Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033559 times)

Gary

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2006, 05:23:24 PM »
Gary Tilson - Atlanta

Semi Retired Architect - Now have a Kitchen & Bath showroom - design & sell fine cabinetry

Wife: Married 36 years (to the same person) with 2 grown gainfully employed college graduates - yeehaw

Hobbies: Hedonism - like fine wine, cooking (& eating), traveling, riding, hiking, boating

First bike: '62 HD Sportster acquired wrecked for a significant discount. The owner didn't need it anymore.

Now: '03 Cali Special Sport

Soon: Norge

Offline mphcycles

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2006, 06:50:49 PM »

You know they have meetings for that kind of sickness.... :o
Hell  Jeff's almost well. The new baby may just cure him.
I'm Mike Haven,corner office guy at MPH cycles in Houston.
Lived in Houston since 1976. Been getting hands in or on motorised machinery ever since.
Started on a Honda SL90, that i rented all summer from a buddy ,then bought my first bike from Atlas cycles just before we moved here from Tulsa, a CB 350 K2. Had plans to travel and conquer the world on that big road warrior. Instead mostly just cruising around the
outlying farmlands, wasting gas and polluting the air. A summer job at a motorcycle shop may have had some influence on my lack of development. A few Hondas later I went to work at a Honda car dealership where the money was much better in the late 70's.
Then off to the Porsche dealer for a time. Then a Ferrari shop. Ended up opening my own little repair shop 1983 , just temporarily till I could find a decent job. Still havent found one. BMW K100rs seemed like the right bike for a guy who fixes BMW cars all day.
It was , but it lacked someting. A Norton Commando provided that something. Involvement!
But those Guzzis I saw back at Atlas made a lasting impression on my addled 16 year old mind. I never knew anyone who owned one, but when Harpers had those 1987 LM4 SE  for a very reasonable price I figured why not? Super Bowl weekend I drove up to the Harper farm and picked up a bike in a box, that I had never seen, never heard run, with no warranty of any kind. All the way home I was looking at this big box in the back of my truck thinking"what the hell is wrong with me?"
Thats is open to debate, but I still have and ride that bike regularly.
Met my bride Kim at the Guzzi national in 1992. ( tip, girls you meet at rallies are generally bike friendly)
Todd and I started MPH cycles in 2000 as a trial to see if we could get anywhere in the bike business. All the staff rode already, why not?
a Bike loving  wife allows me to gather up an assortment of bikes that I always wanted.
The Lemans SE was my first Guzzi.
   2x V7 Sports     
        Lemans1
        Lemans 3
      Daytona RS
     Laverda SFC
American Eagle 750 s
    Duc Gt 750
    Duc GT 500
Norton Fastback Combat 750
 Benelli 250
 Benelli 350
MZ Ts 150
MZ ts 250
Mz RT125
BMW r90s
BMW r 75/'5
BMW r26
BMW r 50
BMW r 60/2 x2
BMW R1100 gs
Krauser MKM 1000
KTM rxc 400
Honda xr 500r
honda xl125
honda XR75
Honda trx 400
plus a bunch more I cant think of right now
Yes these are all personal bikes not shop stock.
Jeff you got some work to do!
Hobbies are riding, music, blues and folksy singer song writers,  playing with guns, playing farmer/homesite developer,searching for the perfect india pale ale,learning as much as I can about motor vehicle technology.

Mike Haven
MPH Cycles
16510 Park Row
Houston, Texas 77084
832 557 7214
www.mphcycles.com
 (Please just email me ,  I dont PM)

Offline johnk

• New Egg
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »
John Koester

43 years old

Happily married 10 years

Senior modeler at Tippett Studios where we do VFX work for movies and commercials.

I've been a daily rider since I started in '82. Bought my first Guzzi (V50 monza racebike) in 86. Can't seem to get enough time to go riding much beyond commuting these days. That really stinks.

johnk
John Koester
2002 V11 Scura, 1982 V50 'Monza', 82 BMW R65LS, 1992 DR350S, 1971 CB350

Will Creedon

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »
when Harpers had those 1987 LM4 SE  for a very reasonable price I figured why not? Super Bowl weekend I drove up to the Harper farm and picked up a bike in a box, that I had never seen, never heard run, with no warranty of any kind. All the way home I was looking at this big box in the back of my truck thinking"what the hell is wrong with me?"

