Author Topic: Car talk gets it  (Read 1615 times)

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
Car talk gets it
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:44:45 PM »
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Car talk gets it
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »
from the Donalds,

Donald Duck • 2 hours ago
I can't believe you listed a motorcycle in a list of touring cars and chose something as expensive and unreliable as a Moto Guzzi. Why not list the king of touring bikes (Honda Goldwing) or a more reasonably priced touring machine (like the Kawasaki Concours)?

There is a long list of motorcycles I would rather take on a long trip than a Moto Guzzi.

Even if I had an unlimited budget, I would rather have a BMW than a Moto Guzzi.
 •Share ›

Don Duck  Donald Duck • 32 minutes ago
I can't believe how little you know about motorcycles and still decided to make a sweeping statement like this!

The stelvio is 15K cheaper then a goldwing, 6k cheaper then an equivalent BMW. 3 times more reliable then a BMW. you would need your unlimited budget to own the honda or bmw, the guzzi is very affordable, and while not as reliable as a japan bike, is hands down more reliable then anything from bmw made after 2005.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
Re: Car talk gets it
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »

A good read, and a fitting response to "Donald Duck," except for conceding reliability to the Japanese. My 2012 Stelvio has been reliable as an anvil, as was my Y2K Jackal. Meanwhile, I've known plenty of owners of Japanese machines who've had problems large and small. Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but I haven't noticed any Japanese MC dealers shutting down their service departments because the bikes never break down.
Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here