General Category > General Discussion

Performance air filters for V100

(1/3) > >>

Fitzig23:
Hi Guys

I have a V100 Mandello and will be coming up for a service soon. Considering replacing the OEM air filter with either a DNA or Sprint Filter. The DNA is similar to KN and uses a treatment oil whereas the Sprint Filter claims to operate dry and use compressed air to clean with option to wash if needed. A mechanic friend convinced me to replace my OEM Ducati 1098 with DNA filter and yes, I suppose it made a difference. Other than that, the cost of an OEM paper filter is up there with a performance type but you only need to spend the $$ once so there will be a cost saving long term.

Would enjoy receiving the plethora of responses for and against on this topic. I know it will be mixed.

OEM or after market performance filter - to be or not to be?

chrisfer:
I bought a sprint filter P08 and I saw, from the mesh, that the filtering is not efficient.

Fitzig23:
as in the dirt penetrated right thru and you wouldn't recommend it?

Frenchfrog:
Surely the V 100 has ample performance for normal use without trying to get one or two more horses out of it  ?

Bisbee:
This is simple physics. If the oil/gauze flows more air  then it is less restrictive. Every engineering article I have read says the oil gauze will not filter small particles as well as the paper filters. Your choice - more power - probably in your mind, or more protection for your motor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version