Author Topic: Your new 850 is waiting for you at your local dealer now!  (Read 6892 times)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Your new 850 is waiting for you at your local dealer now!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »
My old 850 is waiting for me to put it back together!
Here, Here!! I went to their Windy City to see my Nephew at work. HD sitting running by front door, sign said sold. I came out 45min later same bike still running by door. Bunch of idiots cept for my nephew. I know they arn't a dealer anymore. I can get anything I want W/O a dealer. I ain't buying nothing new, don't need TC, fly by string. I quit just so I don't work on any of it. I'll be going back to NON DOT COMM if anything.

How come no one compares them to the old 850's, cause they DON'T. Not even my 67 V7.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:24:06 PM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 06:25:30 PM »
Oh, Steve, come on bro, it's not so bad.   And I'm sure they absolutely will compare them to BB 850s, but they just got here, it's gonna take a few months before the shit runs down hill.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
Looks like Cadre Cycle has got there first shipment of 21s in!   I honestly can not recommend them any higher.  In my experiences, I have found Enzo and crew to be fantastic!   And they offer really great pricing, and FREE delivery within 200 miles of Cincinnati!   And I live closer to 300 miles out and Enzo only asked to $100 to cover the extra miles and tip for the driver, how can you beat that?
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 04:35:00 PM »
Great to hear Tommy.  As soon as it comes in I will run over to pick it up.  I will put the two together and set the new one up as I did my first.  I ended up making my rear top case brackets mount 6" forward as I did for you.  Maybe I will see you there again.
How did you do that ?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 04:35:00 PM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 04:38:33 PM »

My 850 is in the garage and runs really nice  :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 07:56:12 PM »
How did you do that ?

Are you referring to the remaking of the rear trunk bracket Huzo?  If so it was based on what you had done initially.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Online Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2021, 07:26:04 AM »
Hey Chad who's our local dealer these days?  I want to go look I just don't want to make a multi-day adventure to go look for a dealership. That said Cincinnati is rather close to the Bourbon Trail.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2021, 07:59:45 AM »
Are you referring to the remaking of the rear trunk bracket Huzo?  If so it was based on what you had done initially.
Yes mate.
Well done, I hope it went ok. Any shots ?

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2021, 09:12:50 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't surprised to see Woodstock Power drop all Piaggio lines, as it seemed weird that St. Charles would drop and they wouldn't, as I believe they are both owned by the group that ownes most of the HD delaers in northern IL.   I'm two hours away from the Edwardsville dealer, though I have never been their.   

I woulnd't fret too much, as I don't see Piaggio, ignoring the nations third largest market.   But if they have any clue they should have a delaer or three just around the corner.   If they don't have something up and running by June, well, then I don't know what I would say.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »
Yes, all went well with Tommy's and I decided to do my own as well.  Not to hijack the thread ....anyone see a Centenario V85TT on the floor here in the USA?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:09:51 PM by Trialsman »
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2024 Stelvio V100

Online tommy2cyl

• Gosling
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 12:55:33 PM »
Trialsman:  Picked up the V 85 yesterday after the cruise control issue resolved.  They had a green 100th anniversary V 7 on the floor.  Looks better in person to me than the pictures.  I asked about your bike and Enzo said it was coming.  No specifics.

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2021, 05:46:24 PM »
Thanks Tommy.  I will get a phone call from Enzo someday when the bike makes it there.  He has no control over when it comes.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 01:20:22 AM »
Got our first shipment today, mostly Aprilias, more tomorrow. Got 3 V7's today, should be V85's tomorrow.
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv

Offline Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 05:16:25 PM »
Got our first shipment today, mostly Aprilias, more tomorrow. Got 3 V7's today, should be V85's tomorrow.

:thumb:
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2021, 03:25:48 PM »
I test rode a black 2021 V7 Stone today at Razee Motorcycles in North Kingstown, RI.  Then I bought it.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Rons

• New Egg
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »
I test rode a black 2021 V7 Stone today at Razee Motorcycles in North Kingstown, RI.  Then I bought it.

Great people at Razee. I got my Griso there.

Offline vntgmx

• New Egg
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2021, 08:27:00 PM »
Picked up a V7 850 anniversary earlier today. They have a black stone & two Specials in stock so first wave should be at your local dealer but I'm sure supply is limited.
First impression is that it turns in nicely and corners really good. The engine feels really good and has a versatile power band. It's peppy and torquey and has plenty of punch for real world riding speeds. Suspension is typical V7 which is to say it's not anything special but it wasn't overly harsh but has limited adjustability with only rear preload adjustment.
Ergos were great for me but the switch gear was a bit of a let down for me as it's like something you find on your typical Japanese bike. I preferred the switch gear that my V9 had which I traded in but it's not a big deal just a personal preference for me. Seat looks great and is nice and comfy and feels fairly wide. We'll see how impressions evolve as I start to put some miles on but all in all I think it's a nice upgrade from my last V7 which was a 2014 vintage.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:43 PM »
Yes, all went well with Tommy's and I decided to do my own as well.  Not to hijack the thread ....anyone see a Centenario V85TT on the floor here in the USA?

