Author Topic: A few images from Barrett-Jackson  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: A few images from Barrett-Jackson
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 07:19:36 PM »
....... guys wearing too much jewelry and trophy wives hanging onto them with way too much jewelry, not a Guzzi kind of crowd.

I don't know .... maybe I'd like to give that a try!  :bow:  I'll bet I could do the jewelry and trophy thing and keep the Guzzis too if I put my mind to it ...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:20:25 PM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 12:19:13 AM »
Thanks for posting this, I have never been to the Russo and Steel or Bonhams auctions, they look to be much more sedate than B-J.
I once went to a B-J auction 7 years ago and was put off by the hype and glitz, guys wearing too much jewelry and trophy wives hanging onto them with way too much jewelry, not a Guzzi kind of crowd.

Yes,  B-J is a circus.  But unless you are buying you send very little time watching the auction..... very loud and hard to see unless you are up in the VIP seating.  The real show is all the cars out in the tents or visiting manufacturers booths.  Russo and Steele is a smaller venue, "more intimate" they like to say.... but still a lot of yelling.
 The others are very sedate by comparison.  I was at two nights of bidding at RM last year and my pals and I were falling asleep as the bids were quietly ased and accepted and much more time spent on each car.
People watching is part of the deal!

Day 4 at Leake auction and the weekly car show at Pavilions in Scottsdale

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8eSj9tWdh5jYY3G57
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »
Yes,  B-J is a circus.  But unless you are buying you send very little time watching the auction..... very loud and hard to see unless you are up in the VIP seating.  The real show is all the cars out in the tents or visiting manufacturers booths.  Russo and Steele is a smaller venue, "more intimate" they like to say.... but still a lot of yelling.
 The others are very sedate by comparison.  I was at two nights of bidding at RM last year and my pals and I were falling asleep as the bids were quietly ased and accepted and much more time spent on each car.
People watching is part of the deal!

Day 4 at Leake auction and the weekly car show at Pavilions in Scottsdale

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8eSj9tWdh5jYY3G57

John is right...and BJ is a circus indeed!  Next year, we will go the other auctions, and blow off BJ.

I miss going to "The Pavilions" on Saturday nights...it is the longest running "Cruise Night" in the USA.  Were there any motorcycle there?  Usually at least a dozen or more... :cool:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »
John is right...and BJ is a circus indeed!  Next year, we will go the other auctions, and blow off BJ.

I miss going to "The Pavilions" on Saturday nights...it is the longest running "Cruise Night" in the USA.  Were there any motorcycle there?  Usually at least a dozen or more... :cool:

Not to many.  I look for Guzzi's ... usually Tom Hetrick.  A jet bike used to come but I have not seen that one for a while.
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »

Offline coast range rider

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
I looked at and drove the $25K Porsche Spyder replica. I also looked at the price of the ones with Subaru running gear, $40K.
I ended up with a 300 hp Pontiac Solstice GXP in new condition for $8K, lol.
Unfortunately, I would have to sell off more than my motorcycles to afford the Ford GT40 replica.
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »
How did the photo of the new low rider in my favorite color combination (for a low rider) end up in the photos from Barrett-Jackson?

If that bike fit me I would be so tempted. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2020, 08:41:39 PM »
How did the photo of the new low rider in my favorite color combination (for a low rider) end up in the photos from Barrett-Jackson?

If that bike fit me I would be so tempted.

Well, just because while we were down in Scottsdale, (15 minutes from the BJ auction site), we stopped by GO-AZ HD....I saw this new model...and I liked it!! :thumb: :wink: :cool: :smiley:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here