General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1965 Benelli / Motobi 200 Sprite

<< < (19/24) > >>

Canuck750:
Some parcels showed up this week, being at home for a week after surgery is starting to get old. I packed up my parcels and drove to my shop to have a present opening!

I got a very nice 22 mm Dellorto carb ( the 24 will go on my Aermacchi 250)

A new chain, a rear brake light switch, a NOS speedo and some rubber grommets for the ignition wiring passing through the crank case

I also received a whole bunch of NOS parts for a 1968 Aermacchi 250 short stroke motor I am rebuilding, con rod and pin kit, oversized piston and rings, valve guides, gaskets and so on. The parts availability for the 60’s Aermacchi Harley Davidson’s is pretty good! 

By the time I dropped the Aermacchi parts off to the machine shop for a crank rebuild, cylinder hone and guides I was pretty much worn out.

kballowe:
It's amazing to me that any of these parts are still available !

I'm guessing that you need to be a good detective.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: kballowe on March 09, 2023, 03:58:57 AM ---It's amazing to me that any of these parts are still available !

I'm guessing that you need to be a good detective.

--- End quote ---

I like the searching for parts and researching the history of these old bikes

Installed the speedo today.

Fitted a new chain

[/url

Santo Di Motociclio sent me this real nice NOS wire grommet, it’s real deep to fit through the case casting

[url=https://postimg.cc/FYnTyRVq]

I welded up a bracket to hold the rear brake light switch

Works like a charm

Moved some wires around to get the chime lever to be clear of the high tension led

kballowe:
Great pictures. 

Thanks

:bike-037:

Canuck750:
The day finally arrived to try and fire up the Benelli Sprite 200, installed a new spark plug, set the points and timing, I filled the crankcase with 2 litres of Castrol 20/40, attached the fuel bottle to the carb. After a couple kicks it started and briefly ran. After that it would not catch, it was close but it was kicking back a bit and only trying to start on full throttle. Spark is bright, kicking it without a battery as it does have magneto ignition. I have the air screw set to the recommended 1 full turn out from bottom. Turning the screw out richens the mixture.

I checked the timing again and its still spot on so I cant figure out why the kicking back feel. It seems to be flooding, perhaps I don't have the carb set up right. None the less it did start so that is positive, I will give it another go tomorrow.

Any ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version