Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093342 times)

alatamoc

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1530 on: December 24, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
Good Evening and happy Christmas Eve from Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England.
My name is Al Griffin and I've been a long time Guzzi fan .....currently running a 1997 California 1100i...as an antidote to my HD softail custom.( My Beloved is a Harley fan....my plan is to wean her off these and then sell the thing... so far its going well . With luck I' ll then add a Cali Vintage to the fleet )
I'm 62 and a semi retired psychotherapist, now with a small private practice after a lifetime with a children's charity here in UK...
Always been a biker these last 40 or so years and ride about  10 k miles a year.
Thought it was about time I registered here as its just about the best resource I've come across in years.
Cheers

Al

Online inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1531 on: December 25, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
Minister
57 years young
Kansas City Area USA

inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

bikenut65

New here from New Smyrna Beach FL
« Reply #1532 on: December 26, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »
Hi there guys. I live in New Smyrna Beach Florida and do not own a Moto Guzzi, yet! I have a Triumph Bonneville T100, Suzuki dl650 v-strom, BMW R60/5...
I am looking at a 2007 Breva 1100 from a dealer in Sanford, with about 21k miles on it. Cold startup was a little struggle, the LCD display does not come on. Overall the Breva looks good and when I pilled the clutch, clattering noises, but when looking this up online I see this is a common thing with the dry clutch. Price is just under $5k.
I would like to set a bike like this up for travelling trips. It has no top or side cases. I did no go and look for it but when I saw it was drawn to it!
What do you guys think?

Thistlewillow

« Reply #1533 on: December 26, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »
Thistlewillow
Currently: Philosopher & Teacher of Philosophy (two very different things), Write and Author (2 very different things).
Previously: Singer (OHW), Orchestral musician
Young wife. No children. 1 Dog, 2 cats.
Living the dream. Always have.
Flourishing!
Thank you to all those that have gone before to establish this sight.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:24:33 PM by Thistlewillow »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1533 on: December 26, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »

Impulsive_Duc

« Reply #1534 on: December 29, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »
Hi! I go by Impulsive_Duc, aged a little over the hill. I am a tinkerer and freelance engineering consultant in sunny California.
Although I am a trained Mechanical Engineer, lately I find myself doing a lot of programming!

I help out a few open-source projects (both software and hardware) and do Ducati work as a bit of a hobby on the side.
I dropped by to say hello to our Guzzi brothers who are making all the wonderful tools we get to play with!

Hopefully I can contribute something back to you all, and learn from the wisdom of the veretans here.  ;-T
Edit: I am also a nasty revisionist. ;) If a post isn't revised at least 3 times, it wasn't me!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:39:32 AM by Impulsive_Duc »

the beast

« Reply #1535 on: January 04, 2015, 10:35:28 AM »
Hm...the beast is a referention to my once to be finished project so dont worry...i'm a nice guy  :P
due to a not so good health a project of many years but one day it will be ready !
48 now
3 bikes...project one....daily driver went project  two and a norge 1200 2008.

Hope to enjoy myself here :)

sl0rider

« Reply #1536 on: January 06, 2015, 11:17:34 PM »
Hi, my name's Paul, and I'm from Adelaide in South Australia.

I currently ride a Suzuki gsx750f which is getting up there in kilometres and when anything major goes wrong with it next, won't be worth fixing. That will be my excuse to buy a new (well, different, anyway) bike, and so the long process of planning and dreaming has been in stream for some time. The Suzi doesn't really suit me, and I have convinced myself that I would really love a Guzzi. Given the funds, a V7 Stone would be in the driveway tomorrow. Given reality, I think a 750 Breva is likely to be the replacement for my Suzuki and my introduction to Moto Guzzi ownership.

I'm 42, have a wife and three kids, a small business, and use my bike for commuting plus work travel plus fun plus general stress relief. I look forward to joining in a few discussions rather than the lurking I've been doing for quite a while - not that I'll have much knowledge to contribute!

Cheers! ;-T

Offline redhawk47

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Traveler
« Reply #1537 on: January 07, 2015, 12:11:45 AM »
RedHawk 47 - Bought a Stelvio in June and put 8000 miles on it - so far.
67, Berthoud, Colorado
Retired mechanical/manufacturing engineer and small business owner - Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Services
Having fun as an Artist Blacksmith and riding motorcycles.
2013 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2009 BMW F800GS - for sale
1999 Kawasaki KLR 650
1983 Kawasaki KL250 bought this fall with 3005 miles, clean
Dan
2021 V85TT Centenario, 2016 V7II Stone, CSC TT250, Gone:KLR, CSC RX3,

Online Rebochi

• Hatchling
« Reply #1538 on: January 07, 2015, 08:03:08 AM »
   Hi,
Rebochi
59 Y/O
Marine Engineer and part time Electrican
Married
Lives in Tucson
Current Guzzis. 1100 Griso and a 1200 Sport
1200 GS
1200 Sport
1100 Griso
2003 Rosso Corsa
Ducati Multistrada
Indian FTR 1200

Online inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1539 on: January 07, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »
Hey Rebochi,

Interested in your editorial over the differences between the Griso and the 1200.

