Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1034021 times)

Offline ajpjive

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2610 on: April 10, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
Hello all!

Longtime lurker, finally registered. Been riding for 11 years now, and I'm loving every minute of it. A Guzzi Breva 750 was my third bike, and I absolutely adored it. Since then I've moved to a Kawasaki Versys 650 and a BMW R1150GS. Both are superb bikes (and better fitting for my tall frame), but I do sure miss the Guzzi!

I've been considering getting another Guzzi, as I've always been in love with the look of the 1100 Sport (still have some brochures I saved from the mid-90's). Looking forward to asking lots of questions about the 1100's and potentially rejoining the world of Guzzi!

2002 BMW 1150GS
1995 Guzzi 1100 Sport
2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
2001 Buell Blast

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2611 on: April 10, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
Welcome on board guys.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline CanadianVikingYYC

• New Egg
« Reply #2612 on: April 14, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
Hello all.

After years of owning Honda’s, Harley’s and BMW’s, I took a couple years off from riding (just too busy).  Decided to get back into it this year and just picked up a 2014 California 1400 Custom.  Really liked the Eldorado, but the deal on the Custom was just too good to pass up.  Still too much snow here now but looking forward to getting out on it in a few weeks.

As for the formal intro; Thomas Hansen, 49, director of facility management, Calgary Alberta Canada

Offline k98shooter

• New Egg
« Reply #2613 on: April 15, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »
Zaza Mchedlishvili in beautiful pine barrens of south Jersey (USA)

52 soon, surgical neurophysiologist (I test electrical circuits in human body in spine and brain surgeries).

Former owner of 07 Breva 1100, hoping to become a Guzzi rider soon again!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:10:08 PM by k98shooter »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2613 on: April 15, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #2614 on: April 18, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
Welcome to the new members.  F-22, a very impressive array of bikes you've had at such a young age.  We seldom see the smaller European bikes here because they just don't sell and I think there are many of us here on the forum that are jealous of you for having them available. 
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2615 on: April 18, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
Zaza Mchedlishvili in beautiful pine barrens of south Jersey (USA)

52 soon, surgical neurophysiologist (I test electrical circuits in human body in spine and brain surgeries).

Former owner of 07 Breva 1100, hoping to become a Guzzi rider soon again!

Having an uncommon name myself, I try to take some pains to make sure I know how to pronounce other people's names; I've seen too often the obvious attempts that people make to stutter over or mispronounce a name, in order to establish "You're different and I resent that; why isn't your name Jones or Brown or Jamerson or Miller?"   

Nriprendara Nath Chakravorty I spent some time getting - Rani Chandrashekar wasn't too hard - Nicolas Papanicolopoulous is rather poetic once you practice, and even though everyone else calls my surgeon "Dr. G.", I call him Dr. Guglielmetti.

Any phonetic hints on yours?   We'll end up at the same rally, see if we don't, and I want to be ready .... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Bill Dee

• New Egg
  • Cautious Expert Rider
« Reply #2616 on: April 22, 2018, 04:45:11 PM »
Bill Dee Nampa, Idaho USA 60 UPS Tractor Trailer Driver. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 10 years old and been a continuous owner since I was 14 years old.  I have owned over 40 different motorcycles.  Wish I still had them all. 

Current Rides (By Size)
2006 Triumph Rocket III 2300cc
2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 1200cc Sport
1998 Triumph 900cc Thunderbird Sport
1984 Kawasaki LTD 550cc Shaft
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:51:29 PM by Bill Dee »
If We Don't Have Jobs Making It ...... How Will We Have The Money To Buy It ?

Offline PhilB

• Hatchling
« Reply #2617 on: April 23, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »
I do not currently own a Guzzi, but I like them and have ridden a few, and one is a shortlist contender for my next bike.

My last bike was a 1993 Ducati M900 Monster, which I bought new (at Sonny Angel's in San Diego -- he also sold Guzzis for many years).  I rode that Duc for 24 years and 265K miles, until we got taken out by a hit-and-run minivan last October.  I'm about fit to ride seriously again, and am looking to my next bike.  Something I would be wanting to turn over 250K on in about the year 2040.

I want to aim a bit more to sport-touring than the M900 was.  I could ride it 500-600 miles a day pretty easily, and rode it to 35 states plus parts of Canada and Mexico, but it wasn't really best suited for that.