$5000 out the door was what Pro Italia wanted for one...    <edit - Or was it $3000?>   I almost bit, but was too broke at that time - just out of college.   What corrosion damage?   I couldn't see any.

Ciao,

Will

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:11:26 PM by Will Creedon »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »

Offline motoduck

• Gosling
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »
Geez Mike...those are all current bikes?  I resist new temptations on an almost weekly basis.  It is painfull but I really don't have enough room or time until I finish some of the bikes I have now.   My wife is eyeing my 74 BMW 2002 like she wants it gone which kinda concerns me (of course...I could park 4 bikes where the car is).  I had alot more a few years ago and then decided that I would sell off most of it and just focus on vintage Moto Guzzi's.  That worked for a while until another Ducati single came along and the first exception was made.  Now I've got scooters and all kinds of stuff sneaking in to the garage.  Oh well...still cheaper than a therapist!
Jeff
Jeff Bottrell
Metro Detroit Area

73 Eldo with Steib sidecar
2 V7 Sports (ex Racebikes)
78 Lemans
78 Lemans AHRMA Superbike
Lots of other non MG bikes that don't matter here

If at first you don't succeed, lower your expectations.

Offline Jake

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2006, 09:38:16 PM »
Hi - Jon Fouts
Granville, Ohio

Been riding since 1975 - Jap bikes, then a BMW, then Jap - now have found MG
restored an 850T - great bike

Married, 2 kids - daughter about ready for her first ride

Work in mental health and hospice - play some guitar - make some wine - ride some horses

Been reading this site/board since I got into Guzzi 4 years ago - finally decided to join
thanks for all the tips over the past couple of years.

Granville, Ohio
1975 850-T
1977 R750/7

Zerhackermann

« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2006, 09:39:54 PM »

The Lemans SE was my first Guzzi.
   2x V7 Sports     
        Lemans1
        Lemans 3
      Daytona RS
     Laverda SFC
American Eagle 750 s
    Duc Gt 750
    Duc GT 500
Norton Fastback Combat 750
 Benelli 250
 Benelli 350
MZ Ts 150
MZ ts 250
Mz RT125
BMW r90s
BMW r 75/'5
BMW r26
BMW r 50
BMW r 60/2 x2
BMW R1100 gs
Krauser MKM 1000
KTM rxc 400
Honda xr 500r
honda xl125
honda XR75
Honda trx 400
plus a bunch more I cant think of right now

You win.

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2006, 10:07:12 PM »

Hobbies are . . .searching for the perfect india pale ale . . .

Shi-ite, Mike, you shoulda told me. Seattle's IPA City. Diamond Knot is the insider's choice, but you coulda tried about 25 different IPAs on tap over at the Beveridge Pub, in Steak's 'hood, which is now holding its "Hoptoberfest."

JPea

« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
My wife is eyeing my 74 BMW 2002 like she wants it gone which kinda concerns me (of course...I could park 4 bikes where the car is).

I let my '74 go a few years ago and still cry myself to sleep at night.

Offline mphcycles

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2006, 10:32:54 AM »

Hobbies are . . .searching for the perfect india pale ale . . .

Shi-ite, Mike, you shoulda told me. Seattle's IPA City. Diamond Knot is the insider's choice, but you coulda tried about 25 different IPAs on tap over at the Beveridge Pub, in Steak's 'hood, which is now holding its "Hoptoberfest."
Well, I wasnt comfortable enough with your bike to suggest a beer testing expedition. Especially at the speed required to keep you in sight. And the hotel had a decent selection, the Alaska amber ale was tested extensively the night before, perhaps too extensively...
After I left your place Saturday I pretty much had hit the wall and went for an early evening. Next time, we go !
Mike Haven
MPH Cycles
16510 Park Row
Houston, Texas 77084
832 557 7214
www.mphcycles.com
 (Please just email me ,  I dont PM)

Offline Stephen

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »
Hi
Stephen Colao
Early 40s
Dallas Texas
Aircraft Maintenance Tech nician for Major Airline

Hobbies: Motorcycles, All Things Italian, including cooking, music, cooking, Bocce Ball, eating what I cooked. Calabria, where my family originated.

