Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocket box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 06:14:35 PM »
Here is the way I look at it. If you NEED HIGH PRESSURE to STRIP decks and the like, then gas is likely the best option.

If all your doing is cleaning the grunge off the bikes and auto's, then a decent electric should do you fine.

I have an electric, I forget the pressure, 1700 something psi and it cleans the oil grunge off the bikes and 40 year old caked on grease and grime off my '62 F100 running gear very decently. Sometimes wish I had more psi, but then if I had it I would probably like a little less for delicate cleaning.

The HF electric about 1700 something psi might be a decent one to try for the PRICE to see if electric will work for what you need it for. Whatever one your looking at, READ the reviews for it and see how others like it.

Hope this helps a bit,
Tom
Yes, a few years ago I bought 2 cooling (hydration) vests from Revzilla.  One is thin and the other thick to hold more moisture. I soak them, wring them out, stick one in a zip lock bag and the other I wear under my leather jacket. I leave the leather jacket zipper half way open. Keeps me cool in in the humid south central PA. When the first on dries out after about 45 minutes, I switch and wear the other one. Works for me.
I didnt know Stihl makes electric power washers. Their biggest electric unit the "100" series seems pretty nice at a $300. price.  A bit more pressure would be nice, but 2000 psi isnt bad.
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: Recommendations for a first enduro bike?
« Last post by kballowe on Today at 05:21:32 PM »
Knobbies on a Can-AM Spyder - or their shaft-drive little brother, the Ryker.
I am very happy with my 120VAC plug in washer.  No more gas, oil or difficult starting in spring.

Oh, also it's really quiet
Gas.

And bring it inside when the temps are going to be below freezing.
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 05:06:58 PM »
I'll be 79 in a couple months, and still kick start my 56 Harly KHK, my 73 Triumph 750 Tiger and my 58 Ariel Square 4.  I like to rib the new macho HD pirates by telling them, "Real men kick start their Harley's" then kick mine to life and drive away.  It's amazing how many riders have never kick started a bike in there lives. I also keep all my kick start bikes in good tune otherwise they can be a real pain.

Hats off to you, still kicking at 79!.  From one KHK owner to another.

General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by Tom on Today at 05:06:03 PM »
I'm not advocating use or no use of a helmet.  It's how the accidents are reported to the public in general.  The misconception is that a helmet will protect you 100% of the time.  Hard to do that when cars run over you or you're stupid and exceed your skill level.  Stupidity from the rider rules that out. 
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here