My top contenders, of what I've tested so far, are: Ducati 939 SuperSport (the easy safe choice), Moto Guzzi Griso (grabs me every time I ride one, also the cheapest on my list), KTM 1290 SuperDuke (the gonzo choice), or Motus MST (the topshelf choice, but a bit of a risk).

PhilB

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #2618 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
Hi There
Phil
age 59
Microwave / Satellite link technician
750 Breva, Griso 8v, 998 Le Mans owner, riding since 1982. First Guzzi 1983 LeMans, white close ratio box. :grin:
Perth, Australia

Offline Brineyjim

• New Egg
« Reply #2619 on: May 01, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
Jim Morgan
Retired from several jobs.
'07 California Vintage (Thunder chicken XIV)
Settled down to a life in the country with long time compadre, dogs, various barnyard fowl, and volunteer work to pay for surviving my early years.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2620 on: May 01, 2018, 08:32:02 AM »
Jim Morgan
Retired from several jobs.
'07 California Vintage (Thunder chicken XIV)
Settled down to a life in the country with long time compadre, dogs, various barnyard fowl, and volunteer work to pay for surviving my early years.

And from the screen name we'd assume that at least one of these was a maritime job?

Welcome!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #2621 on: May 01, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »
Welcome, Briney. Pull up a chair and have a look around. We’re a diverse group with experts in myriad fields...including Moto Guzzis. Andiamo, amico mio!
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline Mayakovski

• New Egg
« Reply #2622 on: May 02, 2018, 05:33:23 PM »
Just brought home my first Moto Guzzi, and first motorcycle in 22 years.

2017 Anniversario

Maya
No matter where you go,
there you are.
B. Banzai

Offline PandionExpress

• New Egg
« Reply #2623 on: May 02, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
Andrew, 32, environmental consultant in Baltimore area.

Been eyeing up Guzzis for a couple years now.  Randomly spotted an ad for one in the area and...now I am a brand new Guzzi owner. 

1999 V11 Bassa.   Can't wait to ride it all over the place (when not toting the baby around).  And look forward to help from the forum work out the idiosyncracies as they show up.   
Andrew

1999 California Bassa - Pearl White

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #2624 on: May 02, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »
Andrew, 32, environmental consultant in Baltimore area.

1999 V11 Bassa.   Can't wait to ride it all over the place (when not toting the baby around).  And look forward to help from the forum work out the idiosyncracies as they show up.

Now that the weather is getting better, you are a pleasant ride away from the MD monthly breakfast meetings - generally the 3rd Sunday morning of the month and generally in the west Frederick area.  Watch the general discussion page for the regular reminder about a week before.  A good, low-key fairly small group that has a wealth of knowledge available for mining when necessary.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline owlhunter

• New Egg
« Reply #2625 on: May 07, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
Hi,

My name is Gabor Ivan, age 47. I am an electrical engineer, living in Hungary and am - since 2016 - a proud and happy owner of a 2001 Cali Stone.

Offline Lexiyntax

• New Egg
« Reply #2626 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »
Daniel, 40, Information Technology specializing in Linux and Big Data solutions in Central Pennsylvania, USA; bought a V9 Roamer last year from Europa Machina just before they closed up the Guzzi side of their shop. Had them put on a center stand to make it easier to work on it myself, which turned out to be a good decision since my closest dealer is now hours away.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:20:07 PM by Lexiyntax »
2017 Guzzi V9, 2008 Rebel 250, 2014 Street Triple, 2012 Voyager 1700, 2014 FLD Switchback, 2017 Concours 14

Offline glassman

• New Egg
« Reply #2627 on: May 09, 2018, 06:42:57 AM »
I'm new to group. Brent Bartley from Miamisburg Ohio. I have always been a fan of Moto Guzzi. Owned several over the years. I have recently started collecting small displacement Italian motorcycles. Currently working on a 1958 Moto Guzzi Cardellino

Offline PandionExpress

• New Egg
« Reply #2628 on: May 09, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »
Now that the weather is getting better, you are a pleasant ride away from the MD monthly breakfast meetings - generally the 3rd Sunday morning of the month and generally in the west Frederick area.  Watch the general discussion page for the regular reminder about a week before.  A good, low-key fairly small group that has a wealth of knowledge available for mining when necessary.

