Author Topic: Special tool for 09 Norge front axle necessary?  (Read 1928 times)

Offline OlderSlower

• Hatchling
Special tool for 09 Norge front axle necessary?
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:05:37 AM »
I did a search, but wasn't able to find an answer (maybe I didn't search right, because I can't believe the info wasn't there).  I am upgrading my forks and was wondering if I need a special tool for the axle removal/reinstall on my 09 Norge.  It looks like it wouldn't be necessary, but I don't want to realize I need it when my front end is off the bike.  Help please?
2009 Norge, Staintune, Helibars, lower pegs, Russell seat, Matris fork kit and shock, more to come...
2008 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Special tool for 09 Norge front axle necessary?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »
I did not need it on my '07.

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »
No special tool; 30 mm socket or wrench.

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
No special tool.  When assembling keep the lower axle pinch bolts loose until axle installed.  Tighten the left side and tighten up the 30mm axle nut.  Now LOOSEN the pinch bolts and work the forks or spin the wheel and apply the brakes several times hard.  This allows the forks to migrate to where they will be parallel to one another and not tighten as the fork goes through its travel.  Now tighten all the pinch bolts and continue assembly of the other parts.  I have my '14 Norge apart right now and will do the same thing after breakfast.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »

dilligaf

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
No special tool.  When assembling keep the lower axle pinch bolts loose until axle installed.  Tighten the left side and tighten up the 30mm axle nut.  Now LOOSEN the pinch bolts and work the forks or spin the wheel and apply the brakes several times hard.  This allows the forks to migrate to where they will be parallel to one another and not tighten as the fork goes through its travel.  Now tighten all the pinch bolts and continue assembly of the other parts.  I have my '14 Norge apart right now and will do the same thing after breakfast.

What he said.  ;-T  :BEER:
Matt

Offline OlderSlower

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »
Thanks all!
2009 Norge, Staintune, Helibars, lower pegs, Russell seat, Matris fork kit and shock, more to come...
2008 Triumph Bonneville

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here