Author Topic: Spotting a Guzzi in Italy (via the Czech Republic)  (Read 272 times)

Offline LeRoy

• Gaggle Hero
Spotting a Guzzi in Italy (via the Czech Republic)
« on: May 30, 2023, 03:54:44 AM »
We have been touring in Italy for the past week (in a bus, not on a bike) and I’ve been on the lookout for a Guzzi, any Guzzi. Conventional wisdom suggested that the big block models would be few and far between. Until yesterday that had been our experience. And then it happened. As we walked among the fields of lava near the peak of a still smoldering Mt. Etna I heard, then saw, something familiar.
In a group of bikes rolling slowly past I spotted a red Mille 1000. The group was looking for parking and I caught up as they dismounted. Without any Italian language skill I tried my best to introduce myself to the Guzzi rider. It turns out that conversational Italian wasn’t necessary. Jaroslav and his bike were from the Czech Republic and his English was quite good.
We chatted, compared our mutual Guzzi models (the need to have several seems universal), and discussed parts, reliability, easy repairability and all things Guzzi. My parting photo shows Jaroslav and his Mille. I wasn’t able to make it a selfie, but the picture is still a nice addition to the story.
Jaroslav was not familiar with WildGuzzi but perhaps we have a member from the Czech Republic who may be able to connect the dots and pass along a greeting.
The world is a great place when a Yank can travel to the island of Sicily in Italy and bump into Czech and discuss Guzzi!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:55:33 AM by LeRoy »
LeRoy (Bob Sharp)
Rochester, MI  U.S.A.
'86 LM 1000 (since new in '86)
'79 V1000 G5 (as of '08 and since sold)
'76 V1000 Convert (since Nov. 09)
'83 1000SP (as of Oct. 15)

Online moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Spotting a Guzzi in Italy (via the Czech Republic)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 08:38:02 PM »
 I've just returned from a vacation to Italy , and although I saw numerous Guzzis' , the owners were always absent :( !
Never got a chance to speak to any of them . However, BMW boxer adventure bikes outnumbered them at least 10 to 1 !

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Spotting a Guzzi in Italy (via the Czech Republic)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 05:20:51 PM »
Thanks for the story and Pic, LeRoy.. and yes the world is a great place when you can talk Guzzis.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here