Thats great.  I will keep my eye out.  I will definitely plan on attending, whenever i can manage.
Andrew

1999 California Bassa - Pearl White

Offline roadron

• New Egg
« Reply #2629 on: May 09, 2018, 09:38:17 PM »
RON DETULLIO taos new mexico.68 yrs. still wrenching on vintage VWs and my friends bikes. Currently riding a 98 ducati SS and a 58 beemer conversion rig.Putting together from boxes an 83 lemans café bike. this will be my second guzzi café project.
83 Lemans café project
98 ducati 900ss final edition
58 bmw sidecar rig

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2630 on: May 10, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
RON DETULLIO taos new mexico.68 yrs. still wrenching on vintage VWs and my friends bikes. Currently riding a 98 ducati SS and a 58 beemer conversion rig.Putting together from boxes an 83 lemans café bike. this will be my second guzzi café project.

Doesn't happen without  :gotpics: :gotpics: :gotpics: :thumb:

Welcome aboard Ron. There is a thread running which has a cafe racer theme.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline ralphw

• New Egg
« Reply #2631 on: May 11, 2018, 11:54:14 PM »
hi my name is ralph. i own two guzzis. one is the v40 capri that is pictured on the page the site opens to if you google v40 capri & open the entry for wild goose. the other is a trentacinque gt both are late 80's. the v40 is a 4 valve head & in lovely condition. i think it was in someones collection in japan. it had done a little over 9000k's when i bought it. i live in cairns on the east coast of australia up in the tropics. the shop it came from is on the west coast. perth, a long way from cairns. i'd be happy to talk to any one about it as i'm proud of it &pleased to own it  :grin:

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
« Reply #2632 on: May 12, 2018, 03:00:01 AM »
hi my name is ralph. i own two guzzis. one is the v40 capri that is pictured on the page the site opens to if you google v40 capri & open the entry for wild goose. the other is a trentacinque gt both are late 80's. the v40 is a 4 valve head & in lovely condition. i think it was in someones collection in japan. it had done a little over 9000k's when i bought it. i live in cairns on the east coast of australia up in the tropics. the shop it came from is on the west coast. perth, a long way from cairns. i'd be happy to talk to any one about it as i'm proud of it &pleased to own it  :grin:
Welcome from Adelaide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2633 on: May 12, 2018, 03:04:48 AM »
Huzo is currently riding around Oz and may bump into you so beware :-)

Welcome mate

Offline BrakemanBob

• New Egg
« Reply #2634 on: May 13, 2018, 06:02:03 AM »
Hello.
My name is Bob Luck and I have been into Guzzi's for nearly thirty years. I have three, of which only one is a runner and that is my 1990 Spada III which has 143,000 miles on the clock. The other two are a 1980 Monza (which was close to being back on the road until I managed to break one of the lugs for the clutch arm on the back of the gearbox - don't ask) and 1969 ex Italian army Neuvo Falcone which needs new valve seats.

Other bikes I have owned include a Honda GL500 Silverwing, a Honda TransAlp and a BMW 650 Funduro.

I live in Birmingham,  an industrial city in the UK and I work as CAM programmer.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

oldbike54

« Reply #2635 on: May 13, 2018, 07:18:23 AM »
 ^^^ Hello Bob , are you from a railroad family ?

Dusty

Offline banditdude

• New Egg
« Reply #2636 on: May 13, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
Ivan
Professor
Alberta, Canada

2013 V11 LeMans, 2015 BMW R1200RT

Offline BrakemanBob

• New Egg
« Reply #2637 on: May 13, 2018, 05:11:49 PM »
^^^ Hello Bob , are you from a railroad family ?

Dusty
Hello Dusty,

No, though I have a great passion for steam trains and machinery in general. My dad was a lorry (truck) driver whilst my grandfather built bicycles and motorcycles at the Arial works in Selly Oak.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Offline Rion

• New Egg
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2638 on: May 13, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »
My name is Ryan, I'm Mid 30's, I talk motorcycles all day at Flying Tiger, and I'm in St. Louis MO.

I own a V7II Stornello 386/1000

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:35:54 PM by Rion »
V7II Stornello 386/1000
probablytheguy.com

F_Sahms

« Reply #2639 on: May 15, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »
Fred Sahms
Age of consent
E. Tennessee
Guzzi illnesses galore!   :boozing:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here