Pics are always welcome and so are you.

inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

theinvisiblecity

« Reply #1540 on: January 07, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »
Hello,

Michael, 38, Cleveland Ohio. I work in audio for live music touring, and wrench on bikes when I'm not on the road. Bikes include 3 BSA A65's, a Hinckley Triumph, lots of random parts, and recently came into possession of a friends '73 MG Eldorado. Wife, no kids, no pets, only bikes.

btommy3

« Reply #1541 on: January 08, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »
hello!
my name is bacal tommy, i live in israel , i'm an orthopedic surgeon, 52 years old, married with 4 children.
i purchased a 2015 california touring and am about to receive it by the end of the month and so, become a member of the guzzi society.
hope to learn and contribute to the forum. :bike
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:25:05 AM by btommy3 »

Dropout

« Reply #1542 on: January 11, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »
Hi all. Jeff here from upstate New York.
62 years old and work for Habitat for Humanity as a construction site manager.
I have owned many bikes but the one I regret selling the most was my Lemans 3.
Many bikes later I just bought a 2004 cafe sport which will look nice next to my BMW r1100rsl.
I am enjoying this site and being a guzzista once again.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #1543 on: January 11, 2015, 11:03:15 PM »
Retired mechanical/manufacturing engineer and small business owner - Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Services

Maybe put an approximate location in your profile when you get a minute.  If you're near me, I might be able to use your water jet cutting service.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

stickwelder

« Reply #1544 on: January 12, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »
Hello, I'm Tom age 60 from Grants Pass, Oregon. Currently I own a 1969 Moto Guzzi and 1972. This would be the 4th Guzzi I've owned since my very first one (Loop) in 1995. I don't believe I will ever buy anything else. I don't ride much as the bikes I find always need work. But it's what I like about them. Simple and easy to work on.  Presently, I'm doing a clutch on the 1972. But the rear transmission/engine mounting bolt is really stuck. Won't move, spin, turn, or budge. Maybe that job deserves it own post.  Anyway... Hello.

Offline JWG102

• New Egg
« Reply #1545 on: January 13, 2015, 06:11:54 PM »
Hi Folks, My name is James. I live in So. Cal. a recent transplant from 21 years in NYC. I'm in the market for a V7Sport. I thought I had one, but the deal soured. i've been wanting one since the first time I saw and heard one. I've had bikes previously. A Honda and Suzuki. I joined the forum to learn. Thank you.

Neck

« Reply #1546 on: January 16, 2015, 06:26:26 AM »
Ronald Westerduin
Goes
County Zeeland
The Netherlands

I am a dredger  ::)

I am busy to buy a Guzzi  :o
The bikes i ride now:well lets say,they are german made.......

Neck

« Reply #1547 on: January 16, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »
Ronald Westerduin
Goes
County Zeeland
The Netherlands

I am a dredger

My bikes are German made..... ::) But don,t worry,I am busy to buy a Guzzi

BBoh21

« Reply #1548 on: January 16, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm Brandon, 24 years old. I live in Des Moines, IA. Don't have a Moto Guzzi to call my own yet, but I'm looking to get my hands on a V7 Stone here in the coming months. Thought I'd join the forum and soak up all the information I can before I dive in! Any other Central Iowans around here?

Offline Joe R

• New Egg
« Reply #1549 on: January 20, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »
Hi Guzzisti, I'm Joe, retired in Illinois on the cold Wisconsin border.
I am probably one of the older participants at 74 years old.
The plus is that I've bought many of the Guzzis new or almost new and kept them.
1954 and '58 Falcones, two '73 Eldorado, one with a Watsonian sidecar  (for when my legs go bad)
1973 V-7 Sport, '74 Eldorado and a 1400 California Custom. All licensed and ready to ride.
My wife is also a rider. Nice to live with someone who understands!

Online inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1550 on: January 20, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »
ditto what he said!
inditx

This is the day.....

RogerGuzzi

« Reply #1551 on: January 20, 2015, 07:18:11 PM »
Hello all!

