Author Topic: April Tn/Ga/NC/ meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC  (Read 5934 times)

bobrebos

The event meet and greet lunch is still a go.  I understand if nobody goes because of the weather.  I and Bubba will still go to eat, rain and cold or not.  Again, I understand if nobody goes.  Stay well!

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: April Tn/Ga/NC/ meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2021, 08:47:26 AM »
Im close, about 35-45 mins so if it's nice I'll ride over. But I agree with the overall sentiment, 48 deg rain isn't gonna draw much of a crowd, better to punt and pick it up in May.
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

bobrebos

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
Im close, about 35-45 mins so if it's nice I'll ride over. But I agree with the overall sentiment, 48 deg rain isn't gonna draw much of a crowd, better to punt and pick it up in May.

I understand.  I will still be riding over from the campground for lunch.  Have a nice day.

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2021, 09:25:52 AM »
I understand.  I will still be riding over from the campground for lunch.  Have a nice day.

If youre still coming rain or shine, Lupe and I will ride down if it's clear. Doubt you'll draw many half-day/all-day riders tho. See ya saturday!
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2021, 09:25:52 AM »

bobrebos

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
If youre still coming rain or shine, Lupe and I will ride down if it's clear. Doubt you'll draw many half-day/all-day riders tho. See ya saturday!

Yep, I still plan on riding to the restaurant for lunch.  Rain be damned.  lol.  Have a great week.

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2021, 05:33:20 PM »
Looks like I'm going to chicken-sh*t out too.  Forecast is calling for an inch of rain all day Saturday.  Plus it's going to be pretty darn cold.  200 miles across the Smokies in a cold rain...that wasn't any fun when I was in my 30's, let alone now.  I know it must be frustrating, Bob, I really do appreciate the effort you go to on these things.  For me at least, next month at Jim Olivers is close enough that I'll drive my truck over if need be.   :rolleyes:

bobrebos

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 05:38:40 PM »
Looks like I'm going to chicken-sh*t out too.  Forecast is calling for an inch of rain all day Saturday.  Plus it's going to be pretty darn cold.  200 miles across the Smokies in a cold rain...that wasn't any fun when I was in my 30's, let alone now.  I know it must be frustrating, Bob, I really do appreciate the effort you go to on these things.  For me at least, next month at Jim Olivers is close enough that I'll drive my truck over if need be.   :rolleyes:

I understand completely Mike.  No problem.  Have a great week.  Bob

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: UPDATE. April Tn/Ga/NC/ etc meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2021, 04:03:49 AM »
I thought the whole beauty of a casual ride-in lunch meet & greet was that you dont have to lock in plans, you dont have to travel all day and camp and commit and pay like a rally where they need firm head counts for meals and tent spaces etc..  Isnt that the point of rotating location where you can drop in, chat, look at the bikes, eat & drink (or not) and then roll home and only commit to a day trip or a half day outing? If I made reservations and paid a rally fee and planned to meet riders there, I would for sure ride in 50deg rain to get there. But it's early in the season, I have all summer of beautiful weather to ride, and I have plenty to do around the house to keep me occupied which all seems better than forcing myself out of the house in drizzling rain with 48deg temps.

If the weather is nice and I feel like it and my wife hasn't devised a scheme to ruin my back and break my knees with physical labor... I'll be there.

If it's raining when I need to leave, or my godson shows up with the catalytic converter we need to install on his car, or I dont get my walkway project completed during the afternoons after work this week, or I just dont feel like it.. I wont.

Hope to see ya'll there!  :bike-037:

If i only lived 30-45 min from the gathering major plans would not have to be made. I for one live 200+ and would have to do the following:
1. advance notice to take time off from work
2. cabin or motel reservations
3. locate a rider partner that is dedicated to go
4. arrangements for someone to check in on my wife (she doesn't leave the house and is on oxygen)

So for me it is not as casual as a 30-45 min ride but more like going to a 1-2 day rally.

Well that is my two cents for what it's worth here.
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

bobrebos

Re: UPDATE. April Tn/Ga/NC/ etc meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2021, 04:28:24 AM »
If i only lived 30-45 min from the gathering major plans would not have to be made. I for one live 200+ and would have to do the following:
1. advance notice to take time off from work
2. cabin or motel reservations
3. locate a rider partner that is dedicated to go
4. arrangements for someone to check in on my wife (she doesn't leave the house and is on oxygen)

So for me it is not as casual as a 30-45 min ride but more like going to a 1-2 day rally.

Well that is my two cents for what it's worth here.

Yes, I try to have these meet and greet lunches in different areas so riders dont have to travel too far, but sometimes traveling, hotels, whatever are needed if you want to go.   And who wants to go if nobody is showing up?  Its a catch 22.

