Author Topic: Canadians, do you have a source for online parts?  (Read 780 times)

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
Canadians, do you have a source for online parts?
« on: April 27, 2021, 02:04:26 PM »
Looks like the local guzzi dealer here in Calgary is reluctant to even stock basic parts like oil filters and expect you to order and wait for 6 weeks.

I know AF1 racing has a great website, lots of selection and will ship to Canada. However, are there any online Canadian based stores that stock Guzzi V7 parts that you are aware of? I did quite a bit of google searching and came up with nothing of use.

Thanks
James

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Canadians, do you have a source for online parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 03:20:18 PM »
     If you're talking about Blackstock sp? in Calgary, that shocks me, they have an impressive image online.

I've heard that Euro Mechannica in Vaughan sp? (Toronto) will ship the odd thing, but they're not really set up for mail order and I have no experience with them.

I usually make it simple and order through MGCycle (Wisconsin?), the secret to getting it as timely & cheaply as possible is to ensure it gets shipped US Parcel Post. so it gets delivered to your door or local post office, and you shouldn't get held up for customs & brokerage fees.

If needed, there is a customs tariff exemption number, you can quote upon ordering, for any parts required for a bike over 25 or 30 yrs old.
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 03:46:54 PM »
     If you're talking about Blackstock sp? in Calgary, that shocks me, they have an impressive image online.

I've heard that Euro Mechannica in Vaughan sp? (Toronto) will ship the odd thing, but they're not really set up for mail order and I have no experience with them.

I usually make it simple and order through MGCycle (Wisconsin?), the secret to getting it as timely & cheaply as possible is to ensure it gets shipped US Parcel Post. so it gets delivered to your door or local post office, and you shouldn't get held up for customs & brokerage fees.

If needed, there is a customs tariff exemption number, you can quote upon ordering, for any parts required for a bike over 25 or 30 yrs old.

Blackfoot is a great dealer, but they gave up the Guzzi line (and all other Piagio products) last year when they got Ducati. A smaller place has picked them up and while it's nice to have a dealer in the city with 3-4 bikes on the showroom floor and access to factory parts,  they are still new to parts, service etc and don't seem to want to carry any items in stock and everything has to be ordered. There also appears to be a 4-6 week wait time which is fine in the winter but not great during riding season.

Af1 seems like a decent option. I'll check out MGCycle as well.  I would like to try and order from within Canada if possible but that might not be an option .

Offline BobtheBuilder

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »
corsa meccanica - toronto. Type the Guzzi part number into search

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
Thanks James and Bob, Blackfoot and Corsa Meccanica, I stand corrected on all counts,   :laugh:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 07:02:59 PM »
Harper’s and MG Cycle in my experience. Finding a dealer of any brand that stocks even maintenance items is rare. I can’t even get common gaskets, carb kits etc for a KLR 650 from a dealer in Edmonton but they will gladly order them for me, for more money and a longer delivery time than Fortnine.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Offline berniebee

• 2020 Board Donor
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »

I'm in Ottawa. In late March, I placed an order with MG Cycle on a Thursday, they shipped the next day via USPS. It arrived at my local post office exactly four weeks later.  :shocked:
And crap, at the time MG didn't have my fork seals in stock. It's $40 minimum to ship to Canada, so my $4 fork seals are going to be expensive. Still, MG Cycle is probably the best supplier out there for Canadians, especially for older Guzzi's.

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »
I'm in Ottawa. In late March, I placed an order with MG Cycle on a Thursday, they shipped the next day via USPS. It arrived at my local post office exactly four weeks later.  :shocked:
And crap, at the time MG didn't have my fork seals in stock. It's $40 minimum to ship to Canada, so my $4 fork seals are going to be expensive. Still, MG Cycle is probably the best supplier out there for Canadians, especially for older Guzzi's.

The four week thing is prolly because of -.  Anything I have ordered from MG usually arrived within two weeks - I live in Almonte.  For your fork seals, perhaps seals from another bike might fit?  It's worth a trip to the Bad Time Centre - or General Bearing?

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 10:21:47 PM »

4 weeks is definitely due to cv19, all shipping and transport methods are overwhelmed and understaffed.

For generic stuff like bearings and seals, local suppliers like General Bearing Service are good, the last set of guzzi fork seals I bought were a very high quality SKF kit from Amazon.ca.

fwiw ymmv
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:59:31 AM »
      4 weeks is definitely due to cv19, all shipping and transport methods are overwhelmed and understaffed.

For generic stuff like bearings and seals, local suppliers like General Bearing Service are good, the last set of guzzi fork seals I bought were a very high quality SKF kit from Amazon.ca.

fwiw ymmv
Yup.  Parts arrive to Canada customs in just a few days and then they sit for almost a month - not good. 

I deal with Corsa Meccanica and they are good guys.  Usually have the basics in stock which is good for such a small shop.  Otherwise, I will go with MG Cycle and AF1.  Pre-pandemic, i would ship everything to CBI in Niagara Falls, NY, and do a border run sometime during the winter.  It's usually worth the drive.  For tires, just go with Fortnine and they come to your door with free shipping.

Offline Yan

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 03:13:04 PM »
I usually deal with AF1, although last month I placed an order for some throttle cables and other small stuff with Stein Dinse, and that arrived within 4 days. Shipping was not cheap though.
2007 Griso 1100

Offline Don G

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 04:28:11 PM »
I use Teo Lammers or Stein Dinse, sometimes I find that the price may be better than suppliers south of the border or they have what others dont. Usually if ordering from Europe it is best to buy a multitude of items because the shipping is a flat rate charge, MG Cycle or Harpers are a good go to source as well, also what may be on E-bay.   DonG

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 04:34:44 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies. Some good options here that I'll take a look at this weekend as I'm still sorting out what parts I need to procure.

Offline Cdn850T5NT

• Cdn850T5NT
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 08:22:42 PM »
Great info and help, folks!
1985 Eurospec 850 T5 NT (Nuovo Tipo - New Type... i.e. Series III)

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »
AF1 and if you want stuff quick TLM.......... 4 days for those guys.
I'm thinkin they have their own jet.    :laugh:

Ciao

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 06:14:31 AM »
WRT Corsa Mechanica - George is good folks - enthusiastic and knowledgible about Guzzis - but he's a bit of a snake oil salesman.

IMHO

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 08:32:04 PM »
Nice to hear the positive feedback re TLM & Stein Dinse; has anyone ever tried "gutsibits" or any others?

Iirc Charlie from ACC speaks very highly of an exhaust company in Britain, that makes SS exhaust systems for older? guzzis.

I've always shied away from dealing with Europe for parts, but with Brexit etc our Canadian dollar isn't as weak as it used to be against the Euro, we're still taking a sh*t kicking against the US$ lol.

I did a big exhaust deal with Mistral in Mandello, just before cv19 that worked out very favorably, compared to what it would have been with MGcycle. I was expecting it to take forever on a slow boat, but they must have hitched a ride on TLM's jet, it was here very quickly  :thumb:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 08:59:15 PM »
I have also had some good experiences with HMB in Germany as well as TLM. The CDN dollar to the Euro exchange often results in cheaper prices from Europe than the USA.
If you ever need parts for the GUZZI singles in 250 or 500cc and even the smaller bikes i highly recommend Retro in Italy, close to the Mandello factory and he speaks English.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 05:55:04 AM »
I have had good experiences with MotoMecca in England and also with Reboot - a Guzzi Breaker - for used bits.  I think they're in France.

G
Midnight bugs taste best

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here