Author Topic: v7 ii side stand on V7 iii?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
v7 ii side stand on V7 iii?
« on: June 22, 2021, 06:53:21 AM »
Hey guys, would a v7 ii side stand work on a v7 iii or are they not compatible?

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: v7 ii side stand on V7 iii?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:07:02 AM »
Hey guys, would a v7 ii side stand work on a v7 iii or are they not compatible?

No idea off the top of my head.

There are different V7 I and possibly II stands. At least for the MK I there was a US stand and an EU stand that were different lengths.

I replaced the US stand on my MK I with the EU stand because it doesn't foul the centerstand.

So I guess I have a spare stand and a V7 III, so maybe I should check and see if it will fit. Especially since I don't really like the V7III stand (too short).

Why are you asking? (just curious)
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:06 AM »
Why are you asking? (just curious)

I want the EU stand - less likely to get dragged, would be nice for my pegs to drag before my side stand. It's kinda crazy how far out the US stand sticks. And there are some used v7 ii euro stands on ebay that would cost a lot less than a new v7 iii euro stand.

Well at least I think they are euro - is this a euro one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/274460874626?fits=Model%3AV7+II&hash=item3fe7249782:g:lOMAAOSwq7pfOEQz

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:36:49 AM by mdhen »

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »
Here is the euro side stand for the v7 iii:

and the US one:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 07:54:09 AM »
I want the EU stand - less likely to get dragged, would be nice for my pegs to drag before my side stand. It's kinda crazy how far out the US stand sticks. And there are some used v7 ii euro stands on ebay that would cost a lot less than a new v7 iii euro stand.

Well at least I think they are euro - is this a euro one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/274460874626?fits=Model%3AV7+II&hash=item3fe7249782:g:lOMAAOSwq7pfOEQz

Hmmm, can't say whether or not that would help, but I thought the pegs dragged on our V7III before the stand. You sure sag is set up properly?

Anyway, visually I believe the US and EU stands look about the same, it's just a length thing. So I would go by part number.

That said, I WOULD THINK any take-offs (unless taken off a wreck) here in the US would be the US part.

Those exploded views sure suggest it would work.

I might try and mount my US take-off stand on the III if it's longer because I think the III leans too much (EDIT FOR CLARITIFCATION - leans too much WHEN PARKED).

If I give it a shot I'll report back.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:12:16 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Hmmm, can't say whether or not that would help, but I thought the pegs dragged on our V7III before the stand. You sure sag is set up properly?

Anyway, visually I believe the US and EU stands look about the same, it's just a length thing. So I would go by part number.

That said, I WOULD THINK any take-offs (unless taken off a wreck) here in the US would be the US part.

Those exploded views sure suggest it would work.

I might try and mount my US take-off stand on the III if it's longer because I think the III leans too much.

If I give it a shot I'll report back.

yeah I guess I just thought those were euro since they look so different then mine but if the v7 i/ii stands for us/eu looked similar then I guess that would not be the case.

And yes, the side-stand definitely drags before the left hand pegs, pretty sure regardless of how hard or soft your preload is, at least for the US v7 iii. I am considering cutting the arm off it, which I think would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:07:36 AM by mdhen »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
yeah I guess I just thought those were euro since they look so different then mine but if the v7 i/ii stands for us/eu looked similar then I guess that would not be the case.

And yes, the side-stand definitely drags before the left hand pegs, pretty sure regardless of how hard or soft your preload is, at least for the US v7 iii. I am considering cutting the arm off it, which I think would solve the problem.

Guess if that's the portion that is scraped up it might help.

I still say preload might make a difference, if the suspension compresses in the rear you lever the back end toward the ground and the stand (especially the deployment arm) is definitely sitting behind the pegs in the back half of the bike.

Hell, to that end if lean angle is your game, slightly longer and stiffer rear shocks may solve the problem too.

Good luck.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 08:24:51 AM »
Guess if that's the portion that is scraped up it might help.

I still say preload might make a difference, if the suspension compresses in the rear you lever the back end toward the ground and the stand (especially the deployment arm) is definitely sitting behind the pegs in the back half of the bike.

Hell, to that end if lean angle is your game, slightly longer and stiffer rear shocks may solve the problem too.

Good luck.

Could you post a pic of your v7 iii with the kickstand up? For comparison purposes. I think I may have bent the kickstand out a bit.

Here's mine:

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 08:32:37 AM »
Sure. Though I should have gotten jack stands out to block it up cause no one is home to help and I was holding it up with one hand while trying to get a decent angle with the other hand.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the previous generation kickstand would be an issue because of the deployment arm. Specifically that the exhaust on the III is larger diameter for the heat shields/dual walled pipe. Hmmmm.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 08:37:23 AM »
Hmm yeah mine looks fine then, it just looks so bizarre with the 2 to 1 exhaust getting rid of the left side pipe and still having that huge arcing arm for the stand.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 08:45:00 AM »
Hmm yeah mine looks fine then, it just looks so bizarre with the 2 to 1 exhaust getting rid of the left side pipe and still having that huge arcing arm for the stand.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see.

So you really probably don't even need that arm.

If you can deploy it without the arm, then I get cutting it off both for aesthetics and to prevent it from grounding. Why not. Unless you think you might switch back to stock exhaust at some point.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline chrisfer

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 12:05:02 PM »
Could you post a pic of your v7 iii with the kickstand up? For comparison purposes. I think I may have bent the kickstand out a bit.

Here's mine:

You should grease the gear selector shaft, The washer is rusty.
2022 V7 850 Stone - 2019 V7 III Carbon - 2004 V11 RossoCorsa - 2002 V11 Le Mans - 1995 750 Nevada

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here