I will continue to have the meet and greets and hope some riders attend.  If not, it still gets me out of the house, on my bike traveling some, and eating a decent meal once in a while because my cooking is atrocious.  My wife cooks, but she is also a bicyclist and is gone a lot so, I need to fend for myself quite often. 

Anyways, its all good.  If people can come to the meet and greets great....if not, its understandable.  Life goes on and its no big deal.  I only ask if you want to go orare planning on going, you let me know.  Thats all.  Have a great week!

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2021, 08:31:58 AM »
The few I've managed to attend have been great.  Of course, the weather is always a coin toss.  The farther away it is, the less likely I am to set off in bad weather.  Close enough, if the weather is lousy, I'd attend on four wheels for the camaraderie and a good meal. 

bobrebos

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2021, 03:40:09 PM »
The few I've managed to attend have been great.  Of course, the weather is always a coin toss.  The farther away it is, the less likely I am to set off in bad weather.  Close enough, if the weather is lousy, I'd attend on four wheels for the camaraderie and a good meal.

:thumb:

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2021, 04:27:11 AM »
I'm out
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
I am officially out- not going. Forecast has not changed much- cold and rain. Too bad as I was looking forward to it.
 Got up this morning and it was 35 degrees F outside and frost on the car windshield. Living this far north, about 40 miles east of Atlanta, has its drawbacks. Will it ever warm up?
  I despise cold weather.

bobrebos

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2021, 02:11:39 PM »
I'm out

Thanks for the update!  Stay well

bobrebos

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2021, 02:12:26 PM »
I am officially out- not going. Forecast has not changed much- cold and rain. Too bad as I was looking forward to it.
 Got up this morning and it was 35 degrees F outside and frost on the car windshield. Living this far north, about 40 miles east of Atlanta, has its drawbacks. Will it ever warm up?
  I despise cold weather.

It will warm up in about a week or two!  Stay well!!

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2021, 04:13:02 AM »
I’m going to pull the plug as well. It’s 283 miles from my house one way, so it would be a miserable ride if rained the whole way.  Since the weather guys usually get the rain percentage wrong, I don’t usually pay attention to the forecast until a day or two out.

Have fun
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

bobrebos

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2021, 04:33:47 AM »
I’m going to pull the plug as well. It’s 283 miles from my house one way, so it would be a miserable ride if rained the whole way.  Since the weather guys usually get the rain percentage wrong, I don’t usually pay attention to the forecast until a day or two out.

Have fun

OK thanks for the update.  Stay well. 

bobrebos

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2021, 07:46:44 AM »
Getting ready to head out in a couple of hours for North Carolina for lunch tomorrow.  Going to be cold and wet!  Oh well.  Stay well everyone!!!

bobrebos

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »
Made it to the campground.  Little chili outside!! 

Offline Twinboy

• New Egg
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2021, 05:53:24 PM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the much at the Smokehouse. I have a memorial service for a fellow rider that passed recently to attend. Enjoy the BBQ!

bobrebos

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the much at the Smokehouse. I have a memorial service for a fellow rider that passed recently to attend. Enjoy the BBQ!

No problem, sorry about the passing of your friend/fellow rider. 

bobrebos

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2021, 06:43:47 AM »
Raining this morning here in North Carolina today (Sylvia, NC).  Weather forecasters were right!  Darn it.  Lol

bobrebos

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 07:25:16 AM »
Is anybody going to the BBQ smokehouse today at 1pm for lunch????

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
Raining this morning here in North Carolina today (Sylvia, NC).  Weather forecasters were right!  Darn it.  Lol

Where is that campground in Silva. Nasty weather down here in GA.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

bobrebos

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2021, 08:32:12 AM »
Moonshine creek campground.  Sylvia, NC.  It’s out in the middle of nowhere out here! 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:33:28 AM by bobrebos »

oldbike54

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2021, 08:35:59 AM »
 'Onya Bob  :bow:

Dusty

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »
It's not just the rain.  It's the rain plus 45 degrees!  Can you say Hypothermia boys and girls?  I knew you could.

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2021, 09:33:53 AM »

I was going to try and make this event today guys and properly introduce myself in person. However everyone maybe take a look at the weather channel first, cold wet 3 hour ride for me. Maybe next time, please reschedule!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:40:24 AM by Ncdan »

bobrebos

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »
We made it.  Rain or shine.  Suit up and show up.  Who cares about cold and rain!!!!!  We made it.  Whoop whoop! 

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2021, 12:50:54 PM »
It had better be the best damn BBQ ever, that's all I got to say! :food:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here