Author Topic: Travels and adventures of...........  (Read 1132 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Travels and adventures of...........
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
Thanks to the many folks who have taken a chance on my first book 'Beyond the Coffee Shop'.  Never fear, there is another in the works once I've had a chance to get a few more long rides and a couple of disasters under my belt.

In the meantime, if you're looking for something to read, I have also penned a couple of other books:
"Actually I'm English - Rediscovering my homeland on foot and by motorbike"
Forty years is a long time to be away. Travelling on foot and by motorbike, Nick Adams discovers that while many things have changed, the things he loved; the hills, the pubs, the back roads and yes, even the weather, are undiminished. Join Nick as he hikes the length of Wales, hitting all the high spots. Then follow him up the spine of England on the Pennine Way, through brutal February weather. On his third trip, circumstances conspire against him. The original plan was to walk from Chepstow all the way to the Lake District. It didn’t quite work out that way. Lastly, follow Nick across the North York Moors at night, then on across the country to the Cumbria coast. As if the snow, rain and endless miles weren’t enough while hiking, jump on the back of the motorbike and ride from Scotland to Devon via Norfolk, dodging hypothermia, then through the Lakes, the Pennines and Wales. Nick’s idea of a good time seems to involve bad weather, difficult terrain, stealth camping and innumerable pubs. This is one man’s view of a country he loves, told in a simple, engaging style. Come along for the ride.

and

"Archaeology - Life in the Trenches: It ain't all Gold Masks and Crystal Skulls"
"Archaeology is a beguiling occupation. Who wouldn't be attracted to finding cool, old stuff buried in the ground? It appeals to the child in us all. But archaeology isn’t all gold masks, crystal skulls and temples. Often it’s chert flakes on a lake shore, burials in the forgotten corner of a field, or pioneer dwellings in the woods. Sometimes it just isn’t all that glamorous. The reality is that for every well-known archaeologist - the kind you might see doing exciting things on TV - there are legions of less high-profile characters working in the background. Their work may not be quite as sexy or result in paradigm-changing discoveries, but it is important and valuable. The following chapters are snap-shots of archaeology from more than forty years of work in both Britain and Canada. Rather than spending too much time on the scientific and technical, Nick has focussed on stories which convey the life of a working archaeologist ...... well, his working life anyway."
(Currently No. 1 Hot new release in Archaeology)

Available only through Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Nick-Adams/e/B00TQ2GEVW

or for you Facebook addicts, accessible through my writer's page at: https://www.facebook.com/nickadamstravelwriting

Nick

PS.  I'll be continuing to post pics and mini trip reports here.

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Travels and adventures of...........
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »
Good on ya Nick, love your work  :thumb:
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki
If you Ride a Griso, You need Tyres with Gription

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here