Author Topic: Spray painting a motorcycle  (Read 1144 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Spray painting a motorcycle
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2023, 08:38:20 AM »
Hello, I’m Dan and I’m also a REDNECK🤔
I’ve did a few small projects over the years with spray cans also.
As my experiments and experience developed I came to a couple conclusions.

-Use good quality spray that’s actually designed for the material you are working with (metal, wood, plastic, etc).
- take the time necessary to properly prepare the item being painted.
- apply the coats in layers, put on a layer, let dry, sand with fine grit paper, then apply the next coat. Repeating the process as necessary.
- after the last coat allow complete drying, sand with very fine grit paper and buff to a beautiful shine.
- clear coating always completed the job for me.

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2023, 08:26:04 AM »
OK, you've had all the serious answers, submitted for your amusement.

I had no idea I'd earned a Redneck card.

Back in my misspent youth I had a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup in awful green. So one day I painted it black, with a large brush.

Then I splatter painted it various neon colors over top of that black, with smaller brushes.

I HONESTLY contemplated doing that to a Black Road King a few years later, but it wound up being a pretty Blue so I left it alone.

If you didn't know you had a Redneck card, then it was probably just a Learner's Permit.  Getting the full blown Redneck Union card takes years of disciplined study and practice.  Preferably under the tutelage of several masters of the craft.

Many can earn the card for a little while, but holding on to it for any length of time, is a highly disciplined skill set not many can sustain.

That truck actually looks like a pretty good paint scheme.  White or silver would have been a better base coat to show off the accents.

When he was about 20, one of my older brothers painted a 15 year old Ford Falcon with a brush/sponge.  It came out great.  From 10 feet, no one could tell it was a brush/sponge paint job.

Don't sell yourself short Kev.  You're still young.  Set the bar higher!!!   :wink:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:30:35 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2023, 06:53:46 AM »
If you didn't know you had a Redneck card, then it was probably just a Learner's Permit.  Getting the full blown Redneck Union card takes years of disciplined study and practice.  Preferably under the tutelage of several masters of the craft.

Many can earn the card for a little while, but holding on to it for any length of time, is a highly disciplined skill set not many can sustain.

That truck actually looks like a pretty good paint scheme.  White or silver would have been a better base coat to show off the accents.

When he was about 20, one of my older brothers painted a 15 year old Ford Falcon with a brush/sponge.  It came out great.  From 10 feet, no one could tell it was a brush/sponge paint job.

Don't sell yourself short Kev.  You're still young.  Set the bar higher!!!   :wink:

Copy that, never give up...
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here