General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1968 V700 Rejuvination

<< < (24/24)

Dave Swanson:

--- Quote from: Glawster on November 23, 2020, 04:16:31 AM ---What a first class job you've made of that bike Dave!  It really looks fabulous and I'm sure it rides just as well.  I've never owned a loop, but my mate from Inverness Scott Muir built one a couple of years ago.  Scott is up there with you for the quality of his rebuilds.  I'm in too much of a hurry to the bike finished and inclined to cut a few corners.  Also I'm a Yorkshireman, well known for having short arms and deep pockets.  Anyway, Scott turned up at one of our "MacGiro" events with his newly built V7 and we had a nice tour of the Scottish Borders.  I think he fitted 850GT barrels and pistons, and the bike certainly wasn't short of oomph.  Handling encouraged a more "relaxed" style of riding compared to the V7 Sport and this loop was quickly dubbed "The Chesterfield" on account of it being like a comfortable old sofa!

DSC_0122 by Derek Wardell, on Flickr

DSC_0151 by Derek Wardell, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Nice V700!  And love the shot of the 2.  Looks like a great place to ride!

Dave Swanson:
I finally had the opportunity to install the leg shields today.  Thanks a million to Cam3512. EldoMike, and of course Jas67 for helping make this happen. 

Frenchfrog:
Stunning job Dave...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version