I could try to make a list from memory, not sure if that would help ...
- remove side panels, seat, tank, and I pulled all fairing pieces just to have plenty of room
- remove entire exhaust system
- put rolling jack under sump
- remove all stuff connected to engine
= pull off spark plug caps
= remove wiring to alternator
= remove wires to starter and remove starter
= oil lines to motor can stay
= remove all electrical connections to motor (temp sensor, crank sensor)
= remove hoses to heads
- you can leave all the intake as-is, just undo the 3 bolts on each side to the head. Motor will move forward and away from intake
- lightly jack up jack under sump
- remove lower frame rails
= can remove center stand and foot pegs, makes it easier to move frame rails out of the way but a bit of a pain to get the center stand back on
= or, can leave center stand connected to frame rails, but then frame rails have some tension to them and are a bit of a pain to move out of the way
* And there are plenty of other things going on, like the two horns are attached to the top frame rail bolts so you gotta unplug them and set them aside. And the signal lights are on the front side fairings and you gotta disconnect them. So this is FAR from a complete detailed list.
OK, so frame rails off, all wire/hose connects to motor off
- loosen all the bolts that hold the engine to the transmission. watch how things react, might need to jack up or down on the jack under the sump to relieve pressure.
I used this kind of jack and it worked great:
Then carefully roll engine forward, then lower it to clear everything and you should have this:
Then any normal clutch out/in steps should do.
For me, slow, first time, it took ~10 hrs to pull it all apart. About 2-3 hrs to fix all the leaks and get the new clutch in, and ~10 hrs to get it all back together.
Once done and putting it back together, I had the alternator cover off so I could spin the engine ... so as I tried to mesh the teeth from the clutch to the transmission input hub, I could slowly turn the motor and that helped that to easy enough.