Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 02:58:10 AM »
Ok.
The bike has run fine for an extended period, so there is no ongoing concern. The endoscope idea would have been great had you attempted to check for fragments pre ride, but looks like you have dodged disaster.
You’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last.
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Error on Today at 12:10:41 AM »

Well this is a bit annoying.

No mayo under the valve covers. But tonight I decided to drain the oil. I wanted to see first how much was actually still in the pan, and second if there was a bunch of frothy mess in there.

First I drained the front plug, about 1 liter came out, so already off to a not great start. Pulled the rear plug and the mayo poured out. Some in globs.

All in all only about 1.3 liters of fluid was drained. Which means about 300ml disappeared in 1000kms. I’m less than thrilled. Bike really doesn't seem to be burning oil out the pipes, but it’s going somewhere. I’d admit the bike was cold when I drained the oil, but I don’t think that will make up the missing fluid.

So now I’ll be getting a new oil pan gasket, dropping the pan, cleaning it all out and starting again to see if it comes back. While my rides aren’t super long, (usually 30-45 min) I’m still surprised I’m running into this.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 24, 2024, 10:57:44 PM »
Thanks for the info Antietam!  I owned a police Eldo for a few years and it had the all-rubber ones. I guess I'll just keep checking eBay and maybe try out the BMW ones.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Gliderjohn on April 24, 2024, 10:30:28 PM »
I have been using a pressure washer on my T-3 for over 30 years now with no bad results. Just keep the wand away from the sensitive parts. Otherwise I have a washer with a Honda motor. It can sit for a year with the old gas in the tank and will start on the second pull.
GliderJohn
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by n3303j on April 24, 2024, 09:54:58 PM »
I guess my question is whether the T3 floor board lower rails, with the large bracket for the police-style side stand, need a different exhaust header than a non-FB bike? [SNIP]

Accidentally purchased an 850T "H" pipe for my 850T3 FB. The pipe for the T is too wide at the entrance and forces the LH header into the sidestand mount as you mentioned. So I guess the answer is that a floorboard bike needs a narrower "H" pipe than one with rails.
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 24, 2024, 09:49:23 PM »
I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.

I've never seen a V700, Ambo or Eldo with that rubber guide from the factory. Every one I've seen has had the metal loop with grommet inside.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 24, 2024, 09:38:19 PM »
Thanks alot Guys for all the advice and recomendations. I think a mid sized electric will work fine for what I need it for.  I am leaning towards the stihl electric. I rarely power wash my bikes. about the only part of the bikes that I clean with the pressure is the tire sidewalls when they get brown and grungy, and underside of the engine after an oil change. I rarely use it on the Guzzis, its mostly quads we use off road that get cleaned with the power washer. I make sure never to point it at bearings and any other parts where dirt can get pushed past seals.
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by John A on April 24, 2024, 09:10:30 PM »
No need to ground the plug. Turned over fine. No sign of the broken piece. I’m guessing it passed through the exhaust already. Seems to turn over fine. Gina complete the valve check and go from there. I held the pen in my hand to prevent this but it did. I tried doing this gingerly but here I am.

I’m glad it’s a small plastic piece but wish it hadn’t occurred. There’s no way it’s still in there now.

The reason to  the plug is because if there is no place for the electricity to go, it can damage the ecu. You got lucky.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 24, 2024, 09:03:14 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.

I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 24, 2024, 08:47:59 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here