Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 504870 times)

oldbike54

Re: How was your' day
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
        Steering head and front wheel bearings are good as are my tyres but my bike still wobbles to the right in a slight left hand bend at 170kph. My guru says to increase the rear preload. Rear damping is already on max. When my neck is better, I'll give it a go. Today is beautiful ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

lucydad

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:37 AM »
Dusty,

We have had five days of bliss vacationing in Sanibel, FL.  Right now I am looking at mother ocean, palm trees and drinking coffee.  The break has done me a lot of therapy.  Fly back today, and half day work Friday.  The V7R will get a few romps this weekend, maybe visit a Cali at MPH.  Thanks for asking, I hope you are well my friend. 

oldbike54

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
Had a headlight wiring issue  dealt with now . Listened to a few spirited discussions about motorcycles among my WG family , interesting and at times contentious , however no one was called stupid , at least not in public . Rained 6 inches locally the last few days , and temps are still cool , maybe we won't see 115 F this summer . OK, rambled enough , thanks for listening .
Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
Went back to work Tuesday after 4 months off. The worst part was the stairs, got my knee aching. Anyway, worked 2 days, then took 2 off  :D for vacation to be with my wife for her eye surgery. Had a sick girl on my hands, but she finally kept some food and drink down.  "Gimpy" and old blind woman; ain't we a team :D 
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

oldbike54

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »
Dusty

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 03:54:01 AM »
           Entertained the grand kids last night and today while their mum is in hospital. Rain held off while we took them to the park where a council gardener cut through a buried water pipe, much to our amusement and his disgust. Kids were intimidated by the black swan which came out of the water to beg for food. A three jumper afternoon here as rain drizzled and the cold in my hands was painful. Americans will laugh: the temp was 53F.
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 04:52:50 AM »
Up early. Had a short ride today.  Worked on the insurance claim for damages at the house from the storms. Worked in the garden trying to get all my planting done. Cultivated my tomatoes and peppers.  Running out of time for planting.  Was planting my corn at 9 pm when called in to work the 10pm-6am shift.   Busy to say the least.  Will be able to get some sleep tomorrow night at 11:00 pm.
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 07:02:25 AM »
This has been a slow slog but I finally got the engine installed and all set up but it is running like shit and I am going to start again with timing and a good cleaning of the carb. Doesn't want to idle or rev very high and it is spitting through the carb on occasion.

Got it running. MSD requires 12 volts to the coil and of course I checked it a couple of times and it has 12 volts at IDLE. Turns out the original wires from 1970 are resistor wires that drop down to 7 volts for the points, which is why it started fine for a second and then pop & fart. And it took over two weeks to figure this out after a five minute call to MSD.  ::)
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

oldbike54

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
Can't breathe , yea , she gets pissy when we do not listen . Damn I don't like pickled herring , but your's sound wonderful . 3500 miles or so to Sitka , if I start walking now , 10 miles a day works out to next April .
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
That would get you here about the time the herring come back.
And after walking to Sitka my appetite would be enormous . Should I bring the beer?
Dusty

kidneb

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
Thanks for the story rodekyll-  very interesting reading indeed.
I grew up with fishing and knife handling myself, and I`d sure like to taste your pickle.
Yeah,- what to say about the California kid - maybe the experience will add to save his life, or maybe he`s just lost.
Good luck with the therapy thing anyway.

oldbike54

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
Is that red or white with pickled herring ?
Dusty

kidneb

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »
Vodka would be better !

lucydad

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
Dusty,

You are so nice to ask, nobody else cares about the old mule.

Well, last Friday a computer virus hit me at work...first time, and I thought it was no big deal.  IT worked on it, thought they had it.

But Nooooooooooooo, it hit again Monday.  The expensive, corporate virus software did not work.  The virus works like this:  you think you have your system fixed, get all happy and productive, then about a half hour later the grenade goes off and back to no user profile, a white screen, and zero response, and call IT that gets more frustrated.  Two IT guys argued about a fix.  Currently the IT dept has my system quarantined and under watch.  I did get a bit of work done today after 2.5 days of utter frustration and futility.  Yesterday I went home at 1:30, got a haircut, ate some frozen yogurt, then took a nap.  Today was better.

My best IT guys says they have seen nothing like this virus, it is very clever, and they have no idea how it got in the door. 

