Author Topic: 2017 national rally?  (Read 39577 times)

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2017 national rally?
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »
Guys, as of this moment no one has stepped up to hold a MGNOC National Rally.  I can fully understand why, it's a LOT of work, and takes time and patience and TIME to put one on.  Admittedly, I'm not in a position right now to even hold a state rally in NJ.  Besides, who would come to ride the "Tail of the Possum ?  Dusty has volunteered to step up and make Cedar Vale a "National" Guzzi get together.  Isn't that what a "Rally" really is?  From what I hear, Kansas is pretty much smack in the middle of the country - equal asccess for all.  May is a beautiful time not to have swamp-ass, yet still hang around a fire and tell lies. 

Why not support this opportunity , and turn Cedar Vale into a Guzzi flash mob?   Getting us all together is absolutely the point, and it sounds like the town would welcome the business. 

What do you rednecks say, "Don't kick a gift-horse in the nuts"?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:06:54 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »
Attaboy, Cam   :thumb: I couldn't have said it more elequently  :evil: myself.  :smiley: From the looks of those pictures, there's *plenty* of room. That shelter is probably the biggest I've ever seen at a rally. Dusty sez he can make showers happen if there are enough people coming.
Why not support this opportunity , and turn Cedar Vale into a Guzzi flash mob?   Getting us all together is absolutely the point
Good point, indeed. It doesn't *have* to be a MGNOC national rally.. but it *can* be a Guzzi National Rally. Works for me, and we'll be there.
Now. How to get the word out to the people that aren't on WG. Do you suppose Frank would get on board and put it in the rally calendar?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
He would if it became the "National Rally".  It could be a stripped down model of one.  Easier to do. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:33 PM »
Attaboy, Cam   :thumb: I couldn't have said it more elequently  :evil: myself.  :smiley: From the looks of those pictures, there's *plenty* of room. That shelter is probably the biggest I've ever seen at a rally. Dusty sez he can make showers happen if there are enough people coming. Good point, indeed. It doesn't *have* to be a MGNOC national rally.. but it *can* be a Guzzi National Rally. Works for me, and we'll be there.
Now. How to get the word out to the people that aren't on WG. Do you suppose Frank would get on board and put it in the rally calendar?

Honestly, I'm not sure on the protocol.  If we can get it on the MGNOC "Rally" website, and have each state rep talk it up, we should be good.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:33 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »
 For legal reasons it can't be called a MGNOC event , so we can't really call it a "national" . No need to get it on the MGNOC website , although you state reps , many of who are friends of mine, can discuss this with your groups . The effort is appreciated . Are we working towards this being the "gathering" for 2017 ?

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »
Well, it obviously can't be called a MGNOC event, but I don't see why it can't be a "National Moto Guzzi rally." Of course, "gathering" works, too..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »
I don't see why any camp out, rally, or gathering can't be in the Mgnoc news or on the website. I hosted a camp out for 11 years. It was not a Mgnoc function and Frank attended several of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »
Thank you Cam.   Well said.   

Dusty is making the offer.  No profit, little glory, mucho headaches.  We all benefit from the opportunity
being created.   

If somebody else wants to create a National at a more wonderful place and schedule it for the most perfect-est date of the year, then yippee for them. 

As Yoda once said.  "Go.  Or don't go.   But no bitching."
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
Guys, there's logistics to figure out besides area.......food & equipment/utensils/equipment to make it, tables to serve it, porta pottis to dispense it, water, weather, liability insurance, crowd control, county rules, etc., not to mention the $ to pay for all of this and what if the weather(rain) makes it a disaster for the promoter or participants?  Is Dusty really ready to stick his neck out?

When I put on a National Rally I had experience, equipment, and $ built up to offset issues that might happen.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:08:26 PM by Arizona Wayne »

oldbike54

« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »
Thank you Cam.   Well said.   

Dusty is making the offer.  No profit, little glory, mucho headaches.  We all benefit from the opportunity
being created.   

If somebody else wants to create a National at a more wonderful place and schedule it for the most perfect-est date of the year, then yippee for them. 

As Yoda once said.  "Go.  Or don't go.   But no bitching."

Yeah , but hosting rallies is great for attracting chicks  :rolleyes:

Guys, there's logistics to figure out besides area.......food & equipment/utensils/equipment to make it, tables to serve it, porta pottis to dispense it, water, weather, liability insurance, crowd control, county rules, etc., not to mention the $ to pay for all of this and what if the weather(rain) makes it a disaster for the promoter or participants?  Is Dusty really ready to stick his neck out?

When I put on a National Rally I had experience, equipment, and $ built up to offset issues that might happen.  :smiley:

Wayne , we already have the venue , there are plenty of tables and a stage in the pavilion , we can take deposits for the food and other expenses , no problem with county rules , the park belongs to the city and they have been on board for the last four years , and we can arrange for extra facilities .

Crowd control ?????  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 With this bunch , HA , more like someone with a cattle prod to keep them awake  :shocked: :laugh:

This is simply a matter of doubling or maybe tripling what we have been doing the last couple of years , and whether enough folks commit . If not , we will just go back to our original plan for 70 or so attendees . No problem .

Dusty

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2016, 05:12:52 AM »
Dusty,

I think all you have to do is tell us what the correct dates are, and we'll figure out if we can make it or not.  Either of the weekends works for me but, at the present time, I have my bike in several pieces.  It will have to get properly reassembled in time for the ride.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

oldbike54

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »
 New info on the Cedar Vale thread . We can make this happen with a bit of cooperation from all of you folks . Thanks  :thumb:

Dusty

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here