Roger here. I just today bought a 1977 Moto Guzzi V1000 Convert. My second ever bike back in the early 80s was a Moto Guzzi Spada Royale, so it's a big thrill for me to have another Guzzi, especially a big V-twin 1000!

The Convert runs well, with 20K miles on the clock, but is in need of some cosmetic TLC, so I am planning on doing a partial restoration, maybe a few mods as well.

I am freelance writer, a year or two north of 50 and live in Raleigh NC.

Aussie Paul

« Reply #1552 on: January 22, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Paul from Lawrence KS U.S.A originally from Sydney Australia 42 years. Profession, Carpenter.
I used to ride vintage Husqvarnas and a BMW R65 back home. Now that I am here in the U.S I have a '75 Moto Guzzi T3 that is a rolling restoration and I just recommissioned a '73 Honda CB350F for my wife.
I have always loved the early Tonti frame Guzzi's and it is great to have the opportunity to ride one here in the U.S. Also great to be a part of this international group.

Online inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1553 on: January 22, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
Welcome All!

Hey Aussie Paul, I'm just 30 miles east of you.
Give a wave when buzzing down K10.

inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

zombiehifi

« Reply #1554 on: January 22, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »
First post here. Restoring my first Guzzi.

Stephen, 42 and retired but have a shop that I powder coat motorcycle parts for the custom shops and dealers. I'm in Montgomery Alabama.

gade247

« Reply #1555 on: January 23, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
Hello!! The name is Tim I am a welder im 28 (29 in feb) and live in Pembroke New Hampshire, USA. I just only two days ago bought my first guzzi!! I picked up a 08 Breva 750. I WANT a griso 1200 but the breva was hard to pass up with only 1300 miles on the clock. Ill use this as a intro to guzzi while I stay on the hunt for a griso.

Tim P

Wacholek

« Reply #1556 on: January 23, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »
Hallo everyone!!
My name is Chris and I live in Poland.
I've recently bought a second hand Stelvio 4V.
At the first I was looking for an interesting forum about the ECU tunning (since I'm an electronics engineer), however after a wile I decided to share some concerns about some parts of my MG.
Best regards!!!
P.S. Please forgive me my bad English.

gade247

« Reply #1557 on: January 24, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
   Hi,
Rebochi
59 Y/O
Marine Engineer and part time Electrican
teMarried
Lives in Tucson
Current Guzzis. 1100 Griso and a 1200 Sport

How can you compare the griso vs the sport? I am a conservative rider not one for going fast? I have ridden a griso 1200 and tye power was more then id need for a long while. Which do YOU think is a more comfortable ride?

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1558 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »

How can you compare the griso vs the sport? I am a conservative rider not one for going fast? I have ridden a griso 1200 and tye power was more then id need for a long while. Which do YOU think is a more comfortable ride?

Tim,

Think that there may be several threads here on that general subject.  Searching will find them.

[Edited to add: You might consider posting your question as a separate thread, as not everyone sees substantive questions posted in the intro section.]

The short version from someone who has a Norge (very similar to the U.S. 1200 Sport) and a Griso is that they are very different beats, each with its own charm.

While I have been very surprised at how decent the Griso can be as a multi-day tourer (have done several), there is not, IMO, any comparison in comfort: the 1200 Sport (and Breva 1100 and Norge) gets the roses.  YMMV, but I suspect not.

Wait a minute; you aren't even 30 yet and probably don't even take Motrin on rides.  What difference does it make?   ;D

Seriously, when the bazillion -- OK, a few hundred -- Guzzis get to Swanzey in June, you can, if a dealer shows, probably get in a demo, at least on a Griso or Norge.  If not, take my Norge for a spin.  In a hurry?  Visit us at the top of Virginia and demo both, with a ride on the inimitable HDM EV thrown in as a bonus.  :D

Bill

P.S.  The Breva 750 is a fine mount, and I wish I had something like it for some of the tight little paved cowpaths around us.  I rode mojohand's several years ago for a few miles in central Virginia and pronounced it mighty fine.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:35:47 AM by Bill Hagan »

Offline papatom

• New Egg
« Reply #1559 on: January 25, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
HI I'm Tom.  I live in Carthage. MO.  I run equipment for the local county road system.  I've been a lifelong dirtbiker but the knees are now pretty much shot.  .I'm 53 years old and have never owned a Guzzi but I have always wanted one.  So I am here to gain some info before I take the plunge.  Current bikes are a 71 Honda CL 350, a 71 Maico 400, an 82 Yamaha IT250, and my sons DR125.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here