably around 16oz. So I tell the butcher to cut me one 1 and 1/4” thick.
He comes back a few minutes later with A slab of meat and drops it in the scales for the price. “Ok Sir, your tbone weighs it at 24oz”
A heart like yours deserves all the Fe it wants... :thumb:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here