Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have only ridden one 1100 Griso and it felt exactly like my 2 VPC 1200 (1151 cc) Norge power wise.
Like you, I always felt that the ‘bars were unnecessarily wide, especially for something that does not have a reputation for tank slippers and the like.
General Discussion / Sorting my Griso 1100 - Handle Bars, foot pegs, etc
« Last post by CanBike on April 28, 2024, 09:45:27 PM »
Just purchased a very nice 2007 Griso 1100, and I'd like to sort out a few things:

The handle bars feel too wide. The bike had tiny bar end mirrors, and the bar end weights were missing. I was thinking of installing risers, and maybe new bars. Or I might just cut a smidgen off the bars. But this would remove the threads for the factory weights. I'd go with friction fit weights and a better quality end mirror, maybe clamping style. No real harm I think? Or silly to ruin factory bars?

The bike came with new Knight Design lowering pegs in a bag. I think I might like them as my legs are a bit cramped. The end of the shift lever and brake pedal seem to have some adjustment. Wonder if this is enough adjustment to accommodate the lowered pegs?

Bike has a GPR exhaust can. A bit loud, but I might live with it. Exhaust smells very gassy, but I'll give the bike a full tune-up and see if that helps at all. I have some old DB killers I could maybe try to fit. I suspect it's never been remapped. I downloaded the map today and will send it to Beetle to see if it's factory.

I had a Sport 1200 for a season, but always wanted to try a Griso. I'm hoping this engine is very close to the power and feel of the 2v 1200. I suspect it will be, as it's almost the identical engine? It's really a beautiful bike and I'm very pleased to have it in the garage. Here's a few pics:

General Discussion / Guzzi race bike
« Last post by John A on April 28, 2024, 09:26:19 PM »
Itialian beauty https://youtu.be/V6RHaeRWKXY?si=eOMBeo4apvYJHcVp
It’s from last year.
Fixer upper. We were born the same year!  :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/696547425487816

I'd also have to get used to the rear brake and gear shift being on the "wrong" sides!

That's not an Ambassador, but rather a V700. Most Ambassadors and all Eldorados had left foot shift and right foot brake. The shift pattern is "backwards" on footpeg bikes, but can be easily changed to "normal".
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Mwether on April 28, 2024, 08:29:47 PM »
...Seller trying to whip a buyer into a frenzy that isn't there.

I was a little whipped after the test ride, but I never got frothy! :grin:

"Just walk away, Renee..."
The nice thing about older Guzzi's is that you can fit some more modern components on them.  The front-mounted alternator is probably the most difficult issue (in my opinion), but even that has a pretty simple solution to retrofit a Fields type generator.  This one is front and rear discs.
Not much you can do about the weight, though.  They heavy.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on April 28, 2024, 07:06:20 PM »
I think it was Perazzimix who said it, that Nevada is a $1200 bike in VA.  If you can find one.

Deal fell through.....how convenient? Seller trying to whip a buyer into a frenzy that isn't there.
General Discussion / Re: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama
« Last post by keiths on April 28, 2024, 07:02:51 PM »
Tombigbee National Forest sign on the Natchez Trace Parkway.

Next tag is a covered bridge.
Maybe Guzzi Steve would sell one of his v 700 s,right size and surprisingly good brakes and handling,but not cheap.
Yes, I'd sell that one. Looks like just an old bike but very reliable.
Be patient. There will be a new California, probably with a V100 engine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here