What goes good with Garlic?.....Everything

Past MC: Home built Triumph 650 chopper, 1986 Sportster, 1987 Electra Glide.

Current MC: 2003 Aluminum Guzzi, 1971 Ammbasador (project)

Stephen
Carrollton Texas
Christian Motorcyclists Association
2021 V7 Anniversary
2003 Aluminum
1971 Ambassador

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2006, 10:16:02 PM »
It's been a few years since I did this and the results were interesting then...

Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location.

Okay, here I figuratively stand in front of all of you and confess.
  I am Sasquatch Jim and I am a cyclaholic.
   It is true, I have abused my own dear bank account many times for the sake of just one more bike, that I really did'nt need and could'nt afford. I have gone without food for periods of time to satisfy this powerfull addiction.
 I have sold other more practical vehicles to unscrupulous buyers to obtain money to front to purveyers of two wheeled satisfaction.
 Whenever I think that I have finally obtained the ultimate high in motorcycle ownership, along comes something more responsive, or lighter, or faster, or just neater.
 I am a life long slave to this addiction, There is no hope for redemption whatsoever.

Sasquatch Jim
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Zerhackermann

« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2006, 10:17:45 PM »
It's been a few years since I did this and the results were interesting then...

Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location.

Okay, here I figuratively stand in front of all of you and confess.
  I am Sasquatch Jim and I am a cyclaholic.
   It is true, I have abused my own dear bank account many times for the sake of just one more bike, that I really did'nt need and could'nt afford. I have gone without food for periods of time to satisfy this powerfull addiction.
 I have sold other more practical vehicles to unscrupulous buyers to obtain money to front to purveyers of two wheeled satisfaction.
 Whenever I think that I have finally obtained the ultimate high in motorcycle ownership, along comes something more responsive, or lighter, or faster, or just neater.
 I am a life long slave to this addiction, There is no hope for redemption whatsoever.

Sasquatch Jim

And you can actually get something resembling music to come out of an accordion. A herculean feat, as far as i am concerned

Offline motowfo

• Hatchling
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2006, 06:38:54 AM »
Hello Guzzists!

I'm Rick Mathis

19...er... (okay, really 55)

Nashville, TN area

I get to play on computers for a living!!

I purchased my first Guzzi in 2000 ... a brand new LeMans!  It was a great bike but... we never seemed to gel so away it went...

Next thing I knew I had to have another Guzzi so... into the stable crept a really nice 59 Falcone (see avatar)...

Then a funny thing happened... Another Guzzi, a 73 Police Bike showed up and let me take it apart, put it back together and even let me ride it up to the Kentucky rally this fall!! 

I have also been in heat over a Centauro (East of the Mississippi) which I have subsequently purchased and brought into the now crowded garage.... what a bike!!

I do occasionally play or other brands of Italian bikes and have even closed a blind eye to the fact that my KTM is Austrian (Wasn't that Italians and Germans getting together??  ::)  ) (Flame off, please)...

I am married to my lovely high school sweetheart and both of our two children and grown and gone!! 

This is a great forum and I look forward to some great info, discussions, and the occasional bit of humor/bs that this board promotes!!!

PAX on III

Offline gary martin

• Gaggle Hero
  • My train of thought runs on a short track.
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2006, 06:46:16 AM »
Hello Guzzists!

I'm Rick Mathis

19...er... (okay, really 55)

Nashville, TN area

welcome to the monkey house, Rick!  do you know any of them nashville cats? ;D
04 Guzzi evT, 11 Suzuki V Strom, 84 Honda CT110, 70 BMW R50/5

guzzilady

« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2006, 08:23:04 AM »
Hey all, I'm Matt from North Dakota and this is my first post!

I'm 42 and live a couple miles from Canada (Manitoba) and a couple miles from Minnesota.

