Author Topic: ROADGEAR JACKETS: TIERRA del FUEGO? XCALIBER? or EXTREME JACKETS?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
Roadgear appears to be closing out some of their clothing lines in preparation for developing new products.  

After years of use I want to supplant my Roadcrafter with a lighter weight, more physically flexible system.  Is there any experience or recommendations out there?

Spuddy
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ROADGEAR JACKETS: TIERRA del FUEGO? XCALIBER? or EXTREME JACKETS?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »
I have the X-caliber jacket (bought pants and jacket when the vendor was at the Datil New Mexico rally). Rarely use the jacket now that I got a good deal on a First Gear Kilimanjaro. The Kilimanjaro has thinner fabric so it fits better, zipper is two way so I can unzip a bit from the bottom up so it does not bunch up on the bike and I really really like the fleece liner.

The X-caliber gets the nod when I go on the road as I feel the thicker stiffer fabric will provide better protection. I remained dry on the last ride to Datil (it coincides with our monsoon season) after way too many hours in the rain. Worked better than my gloves!

I'm long legged and their pants are the closest to a decent fit for me. All other brands run short.

Have not used their other lines.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here