General Category > General Discussion

Reflections on my next bike...

(1/5) > >>

ScepticalScotty:
I have been giving a bit of thought to this lately and although my 2004 Breva doesn't have near as many miles as my last 2004 Breva, in a while I might look to change. If I can afford it, it will be a V7 850. It has the style, size (I'm 5 foot 3), can have accessories for touring easy enough such as a small screen, hard luggage (HB by preference) and a centrestand. It has a decent chunk of torque and hp over the Breva, and a sixth gear, all to make a good difference on long rides. Others considered;

V100 Mandello - love it but its a spicy meatball at the price plus the extras I would have to buy (luggage as minimum). Also to reverse it into my "bike house" might be a bit of a problem.

New Stelvio - too tall - too expensive for me.

V85 Strada - now I REALLY quite like the idea of this but its a tall bike still, and much more bulky that a V7.  Will maybe have a test ride. We will see. Looks a hugely capable touring bike.

bigbikerrick:
Have you considered the V 85 TT? with the Stelvio, prices on the TT should come down in the used market. I have seen some sweet deals on some,and am tempted myself. Its a well proven machine, and cheaper to accesorize, I think
Rick

Huzo:

--- Quote from: bigbikerrick on March 21, 2024, 03:00:01 PM ---Have you considered the V 85 TT? with the Stelvio, prices on the TT should come down in the used market. I have seen some sweet deals on some,and am tempted myself. Its a well proven machine, and cheaper to accesorize, I think
Rick

--- End quote ---
Too tall in the seat for a 5’3” rider.

slopokes:
Dealers are still sitting on new 2020 v85’s—cycle trader is your friend..

Tkelly:
Check out a v9,cheaper than v85 and by all accounts a more mellow engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version