Author Topic: parts prices  (Read 3106 times)

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
parts prices
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »
I need a rear wheel seal for my son's 675 Triumph
I ordered it from Triumph @ $16.80 + tax and will wait a week + for it
I can get the same seal on eBay for $1.99 and have it in 2 days
I like to support my local dealer but ......

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
Re: parts prices
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:33:18 PM »

I feel your pain. It's not just a motorcycle thing, either. The local Mom & Pop hardware store here was great, and carried a wide variety of fasteners and actual hardware that is difficult to find at the chain stores. I tried to support them as much as possible, and was prepared to pay a 25-50% premium in order to support a local business. Unfortunately, I found prices were often two or three times the big box store prices for common items. Plus, limited hours meant they were usually closed when I was working on hobby and home improvement projects, so I often wound up buying what I needed at a chain store rather than waiting for the local guys to be open the following day.
The local store is closed now, and I feel bad about that. But no merchant can survive without a business model that is appealing to customers. High prices with limited hours doesn't work when their are alternatives available. And these days, there are lots of alternatives. 
Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here