Good.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 08:07:52 AM »
I helped uncrate 5 new V7's at Hamlin's in CT last Thursday.  It's wonderful-I rode it a total of about 40 mikes or so.  Worth it, and the blue is simply stunning in the sun. 
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2021, 07:22:05 AM »
The blue looks good in pictures, I was guessing its stunning in person!!  I really need to take a ride down there one day to check them out. Ive been kinda waiting till I needed something, but bikes finely mostly sorted..
Paul B

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
  Enzo only had 2 new bikes  left on the floor, a Yellow V 85 (with a nice pipe) and a V7.  Said he was expecting a shipment of 15 bikes any day now.

He had three, and I thought that was an unlucky odd number and so I bought one.

:bike-037:

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2021, 09:10:22 AM »
Cadre has its supply of 13.  A blue and silver are set up as well as a stone including the 100th green/silver.  They are very classy looking and have small improvements beyond the engine that taken as a whole should add up to a great machine.  To me, the Blue is amazing.  I want it even though I have no use for it.
Blue Guzz

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »
Let me know when you spot my V85TT Centenario.   :popcorn:
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline vntgmx

• New Egg
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2021, 06:58:31 PM »
I helped uncrate 5 new V7's at Hamlin's in CT last Thursday.  It's wonderful-I rode it a total of about 40 mikes or so.  Worth it, and the blue is simply stunning in the sun.

I agree the Blue is awesome in person. It was hard not to pull the trigger on it but in the end the thought of keeping the spoked rims and chrome clean and shiny and looking good swayed me away....I guess I'm getting lazy in my older years lol
Definitely an upgraded ride all the way around

Offline Indypikes

• New Egg
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2021, 12:08:31 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't surprised to see Woodstock Power drop all Piaggio lines, as it seemed weird that St. Charles would drop and they wouldn't, as I believe they are both owned by the group that ownes most of the HD delaers in northern IL.   I'm two hours away from the Edwardsville dealer, though I have never been their.   

I woulnd't fret too much, as I don't see Piaggio, ignoring the nations third largest market.   But if they have any clue they should have a delaer or three just around the corner.   If they don't have something up and running by June, well, then I don't know what I would say.

I contacted Woodstock Powersports in Woodstock, Il today and they confirmed that they dropped Guzzi officially on April 21st. This is a family owned dealer that is not part of the large Harley group (Windy City) that dropped Guzzi last year. So, as it stands now there is no Moto Guzzi dealer in all of Chicagoland....craz y! I was surprised with Woodstock Powersports as they sold a bunch of Guzzis last year and in January of this year said they were excited to get new Guzzis in the spring as they had been very sucessful with selling the brand. So much for that.

When I bought my new Eldorado in the spring of 19' I had three Moto Guzzi dealers within an hour of my location. The closest now would likely be Cincinnati. That's very discouraging to say the least.
Scott in Chicagoland

*2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
*2014 Honda CB1100
*2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
*2001 Triumph Bonneville
*1978 Honda CB400A Hondamatic

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:10 AM »
Scott:  I hope someone picks up the torch up there and starts another Guzzi dealer.  Cincinnati is a long, miserable drive from Chicago and the reverse as well.  The dealer margins must just be too low as we see so many dealers dropping even when they sell them pretty well.  If they were making good money, they would likely keep them.  If the new V7 is a hit, some local may take the plunge.
Blue Guzz

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
Dealers make next to nothing on a bike that lists for under 10K.
If you saw the numbers you'd puke.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2021, 08:42:32 AM »
My buddy stopped in at Woodstock last week to look at the new Guzzis, and we know how that went!   He said the salesman told him that Piaggio was demanding that they carry the entire Vespa line, and they just weren't will to do that.   Why Piaggio would be so thick headed is hard to understand?

I sent an email to Piaggio customer care, about the lack of dealers in Chicago, and received an answer from Leonardo.  I will give them credit, I have reached out three times with questions over the past several months, and each time received a timely response from Leonardo.   To paraphrase, he said they are working on getting new dealers in Chicagoland, and that he would forward my concern to the regional rep.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2021, 07:03:07 AM »
My buddy stopped in at Woodstock last week to look at the new Guzzis, and we know how that went!   He said the salesman told him that Piaggio was demanding that they carry the entire Vespa line, and they just weren't will to do that.   Why Piaggio would be so thick headed is hard to understand?

I sent an email to Piaggio customer care, about the lack of dealers in Chicago, and received an answer from Leonardo.  I will give them credit, I have reached out three times with questions over the past several months, and each time received a timely response from Leonardo.   To paraphrase, he said they are working on getting new dealers in Chicagoland, and that he would forward my concern to the regional rep.

Considering southern northeast Illinois (southern cook, will, grundy) has lost most of it's non-HD or Indian dealers, this will be interesting. Other than Rich's Yamaha in Lockport, everyone else is gone
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »

I don't think they'll find someone for the full boat. Unless that's all you have and you don't have to keep up the stock. Not going to happen with their reputation on dealer relations.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here