Author Topic: V85 Windscreen eglide brand  (Read 508 times)

Offline Kitze

• New Egg
V85 Windscreen eglide brand
« on: May 04, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »
So...after much measuring and calibrated eye balling...I decided on the size and shape of a touring windscreen. The Isotta model sc89 is perfect. Unfortunately it has a 6-8 week lead time. That’s 6-8 week in US time. In Italian time that could mean no sooner then beginning of October. What with August in the mix.
A company call eglide makes a screen of pretty similar dimensions. I haven’t really been able to find any thing about the V85 screen made by them. I like the overall look of the Isotta better. But, if the eglide is availability and not a POS I might go down that road.
Anyone have one or seen one Of the Eglide screens? How do the two compare as far as quality, fit and finish.

I know Give makes a couple as well but theirs aren’t close to the size I want. Also never really been too impressed with their screens.
Thanks,
Damien
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:51:49 PM by Kitze »
V85TT, SV650

Online Bisbonian

• Gaggle Hero
  • Living the Dream
Re: V85 Windscreen eglide brand
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:12:25 AM »
I'm assuming you're looking at these through AF1? If you're looking at the E-Glide Goodies website, I'd suggest going through AF1 to purchase as my experience with the E-Glide company shipping things is not great when compared to AF1.
Have you tried calling the guys at AF1 and asking them this question. Having flown out there to pick up my V85, I found these guys to be knowledgeable and passionate about their product.

Offline Kitze

• New Egg
Re: V85 Windscreen eglide brand
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:12:58 AM »
Yup. I talked to af1.
I was hoping someone had experience with eglide products first hand.
Rather then wait for the Isotta screen I think I’ll go a different route.
V85TT, SV650

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here