General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Little Green Wing - Aermacchi Ala Verde

<< < (5/17) > >>

cliffrod:
Mine is pretty not pretty, Jim, but the engine is complete with no fin damage. 

Right now it's likely going to be the platform for custom bodywork when the time comes, maybe something along the lines of a Linto 500.  Don't know that it would be feasible for a hack like me to marry a pair of engines together like Millyard (sp?) does to make it really authentic.   Just having a somewhat fitting partner to my Tonti-inspired Corsa Record will be enough for me.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: cliffrod on November 25, 2021, 07:45:12 PM ---
Right now it's likely going to be the platform for custom bodywork when the time comes, maybe something along the lines of a Linto 500.  Don't know that it would be feasible for a hack like me to marry a pair of engines together like Millyard (sp?) does to make it really authentic.   Just having a somewhat fitting partner to my Tonti-inspired Corsa Record will be enough for me.

--- End quote ---

A Linto replica would be very special!

I powder coated the seat frame today, my shop oven is just big enough to take the frame, black powder about to be cured

I fitted the seat, I had to remove the cover and trim down the center upper spring bar and move the outer springs in about 8mm to get a proper fit, it is not perfect, I don't think the frame was actually for an Ala Verde but its close enough

Upon remounting the seat to the chassis I found the rear hump is too tight to the rear fender, I extended the rear center mount bolt, fitted a spacer and then redrilled the seat side lugs to the fender bracket, a couple more holes will need to be welded up in the fender.

I got a 1961 Sprint front hub from Moto Italia, the hub outer surface had some deep nicks and corrosion

I mounted the hub in my lathe and starting with 100 grit dry I spun the hub and used a foam rubber backer with the sandpaper to sand out the nicks, it took about a half hour on the lathe working up to 220, 400 and then 1000 grit wet

I finished off with the bench polisher

Reassembled the brake plate and test fitted the hub and installed the 1961 Sprint front fender

It is starting to look a little more like an Ala Verde

cliffrod:
Yup- very cool. 

Canuck750:
A little progress towards getting the Aermacchi to rest on two wheels, it will need a stand, the original stand bracket was partialy cut off the frame I started with, Harley Davidson offerd the side stand bracket as a separate option to weld to the frame, found this one on Ebay

Zipped the remainder of the old stand off and welded n the new bracket

I removed the mock-up motor to weld the bracket and swapped in the 250cc Sprint engine I had rebuilt a couple years ago

I fitted the repro header and muffler and the heel toe shifter I found on Italan Ebay

side stand and brake linkage cleaned up

I dropped the front wheel I laced up on Saturday, getting a new tire and tube installed and then the little Green QWing can be rolled into a corner

Canuck750:
On two wheels (and a side stand), the little Green Wing moves to the backburner now to make way for other projects

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version