Author Topic: Naked Speed (Cafe Racer)  (Read 29005 times)

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
Re: Naked Speed (Cafe Racer)
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »
When my 10-year-old brought one home to practice, I took steps to ban violins in the schools.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

oldbike54

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
When my 10-year-old brought one home to practice, I took steps to ban violins in the schools.

:D :D :D :D    Screeeeeeech . The only instruments that produce a worse sound with a beginner at the controls are the reed instruments . Honk , whaaah , honk  :D

Dusty

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »
:D :D :D :D    Screeeeeeech . The only instruments that produce a worse sound with a beginner at the controls are the reed instruments . Honk , whaaah , honk  :D

Dusty
On a regular basis I hear bodily sounds coming from young brass players.  The only difference in the strings is that the viola sounds rather unruly even at the professional level.  They dearly pay the price in disrespect, hence the jokes.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

oldbike54

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 05:22:13 PM »
On a regular basis I hear bodily sounds coming from young brass players.  The only difference in the strings is that the viola sounds rather unruly even at the professional level.  They dearly pay the price in disrespect, hence the jokes.

Yeah  ,a quartet of beginning trombone players can often sound like the bean scene in Blazing Saddles , only less musical  :D

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 05:22:13 PM »

redrider

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
In fact why stop there? Stick your OWN name on it!

Exactly what a squid said to me at the stoplight. The Norton showed its butt that day.

Offline Hawker

• New Egg
  • Love V Twins of many incarnations.
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
I once had a coworker who used to say, "Anybody can restore one.  It takes a real man to cut one up."   ;D

I still don't understand that one?  They didn't use enough of the original frame to still call it a BSA, so why not just build the entire bike from the ground up?  What was that, Steam Punk styling?  Doesn't work for me, but I did like the results of the other build.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
yeah the other build, 900SS from Revival Cycles in Austin.

Shwantz gave it a work out at COTA.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:28:38 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Hawker

• New Egg
  • Love V Twins of many incarnations.
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »

Dusty

Don't forget accordions and bagpipes.  Noe there is a duet you don't want to hear.  :)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
John,

You know watching a show like this is like smoking pot, it's like a gateway drug. Before you know it you'll be mounting ape hangers on greenie and taking a saws all to your Cali and mounting a chrome extended fork on her. Just say no man, just say no.

I'll have to set the dvr for that. Cafe racer hadn't been on, I wondered what happened.

just jonesin to ride,

Js

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:06 PM »
Pendric: where do you find time to dig these weird images up?
Alternately; how are you setting a boolean search to look for 'constables peeing fire while on a motorcycle'?
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »
John,

You know watching a show like this is like smoking pot, it's like a gateway drug. Before you know it you'll be mounting ape hangers on greenie and taking a saws all to your Cali and mounting a chrome extended fork on her. Just say no man, just say no.

I'll have to set the dvr for that. Cafe racer hadn't been on, I wondered what happened.

just jonesin to ride,

Js

This IS the Cafe Racer show.  Just the latest one hour version.

Dude.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:56:33 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
This IS the Cafe Racer show.  Just the latest one hour version.

Dude.
i guess it changed times here not picking it up on the dvr
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »
I am basically in favor of what they do, and I think people have the right to cut up their bikes, but that BSA abortion made me want to punch the owner. In fact, there were several characters on that episode that came off like annoying punks. I really hope the pretentious tattooed hipster isn't the future of American "manhood."
People who claim they don't have ten seconds to answer your stupid questions can always find several minutes to criticize them.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
i guess it changed times here not picking it up on the dvr

DVR "Naked Speed" on velocity channel.  Last show for the season is next week.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:44:34 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »
I am basically in favor of what they do, and I think people have the right to cut up their bikes, but that BSA abortion made me want to punch the owner. In fact, there were several characters on that episode that came off like annoying punks. I really hope the pretentious tattooed hipster isn't the future of American "manhood."

Unlike the pretentious non tatooed hippie from 1970 ?
 Dusty

Sent from a submarine in Oklahoma .

Penderic

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 12:08:23 AM »
Pendric: where do you find time to dig these weird images up?
Alternately; how are you setting a boolean search to look for 'constables peeing fire while on a motorcycle'?

;D Yukonica, Glad you like them! When I am looking for some visuals for making a point, I find many other related pics, and often they are more interesting than the one I was thinking of! So I save them. And the unrelated pics that I think may be good for another day are also saved, but they are a challenge to remember were I put them .... many file names and tags don't always help finding the ones I know I have saved but not where exactly.... so it is good memory practice too!

Here is a pic I recently saved of Steve McQueen, with a 8mm 16mm camera taped to his helmet - an early attempt to film car racing from a riders point of view, like todays GoPro sport cameras. He was ahead of his time! I will definitely have to use that one in a future post on cameras somehow.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:11:04 AM by Penderic »

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
Unlike the pretentious non tatooed hippie from 1970 ?
 Dusty

Sent from a submarine in Oklahoma .

Things aren't looking too good.
People who claim they don't have ten seconds to answer your stupid questions can always find several minutes to criticize them.

oldbike54

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 12:38:52 PM »
Things aren't looking too good.

Each generation thinks poorly of the succeeding one , so far the world hasn't stopped spinning  :D

Hipster

Dusty

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
No, but lots of civilizations have turned to crap.

oldbike54

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
No, but lots of civilizations have turned to crap.

Civilization has always had issues , always will , read a bit of history , littered with the bad actions of countries , individuals , and other misc groups of folks . <shrug>

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here