Author Topic: My V9 Roamer Thread (trip pics pg4)  (Read 31123 times)

Offline stonelover

• Gosling
Re: My V9 Roamer Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »
Had a factory Guzzi shield on my 2016 Stone and found it to be WAY TOO TALL.  Changed to A GIVI  620 and am riding happily ever after1

Bill H.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
right now on the Bobber is you get both sets free

Nice..  :thumb:
I can easily see Mr.Roper running down to Starbucks for his Caffe' mocha on one of these.
Murse swaying in the breeze, tarboosh positioned just so...

Uh huh..  :grin:

Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Lee Davis

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
I bought a new V9 Roamer last month and I am delighted with it (yellow color). What appeals to me about the bike is the retro, non racer styling. Reminds me of some of the old British bikes I have owned, I have yet to see a negative. I have a Stelvio, and a Harley Softail, but I wanted the V9 for zipping around town. I have put a windscreen and a set of Craven Comet panniers on it, with a large rear rack, so I could see taking longer trips with the bike. Seems like a great all around, smaller motorcycle. I have a feeling that the new V9's will become among their best sellers. One note: I am 6', 230 lbs, with rather long legs. I noticed my shin occasionally touching the intake if I put my foot on the peg in a normal (for me) position. The dealer is forwarding me a set of the mounts to move the pegs farther aft... included in the purchase price. Seems that the folks at Moto Guzzi are aware of the situation with larger riders, and have addressed it. All in all, a great bike.
Loopframe rebuilder and Erotic Farmer

Offline Adan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
I'll get the aft mounts if they're free.  But honestly I don't have any complaints about peg position.  My 30" inseam has me shin-to-metal sometimes, but it's not really an issue.  The bike handles fine for what it is and how I ride it.  I don't feel like bending the knees more for better handling would be a good trade off for me.
V9 Bobber
Zero S

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »
My findings with windscreens is that air must move smoothly over its surface. If it hits an upright blunt surface it will cause a turbulence. As the air comes back together and the rider is in that path it will create buffetting. Smooth air is your friend. Getting out of the air is not really the objective, but smoothing it out is often better than trying to totally deflect it away. 
My two pennies.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

bpreynolds

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
I'll get the aft mounts if they're free.  But honestly I don't have any complaints about peg position.  My 30" inseam has me shin-to-metal sometimes, but it's not really an issue.  The bike handles fine for what it is and how I ride it.  I don't feel like bending the knees more for better handling would be a good trade off for me.
Since removing the guards as pictured earlier in the thread, even my 32" inseam seems pretty much okay but I think I am gonna try and mid mounts.  I see they are now on AF1s site.
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=86966

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 06:38:57 AM »
My findings with windscreens is that air must move smoothly over its surface. If it hits an upright blunt surface it will cause a turbulence. As the air comes back together and the rider is in that path it will create buffetting. Smooth air is your friend. Getting out of the air is not really the objective, but smoothing it out is often better than trying to totally deflect it away. 
My two pennies.

Exactly what I found at my V7 Stone (2013 [Europe] version). I have the original Guzzi windshield, and I had to tilt it as far as possible backwards. Then the buffeting stopped completely.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »
Since removing the guards as pictured earlier in the thread, even my 32" inseam seems pretty much okay but I think I am gonna try and mid mounts.  I see they are now on AF1s site.
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=86966

Why would you buy them when other guys here are sayin' they come FREE with the purchase of the bike?  Contact the dealer.

Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
If tilting the windshield doesn't work then try JB's method  :)   (ie, drill a bunch of holes in the screen).

I'd try an MRA X spoiler screen first  :)
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

bpreynolds

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 05:49:41 AM »
Well, I fit my Madstad to it the other night.  Turns out the Roamer has about the same handlebar clamp setup as my KTM 950 so I didn't have to modify it to fit.  The Madstad is hardly clean looking but what it does is give me about 5 inches of adjustability as per height and about 3 inches of adjustability as per rake.  So we'll see how that goes.  I'll post pictures when I can.  If you're familiar with Madstad stuff you'll know it's very functional and practical, but hardly attractive for the mounts and arms; yet, it bolts to the handlebar clamp and not the handlebar like most screens so it doesn't slip like so many handlebar mounted screens can. 

Offline Jackr

• New Egg
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »
Adding my thoughts on my V9 Roamer. Bought it a year ago after years of big block Californias. I wanted smaller, lighter, more agile, etc. This bike fits the bill for me. I have about 15k now. I like it the way it came mostly; removed the charcoal canister and the associated plumbing, removed the passenger footpegs, installed a solo seat, installed a decent horn, removed the "heat shields" that were attached to the middle part of the exhaust, added Hepco Becker hard cases. I bought and installed the Guzzi rear rack for the V9. Didn't like it all all, so removed it.