Welcome Matt! I thought I would introduce myself since I'm probably the closest Guzzi rider to you. Are you in Pembina?
Eric and I live in Moorhead, MN. Not too many Guzzis in this part of the country.  :D
We make it up your way a couple of times a year, but only on the way to Winnipeg. Being Canadian, Eric needs his fix of Tim Hortons coffee.  ;D

Offline motowfo

• Hatchling
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2006, 03:23:56 PM »

welcome to the monkey house, Rick!  do you know any of them nashville cats? ;D

Hey... I are one..!!  You mean folks like Andy and Docc?  (Never heard of 'em!!)
PAX on III

N2-UK

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2006, 03:51:06 PM »
Hi,

I'm Nigel and I'm an al.....  oops, sorry, wrong forum

er, I'm Nigel  & I ride a '99 Cali Special in perfect pearl white. And it's loaded with extras.

I also own a Honda Deauville (pronounced Dullsville by those jealous of the bike's ability to do all sorts of stuff rather than just ride out & back on a Sunday).
My wife of 27 years, Kate,  rides a Honda Varadero 125 & my 18 year old son, Adam rides a Shadow 125 although both of them have promised to get their full licenses this autumn.

They'd better, next time we go back to Spain I don't want to be carrying pillion.

I carry out safety inspections on lifts (elevators), escalators & anything else that lifts (and some stuff that won't ). Been doing it for over 27 years.

I'm an ex-GB National Squad Air Pistol & Free Pistol shooter although I now generally spend my time coaching Olympic pistol/rifle disciplines rather than competing.

I also like fly-fishing, diving, snorkelling & mountain boarding & similar stuff that prevents me from growing up any more than I have to.

So why do I also have an interest in early Romano British history? I dunno, but I do.

I'm hoping & praying now that there's a merger/takeover on the offing that'll get me the redundancy terms I want to spend more time doing all of the above.

Work really gets in the way of living, doesn't it?

Nigel

Tom Hansen

« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2006, 05:26:33 PM »
Tom Hansen

Retired HS Principal.  24 years on the line.  51 years working at one job or another. Sure as hell not a "newbie"!  Lurk mostly, don't have much to say but really get a kick out of the rest of you.

Carlsbad, NM

Jackaldriver

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2006, 06:09:33 PM »
Hi All,

Chris Byars

Civil Engineer

2000 Jackal is my first bike.  Just learned to ride in April 2006

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2006, 07:50:55 PM »
Hi All,

Chris Byars

Civil Engineer

2000 Jackal is my first bike.  Just learned to ride in April 2006

Great way to get started; on a Moto Guzzi.  Way to go!   :)
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

mipiacevino

« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »
Dan Landolfi
Here in the sunniest, most beautiful, hot, humid, sticky Florida

Ciao

Offline Aldo

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Ton-Up"
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »
Aldo

Married to a very Italian wife, I have a daughter (4 yrs old) and a dog...
I move around a bit, but now in the UK...
My passion for vintage and classic Italian motorcycles came from my father, also a Guzzi owner and on this forum...

Not to new to the forum nor new to Guzzi's, see some of my bikes below:

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8361.0
'19 RE Interceptor, 98' Cali EV, 95 Duc 900SS
GONE: '72 Eldo,'75 Convert,'04 Thruxton,'89 Guzzi Cafe,'99 Duc 900SS,'79 Guzzi 1000 'SP'ort,'14 Harley '48','12 V7 Stone,'72 Benelli 650S,'82 Guzzi 1000SP,'72 N. Falcone,'75 T3 850,'00 V11S,'78LeMans 1,'89 LeMans,'76 Morini 350S,'89 Duc 750S,'01 Kaw W650

Offline Bob Wegman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »
Bob Wegman,  55, Rochester, NY
Retired from Rochester Fire Dept. 32.5 yrs
Married 28 yrs to my wife, whom is way too good for me.
Two daughters 27 and 26, both living in NYC.
Hobbies; Motorcycles,  Especially Guzzis, Going to rallys, meeting new friends. Hunting ( although I must be a lousy shot),
Airplanes.
Thinking about going back to school for some updated motorcycle and auto training. 
02 EV1100, 2010 V7 Classic, 80 Yamaha 650, 80 Yamaha SR500, 77 Yamaha XS650, 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, 66 Ducati 250 Monza(apart)
MGNOC # 20848
AMA# 548668

jsciullo

« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2006, 03:20:44 PM »
Hey All-
Jim Sciullo (45 act like Im 2 - ask my wife)

Dublin,OH (former Pittsburgher - Go Steelers)

Two teenagers, married 20 years.  Live in America's most boring city.

