General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Eldorado and the quest to ride a Moto Guzzi for the first time.

<< < (120/120)

Scout63:
Such a beautiful Commando Les, and with a Fullauto head any many secret mods no less.

LesP:
 :laugh:
I just removed that pic being off topic.
Yes it has many modifications but retains its Mk2a exterior as close as possible.

I did change the exhaust to a non balanced header and rear mount plates as the originals had the lower muffler kick up due to the more Interstate like rear mount angle to suit the original black cap mufflers.

LesP:
I let my fingers do the walking and not only found out there are inserts for cutting internal grooves (that fit your internal threading tool) but found a comprehensive stocked Ma & Pa type store only 45 minutes away.

1mm wide x 0.5mm deep groove for the 1mm OD wire snap ring.

New holes needed to feed the compression shim body.

Drill and ream to 6mm, because you can.

Ball burr over using a countersink.

Done.

The CBR 600 ? F4 has a similar 20mm cartridge and has a rebound adjuster (needle rod bleed) with clicker at the top cap.
The CBR rebound cartridge and upper parts could be used with this VFR lower but we wouldn't want to get carried away.

LesP:
The forks are done now and there seems to be a vast difference which is not surprising, they look stock externally but now have 118mm of travel.

Dave Swanson:

--- Quote from: LesP on November 06, 2021, 03:56:23 PM ---The forks are done now and there seems to be a vast difference which is not surprising, they look stock externally but now have 118mm of travel.

--- End quote ---

Very cool Les!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version