Author Topic: Carb idle help again  (Read 575 times)

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
Carb idle help again
« on: June 08, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »
Need some help because I tried all I can think of. 75 Eldo rebuilt carbs about three years ago and ran great although always cold blooded. Didn’t ride her last year and getting her ready for this year I can’t get her to idle.  I’ve adjusted the screws with no results, removed bowls on carbs and probed the jets. I even removed the screw for mixture adjust and squirted carb cleaner in with no success.

It will start and run given choke but seems it is running on main jet I’m guessing.  So do I have to pull carbs off and rebuild again.  I have Carbtune to balance but without getting her to idle I can’t adjust much.

Thanks in advance - Mark

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Carb idle help again
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »
Take mixture screw out and clean w/spray THEN USE AN AIR COMPRESSOR to blow out between mix screw and idle jet.  Not a rebuild but a cleaning. Set mix screw bout 2-2 1/2 out w/a 50 pilot.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Furbo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Carb idle help again
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 09:18:21 PM »
Marc,

you need to remove the carbs and clean them properly. You MAY get lucky spraying gummout, but it's unlikely. If removing the carbs were difficult, I'd suggest removing the pilot jets from below and cleaning them as that's likely where the issue is, but that's almost more hassle then removing the carbs.

I've found that the best thing to clean jets with is a smaller diameter guitar string
Killeen, TX
'96 Sport 1100
'72 N. Falcone
'72 Eldo

Eccl 9:9,10

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here