Although certainly not a performance machine, it feels athletic and quick; easy to ride, and I like that it stands out among the large, heavy, muscular machines that dominate the roads these days.

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 06:06:32 AM »
Are there seats available for the roamer to enable it be suitable for 2-up riding?

Brian, you change motorcycles about as often as I change underwear. Nice bike; got me thinking about one.

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
My V9 Roamer Thread
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »
Are there seats available for the roamer to enable it be suitable for 2-up riding?

The V9s are what got me interested in Guzzis, but I decided to start small and got a baby Breva, "for now." I'm pretty sure they sell a passenger seat extension for the stock saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:18:00 AM by nyITguy »

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »
Am I mistaken....or are there NO complaints whatsoever about the stock seat on this bike?

Congrats Brian, sat on one at the show in Indy in February and really really liked it.

'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »
I've seen a yellow one in a dealership.  Gorgeous pearl paint.  I hate to admit it- but this is one of those machines that you absolutely must see in person to appreciate the lines. I said the same thing about the 1400 - I hated the first pictures. After you see it, though, it becomes clear. Really great sculpting.
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »
I've seen a yellow one in a dealership.  Gorgeous pearl paint.  I hate to admit it- but this is one of those machines that you absolutely must see in person to appreciate the lines. I said the same thing about the 1400 - I hated the first pictures. After you see it, though, it becomes clear. Really great sculpting.

I am in the same boat as you

in picture, first impression was V9 has such a small body with longer a$$ skinny fork, but in reality she is a full grown woman with nice slim body design...got everything you want and almost none of the crap you don't care about.

Same goes with 1400, thought was a huge fat lady until I saw her in person in a dealership...wow the curve and comfort when I sat on her...fit like a glove and felt like just meant for you to just ride her into the country for DAYS if not WEEKS...

Didn't have the chance to test ride the 1400, but maybe in the near future.

P.S. hopefully none of you get offensive with my woman figured comparison  :kiss:
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

bpreynolds

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »

Brian, you change motorcycles about as often as I change underwear. Nice bike; got me thinking about one.

Jon

Am I mistaken....or are there NO complaints whatsoever about the stock seat on this bike?

Congrats Brian, sat on one at the show in Indy in February and really really liked it.

Right now the dual seat you see on some of the newer European models is not yet showing up in the accessories nor stock catalogs.  At least that I can tell.  But, and I am not certain of this, there may be an option to buy the solo seat and the pillion comfort seat to butt up against it, thereby making the area larger for the pillion.  Right now my wife can ride on the back of it with me but it is a tight fit and we are small folks; I do not think it would fit the average 2 Americans.  Not an insult.  On my rides I've really been surprised by how that pad looking thing performs.  Much better to me than the stock seats on my previous Calis.

Jon, I am a disquieted individual and was/am lucky to have found a wonderful lady who somehow agreed to marry me despite many faults.  Ever since then I decided I would change bikes rather than wives and it has worked out well so far.  And much cheaper too.   :thumb: :grin: 

I will repeat what I and others have said here that the bike in person is quite stunning, or at least I think so.  I am sure the yellow is fantastic too but I have always had a thing for Guzzi whites.  The Bassa I once owned had the most gorgeous pearl, and even the white Stelvio I once had was a sharp shade of white.  To me and my eyes the Roamer paint here is even more sharp with a kind of sparkle/flake in it.       

I still only have about 300 miles on the bike.  I can say a great deal about it now that is not tainted with new bike gleam/glow.  What I will say is I have been really surprised by the engine so far.  I love, love, loved my 2015 V7 Stone and thought/think it was fine as per power.  When I got the V9 I expected it to be just a bike with a slight more oomph than the V7 and a similar feel.  On the contrary, what I have found myself doing almost every single time I ride the thing is comparing it more to any of the 4 previous 1100 Californias I have owned.  And loved.  It definitely sounds more like them, engine feels more like them, and roll-on is more like them to me than it is to the V7.  I am still unsure of how this is and I keep checking/testing it each time I am out.  But there it is every trip.  Now, that would be a very much refined 1100, but the engine does feel closer to those bikes than it does to what I recall about the V7 which I never actually thought was a slow or inadequate bike anyhow.  From a start, I am really surprised by how quick the thing gets up and goes.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:10:27 PM by bpreynolds »

Offline Jackr

• New Egg
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »
When I looked at, and then bought, my V9, I assumed I would need a custom seat, which I found necessary on my previous Californias, most recently my 2000 Jackal. The seat on this thing looked to me like a Moto Guzzi ass torture device. I got the Guzzi solo seat and it seemed the same only smaller. But, to my surprise, after 1500k mi and several 450 mi days, the Guzzi solo seat feels fine to my backside. Long days for me these days are 500 mi and so far so good.