If you like your roads straight - no hills and lots of corn... this is your place.

2000- V11 Sport (she's killin me)
2002 - Cal Spec Sport (best bike I've ever owned)
2005 - BMW L1200LT (the wife bike)

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2006, 04:19:44 PM »
Hey all, I'm Matt from North Dakota and this is my first post!

I'm 42 and live a couple miles from Canada (Manitoba) and a couple miles from Minnesota.

Welcome Matt! I thought I would introduce myself since I'm probably the closest Guzzi rider to you. Are you in Pembina?
Eric and I live in Moorhead, MN. Not too many Guzzis in this part of the country.  :D
We make it up your way a couple of times a year, but only on the way to Winnipeg. Being Canadian, Eric needs his fix of Tim Hortons coffee.  ;D

I've been to Canada quite a few times - Sault Ste. Marie, Sudburry, Parry Sound and a few others along the way.  Gotta have my Tim Hortons coffee when I'm on the Canadian side of the border. 
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

egn6

« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2006, 07:12:50 AM »
Ernie Nappi
61, Italian/Hunky blend
South Park, PA (a little south of Pittsburgh)
Small Office Equipment Business Owner
Married 1st-17 years, 2nd-15 years
Wife-Cathy (will not ride in a sidecar...yeeesh!)
7 year old female Bichon, Sammie-loves motorcycles
Motto:  Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline jim mac

• Gosling
  • TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG www.guzzriders.org
« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2006, 06:27:38 AM »
Hi,

Jim from Edinburgh in Scotland  (53) - some of the best biking roads in UK
Married with 4 kids, 21,19 , 8,6   -  don't belive your wife when she says she wants a last kid before she gets to old - it turns into two !!
Manager for a copyright organisation
own a Convert - greatest bike ever produced by Guzzi !  and a Cali 1100i that is bleeding me dry by one small fault at a time - currnetly is in dismantled state to change the gear shift return spring
Hobbies include earning enough money to keep my kids out of state schools - that doesn't leave enough time for anything else

I ride my bike(s) all year round to work etc - only ice keeps me off the road
I am always amazed when I see how many of you guys own 3 or more bikes, and how cheap they are compared to UK where everything is a rip off - petrol is currently $9.00 a gallon. 

Offline motoscotto

• Hatchling
« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2006, 08:59:20 AM »
Hi eveyone,
Scott Orville
Lake Nebagamon, Wi
Married
52 yrs old
2 children
2 grandchildren
Hobbies are  motorcycles, archery, hunting, tounament pool, something to do in the winter.
1999 Black Bassa
1987 Heritage Softail
2000 Zohgshen 125GY
1982 Honda 200 ATC
1996 1100 Sport RED
1987 Blue&Cream Heritage Softail
1983 Honda CB 1000
12013 Artic Cat Red 500 ATV
1980 Suzuki GS 550 (1)
1974 Honda CL 360
1977 Honda CJ 360 T

mikebui

« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2006, 02:07:14 PM »
Hello Guzzists,

I'm Mike Bui
Born in Saigon, Vietnam in 1964 now resigned in Katy, TX
Married
2 boy’s 7 and 10 yrs old and 1 dog.
I get to play on computers for a living!
Now back into riding after 25 yrs off the saddle.

Hobbies include the family, motorcycles, photography, music, martial art, downhill skiing, golf, camping, cooking and love to travel all over the world.

PEACE ON EARTH; GOODWILL TO ALL. TIS THE SEASON. MAY THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS BLESS EVERYONE THROUGHOUT THE LANDS. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. ;)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here