General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1967 V700 Corsa-Record

<< < (23/23)

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: Turin on October 26, 2021, 12:29:41 AM ---Oh man do I need to start working on my heap. your bike is going to be amazing!

--- End quote ---

Thanks, man.  I hope so. I've been studying your 850T pics & details, thinking about engine build details when that far away day comes.  Until then, the carnage continues.  Today, another egg was broken and another omelet was made.  Fabrication for the rearsets began.... 

First step was the sawing-

All I have for reference to make these rearsets are a variety of pics from a variety of angles that are just as varied in how much or little usable information they provide.  I would doubt the original bikes used solid bar for the loop, simply because it would have been unnecessary weight.  I've looked at some new steel tubing.  But since I'm cheap and romantic, I figured I already had a perfect piece of factory-approved tubing to try and use.  So the original rear footpeg bracket was carefully trimmed away from the removed loop.

The tube was cleaned, reshaped and shortened.  A pair of new peg brackets were cut and shaped before being welded to the new shortened hoop.  When the pedal and shifter is made, the brackets will be drilled and a sleeve added between them for strength.  Probably will add some support connecting the edges of the two bracket pieces after that is done to keep all as strong and aligned as possible.  When it's time to weld everything to the frame, I'll make a pair of steel inserts to replace the dowels holding it together right now for pics.

The remaining original tube and bracket will be put aside and saved, just in case I can recycle it into the project at some point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version