Others have commented favorably on the overall bike, and I'll echo those comments by saying my V9 Roamer impresses me as a fun-to-ride all rounder with good balance, agility, and enough muscle to make it real.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
Sounds to me like these new V9s are very much a Guzzi, in the true Guzzi mold, a practical and enjoyable machine. Sounds like a winner!

bpreynolds

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
Figured I'd update my thread here since it's been a while.
I'm now at 1400 miles on the Roamer and just changed all the fluids (a little late getting to it but been busy riding it  :thumb:) and will do the valve adjust this weekend.  One very small quibble on the gearbox oil change is I had to drop the brake side exhaust to remove the drain plug as the crossover pipe is in the way of the bolt.  Pretty easy job otherwise and the service interval for this job, if you follow the manual, is fantastically long so you won't have to drop it again for a long, long time. 

Some notes right off the top:
1) Among all the Guzzi engines I've had (two 8Vs, V7, 1100 Calis, 1200 Norge), this is my favorite engine.  My reasons for this will certainly be different from others and some folks may even be turned off by mine.  First off, it's surprisingly and impressively quick for what it is.  Not fast remotely, but it has a good bit more tug than my previous V7 Stone had and I never thought that bike was lacking for what it is.  It gets up and goes as fast or maybe even faster than my previous 1100s.  Again, that's not fast but it's plenty fast enough to put a smile on your face when you want and its smaller size makes it a little more fun to throw around too.  Second, I love that it's silky smooth.  If I needed reminding I'm on a Goose, I'd might have to rev it at stops (I don't), but as far as smooth running once moving, it's that for sure.  It has a nice engine tone but is possibly the most tame exhaust note of any Goose I've owned.  And I like it like that.  I'm getting old and while I still love the sound of a fabulous engine, it does, like me, get old over the miles.  It's also got that extra tug I mentioned while still being a super economical machine.  I have generally been getting around 47mpg on daily commutes but the one time I took it out for a 300 mile day on a mix of riding roads, it returned 56mpg at the pump at 146 miles and another gallon plus or so to go in the tank.  When I first got the bike I was worried I'd miss the big tank of the V7, but honestly, to me anyhow, that's become a moot point as the bike could foreseeably get 180+ miles to the tank if you wanted to take it there.  At least that's my perspective on the range issue as I need to get off for a break on pretty much any bike after about 150 plus miles.

2) The seat has been surprisingly great.  I maybe gave it 50 miles on expectation but in practice I've found it's the best stock Guzzi seat I've owned.  I have no problems staying on it from one tank to the next.  The only day I felt inclined to pull out the Airhawk was on the above mentioned 300 mile day.

3) So much seemed to have been made in the press on these bikes as per handling.  I can't speak about the Bobber as I haven't ridden one, but I can say this one handles great to me and I have had some spirited rides upon it.  It's obviously not my KTM and I'd be stupid to try and take it there, but for what it is, I personally think the bike handles great and I haven't had a lack of confidence in the bike since I've owned it in this regard.  I've stuck it in corners at safer speeds, I've very mildly dragged the peg feelers, etc.  It didn't slip nor feel unstable to me during any of this.  It's a good, capable standard bike that is not a sport nor sporty motorcycle.  If you like to push limits on a bike, I might suggest a different bike.  I said the same things about my previous and beloved V7.  It's been too long since seat time on the V7 to make finer comparisons like handling but if it doesn't handle quite as well as my stock Stone did, it's close enough for me.

