Author Topic: Wear Your Colors!  (Read 1025 times)

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Wear Your Colors!
« on: May 10, 2021, 12:11:35 PM »
During the Cedar Vale event, we drove down to Pawnee, OK to attend a vintage tractor and steam event.  Very nice and very large.   While standing at a working display, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "nice shirt".  I was wearing a day-glo Moto Guzzi shirt from Harpers.  I turned around to see a young chap who was also wearing a Moto Guzzi  T-shirt.  What are the odds?  We chatted for awhile.   I asked if he was attending the rally and he'd never heard of it.  He was from Norman, OK and riding a Stelvio.  So, he hopes to attend next year.  I gave him my card so we could stay in touch.  He noticed my address in Fremont, CA and said that he was born and raised in Fremont.  We chatted a bit more about the city and determined that he grew up about two miles from my house.  He left when the city was 100K.  Now it is about 275K.

If anyone meets or knows a young Stelvio rider in Norman, OK, please say hi from me and ensure that he attends Cedar Vale next year.  I don't have his data but  he  has mine.

Patrick  Hayes
Fremont CA

PS:  On that stroke of luck I went back to the rally and bought more raffle tickets.  Still didn't win.  :-(

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Wear Your Colors!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 07:27:50 PM »
How did he end up in Norman???  Curious on my end.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 09:54:05 PM »
Don't know him.  Best to direct him to the WG board.

you know these two?

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »
Wearing my buckle today picking my granddaughter up from school when a mother came by and said my husband rides a Moto Guzzi! She was running by so I didn't have a chance to find out more.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 10:32:08 PM »
Wearing my buckle today picking my granddaughter up from school when a mother came by and said my husband rides a Moto Guzzi! She was running by so I didn't have a chance to find out more.

I would hope you would know if your husband rides a Guzzi Dharma. Those sorts of things should be discussed before marriage. Finding it out from a stranger at school is even worse.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 10:40:03 PM »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »
Guess I should a put quotes around her words, huh. :violent1:

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »
I was just being silly. I hope I didn’t offend.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
No offense taken, I picked up on the humor right off the bat.

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »
 Rode the Bassa to Aldis yesterday morning , nice fella walks over and says he loves it . We shook hands and exchanged some pleasantries , turns out he is currently riding a V-4 Yamaha cruiser , but has been spending some time at the new Guzzi dealer ion Tulsa , he had his eye on a 1400 Eldorado . Hopefully tomorrow morning it isn't raining , we are planning on meeting there . We did exchange numbers , and I showed him how to join us here .

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here