So, my work life has pretty much been hell.

A long weekend is coming, that is very good.

Wifey has been nasty and abrupt, so that is normal I guess, but I am relishing a few hours alone tonight.

Hope you are doing ok.

oldbike54

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »
Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »

Mine?   Very good.   Got a lot done at work, had a meaningful and enlightening off-line discussion with a fellow WG-er, got kicked out of the gym when they closed at 9:00, and walked home under the biggest brightest full moon I've seen in a while.

AND going riding tomorrow with a fellow Guzzisti who is lending me a bike and we're headed up to 10,000 feet where I'm sure I've never been before ....

So tomorrow should be a good one too!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »
Which pass ? Have fun .
Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
Which pass ? Have fun .
Dusty

Not sure.  Going to be surprised.   There's an "Echo Lake" involved, I know that .... I've never ever ridden in the Rocky Mountains and I'm looking forward to it.

Lannis

oldbike54

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »
Not sure.  Going to be surprised.   There's an "Echo Lake" involved, I know that .... I've never ever ridden in the Rocky Mountains and I'm looking forward to it.

Lannis
Aw dude , get ready for a great ride , pics if possible .
Dusty

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 11:59:10 PM »

AND going riding tomorrow with a fellow Guzzisti who is lending me a bike and we're headed up to 10,000 feet where I'm sure I've never been before ....
Lannis

Half your luck,Lannis ;D ;D ;-T
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
        Half your luck,Lannis ;D ;D ;-T

Well, if Luck is belonging to a group like Wild Guzzi and having fantastic people you've never met offer you their motorcycles to ride just because they know you're in town and bikeless, then this is my lucky day!

Lannis   

oldbike54

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
Storming here , so I logged on to my favorite site , WG or thought I had , seems like I really logged on to a different forum , anyone else having this problem ?
 Well there is a break in the weather coming , must go climb on a roof , maybe the view will be clear from a higher vantage point .
Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
Storming here , so I logged on to my favorite site , WG or thought I had , seems like I really logged on to a different forum , anyone else having this problem ?
 Well there is a break in the weather coming , must go climb on a roof , maybe the view will be clear from a higher vantage point .
Dusty

There's a lot of different forums here, time-phased, you can't see all of them until you've been around a few years.

Just like the Midwest weather, if you don't like it, wait a bit and it will radically change .... !  :D

Lannis

oldbike54

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »
Rumbling here , concerned about my friends in the OKC area . Good day though , well except for breaking my beemer , fixed now , no dollars flew away , thankfully. How is everyone in WG land ?
 Dusty

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2013, 01:39:07 AM »
Well, just got home from work, got to be back in 6hrs. Long day working on a rusty Jackal and then 1st service on a 8V Norge. Remapped it and reset TB's which were way out from factory, so far out it moved the TPS to 5.7 and was idling at 1600rpm. Sometimes you just have to move the forbidden magic screw. Running great now, smooth as glass.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:27 AM »
           Got my first possible for this year. Only shot twice this year though 8) ~;
Oz
04 Cali

lucydad

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
Dusty,

You are so kind to ask. The week was great, a big plus is at work an offshore drilling rig has been delayed.  It was going to land in my lap Sept 1st, causing huge stress trying to get a prospect matured, permits, and safety issues corralled.  So, my summer will be reasonable instead of insane.

Wife has been out of town helping youngest daughter move out of dorms, they return this weekend--and I hope for a safe 1000 mile drive for my daughter from Savannah to Houston.

We have major yard work happening as I type:  poorly located and large trees removed (big hurricane threat), stumps grinding, new sprinkler system to keep yard alive, then some landscaping.  All this costs $$$$ of course, but is overdue. Man these guys work hard!

The poodles are needy with my wife gone but will be joyful to have my daughter home.  I hope she finds a job this summer and does not sleep and fritter it away with her BF.

Well, time to call my 92 year old mom.  My older brother has had very difficult physical/mental/emotional issues for months and general family stress is very high.  They both are very needy and fragile right now and I am the foundation.

The V7R will be rolled out shortly, I am geared up and it is time to ride before the heat really kicks in.

Thanks for asking...

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
           Sounds like you really Need a ride, ld. You have to let off steam somehow.
Oz
04 Cali

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here