4) I have damaged lower discs in my back and because of this, I had a great amount of problems with American forward pegs on the Roamer.  It was so bad that for the first two months of ownership leading up to when I got the rearsets, I thought I was gonna have to sell it because of this.  I'm sure the American stockers are fine for most folks but I've since gone to the OEM rearsets and life has been significantly better though I still wouldn't say its ergos are as good to me and my back as the V7 was.  I still need to get more miles on the bike to judge whether I can live with the rearsets over long trips but for now they are a great improvement.  I tried a French brand (Baak) rearsets I got through AF1 and all I can say is don't.  They are grossly less finished and poorly designed than the OEM rearsets.  But anyhow, just to give you an idea of the difference in seating, here are two photos.  One of me with the American forward pegs, and the other with the Baak pegs which, though poorly designed, did help my discs.  The OEM rearsets (not pictured but now installed on the bike) are about an inch lower and half inch or so further back than the Baak's pictured in the 2nd photo.  I don't have a pic of me on the bike with the Guzzi rearsets or I'd post it here to show.  The OEM rearsets are by far my preferable setup. The first pic here might have me exaggerating the slumping a bit but that's what I tended to do with the American stock pegs.  My discs hated it and I got kinda annoyed with trying to find ways to situp straight with the more forward controls.  Also, a plus for the rearsets is my knees no longer knock into the injector guards. 
IMG_5676 by Brian, on Flickr
IMG_20170707_204004_resized_20170707_090529868 by Brian, on Flickr

5) I added a Guzzi screen and a Givi tail rack with Monokey adaptor plate.  As I noted on another thread, it's not as sharp looking as HB or stock stuff, but it gets the job done. 

IMG_20170719_211457_resized_20170721_080303708 by Brian, on Flickr
IMG_20170719_205721_resized_20170721_080259200 by Brian, on Flickr
IMG_5705 by Brian, on Flickr

6) While I really like the dash menu and the control button for it, I equally dislike the turn signal lever.  It seems a little cheap and less functional than I recall the V7 Stone's and other Guzzis.  Lots of times I must hit it twice or more to get it to activate or turn off immediately.  By this I don't mean it's not working; rather, I just mean the click feel, place, and look of it seems odd to me.

7) The gearbox is probably the smoothest of any Guzzi I've had and it's rare I miss any shifts at all on it.  Having said this, it is still not even remotely Japanese nor Austrian and I like it this way.  There is still that pleasing "clunk" to me when I put it in first.  This is familiar and pleasing to me. 

8) The clutch is LOUD.  Or at least to me it seems loud.  The plus is that it is jokingly, ridiculously easy to pull.  Maybe the easiest of any bike I have ever owned period.  Two fingers easily if you want.  In traffic this aspect is a total joy and makes the bike that much more easy to ride around town.

9) Speaking of easy to ride, this one is at least as easy or maybe even moreso than my previous V7.  They are close.  There is nothing to figure out or anything you must "learn" about it to ride it enjoyably.  If you are a  rider who likes opening the envelope on a bike, figuring a bike out to exploit it's potential and/or make neat little discoveries, you might be disappointed.  It's stone cold stupid easy and predictable to ride.  The FI, the brakes, etc. it all behaves spot on, so much that you even forget about this aspect until you get on another bike later and you're reminded, "Oh hey, I never even had to think about this on the V9."

Overall, my discs are still waiting to see how the bike does on longer rides with the more pleasing rearsets, but aside from this issue, I must say I am duly impressed with it.  I know some guys on here have serious issues with its looks but hey, as Bobby Brown might say, that's my prerogative.  I see some guys on here throwing the "Sportster Clone" tag at it and that's funny because Sportsters are my favorite Harleys LOL and too because it really is nothing like my buddy's 1200 Roadster. Anyhow, just thought I'd update the thread here a bit. 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:23:20 AM by bpreynolds »

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »
Great reporting on your impressions with the bike.  :thumb:
Hope your back agrees with the mods you are making. Keep the updates coming!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
A great and encouraging report Brian - thanks for taking the time to make it.

One niggle - and it could just be me, but visually I'm not seeing a huge difference in the seating/leg position between those two photos. I see a change in angle of the foot on the peg, but even that. I mean, aren't the positions more similar than not if you're just riding down the road and not actively shifting. I mean isn't there as much a difference on the first pic depending on whether your heel or ball of the foot is on the peg?

Considering your report regarding discomfort with your back on the one and not the other I'm assuming there's more of a difference than we can see - or a small difference makes a big difference in your case? But I'm just not seeing it.

Of course, this coming from a guy who prefers his feet not directly beneath him anyway.

Either way, reports like this make me think I'd love to have a V9 in the fleet someday.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

bpreynolds

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 11:38:28 AM »
A great and encouraging report Brian - thanks for taking the time to make it.

One niggle - and it could just be me, but visually I'm not seeing a huge difference in the seating/leg position between those two photos. I see a change in angle of the foot on the peg, but even that. I mean, aren't the positions more similar than not if you're just riding down the road and not actively shifting. I mean isn't there as much a difference on the first pic depending on whether your heel or ball of the foot is on the peg?

Considering your report regarding discomfort with your back on the one and not the other I'm assuming there's more of a difference than we can see - or a small difference makes a big difference in your case? But I'm just not seeing it.

