General Category > General Discussion

Stelvio

(1/2) > >>

Attackpug:
Has anyone put a hitch and pulled a trailer with a Stelvio?

Silver Goose:
I have given the idea some thought and sketched up a possible design. May look closer as the winter sets in and travel is on the back burner.

I will post it, if I build it.

Good Luck

Wayne Orwig:
I use an EV for my towing duty. My wife would prefer that I use the Stelvio it is so much more comfortable. But then if you read the thread on the broken CARC, and the weight limit.......

I did see a trailer hitch on a Norge this summer. It was two 'pipes' attached on each side of the seat. Then a bolt on giant U piece went into those pipes and the U bent down behind the rear tire. Nice and clean, and you could remove that rear piece. But the bolt was WAY too high off the ground, which was a problem. I should have gotten a photo. I believe he said he got the bike at Moto International, and they help find/install the hitch.

Cage Free:

--- Quote from: Attackpug on November 21, 2015, 08:34:55 AM ---Has anyone put a hitch and pulled a trailer with a Stelvio?
[/quote

You wouldn't happen to ride a K75 with a trailer?
--- End quote ---

Silver Goose:
Wayne, I am not to concerned about the drive shaft housing breaking, due to the low weight at the hitch point.
My wife pulls a Time Out trailer, loaded, and the hitch weight is around 30 Lbs. I fully realize the weight is place more to the rear, but I feel that the weight is within bounds of the frame. The concerns I have are more along the lines of being able to remove the rear wheel if the need presents it's self.

My last trip the luggage and load weight came in at 108 lbs, along with my weight I was still within the safe load rate.

Some may be concerned about the extended breaking distance. Again the Time Out trailers are outfitted with electric brakes. Using an electric brake control, it is controllable.

As far as the CARC breaking, I think the photo that was shown on the forum needs to be fully vetted. Many Gold Wings pull trailers and they have single sided swing arms.

Just my two cents. Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version