Of course, this coming from a guy who prefers his feet not directly beneath him anyway.

Either way, reports like this make me think I'd love to have a V9 in the fleet someday.

Ha!  My discs mandate the total opposite, the more direct beneath me the better, but it should be noted that's due mainly to my damaged discs.  It's sorta bizarre, anything that has me bending forward or the opposite, leaning back, will produce discomfort. 

Sorry about the photos on the pegs.  I admit those photos here are probably not the best examples to see the difference.  Do keep in mind the two "peg pictures" in my above post are comparing the stock pegs to the poor Baak brand rearsets.  These latter move the pegs about 3-4 inches back but also, unfortunately, move the pegs up about an inch closer to the seat.  Also, though Baak claims they bolt right up, I in fact had to install spacers to get them out further away from the frame and the exhaust.  I wish I had taken a picture of me on the bike with the Guzzi rearsets that are now installed and can be seen in the 3rd and 4th pictures of my above post.  One thing you might use as comparison is the sticker's placement in reference to the pegs in my first slumped photo against this same relationship in my my 3rd and 4th photos where the Guzzi rearsets are installed.  But yeah, even that is not gonna convey exactly how much.  I'll try and get some better photos for this example.  The stock rearsets move you back about 3-4 inches like the Baak brand but unlike the Baak, they don't move your feet up too.

Offline dcardo021

• Gosling
    • moto guzzi
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »
Brian,
Great report, I have the bobber and everything you have described is right on the money. Just did a 1700 mile trip on mine and would have killed for you air hawk on my 2 six hundred mile days. And yes that damn bolt is blocked by the cross over pipe. By the way it will haul when needed did 200 miles between 85 and 95, dang thing seemed happier at 90 than 80.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2017, 12:37:26 PM »
One thing you might use as comparison is the sticker's placement in reference to the pegs in my first slumped photo against this same relationship in my my 3rd and 4th photos where the Guzzi rearsets are installed.  But yeah, even that is not gonna convey exactly how much.  I'll try and get some better photos for this example.  The stock rearsets move you back about 3-4 inches like the Baak brand but unlike the Baak, they don't move your feet up too.

:thumb:

Yeah, maybe photos 1 and 4 - comparing the yellow/black ENI/AGIP sticker to the peg position sorta shows it.

In 1 the peg looks to be in front of the sticker. In 4 it appears to be behind, though it's hard to tell with the angle.

I think a pick with the same angle of the new pegs would probably illustrate it better if you could.

But the report is excellent and probably tells the whole story.

Nice bike!
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 02:45:53 AM »
kev,
it may not look it in the photos but when I was at Hamlin's I sat on his demo that has the "move the pegs back kit" and it's a noticable difference in position and feeling compared to "as delivered".

Bikes shipped with the relocation kit at N/C so customer has option.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »
I really need to ride one for myself. I'm not doubting you guys, I just wonder how subjective the difference is, or conversely if the change would actually be a negative to me.

I'm weird, and I'm really good with that.

But I am liking the V9 more and more.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
I really need to ride one for myself. I'm not doubting you guys, I just wonder how subjective the difference is, or conversely if the change would actually be a negative to me.

I'm weird, and I'm really good with that.

But I am liking the V9 more and more.

:1:

I'm glad to see that the V9 is finally getting some love.   Kev -- given your ergonomic preferences, I'd bet that you'd be very happy with the V9.

As for me, I'd never have liked the V9 with the original foot peg position, but, now that they've moved them back, it is more interesting to me.    Even the styling has grown on me a little.    I was hoping to ride one the demo-truck day that was a couple hours away from me a few weeks back, but, couldn't get off work to get out there.  One of these days I'll ride one.   I bet I'll like it.

At the end of the day, I still like the V7 styling more.    If Guzzi ever puts the V9 motor in the V7, I'll likely buy one.

I'd love to see some sales numbers on the V9.   When I talked to Walter at Europa Machinna last year, they hadn't sold one yet, and word was that they were a sales flop across the whole country.

Hopefully they're catching on now, not just among WildGuzzi members, but, hopefully, they're drawing new riders into the Guzzi fold.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

bpreynolds

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »
Here's the best picture peg example I can offer quickly this morning.  Looking at the photo here my finger is where the stock pegs WERE.  Hope this helps at least a little in better understanding the American versus Euro peg setup.

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
Here's the best picture peg example I can offer quickly this morning.  Looking at the photo here my finger is where the stock pegs WERE.  Hope this helps at least a little in better understanding the American versus Euro peg setup.

[emoji106]

Thx
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here