Author Topic: New Harley Bronx  (Read 8629 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New Harley Bronx
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »
Looks Harley is cutting back on some it's promised models, perhaps the Bronx being one. 

You could see the writing on the wall a year ago. The old CEO developed all these new bikes but rather than take these to market, he was replaced. That just never works. Anyone could guess that the new CEO would never deliver the other guy's baby.

https://youtu.be/uIxtbV2eggk

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »
If I leaned in that direction a low mileage VRSCR Street Rod would fit the bill.  $5K or less for one in NC.  9K miles.  Awesome engine, handles well and brakes well.  Would be better than my Buell S3 Thunderbold.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2020, 05:14:10 PM »
I don't lean in any Harley direction.  But I had a feeling that changing CEOs during the introduction of new bikes didn't make sense.   

The guy doesn't say the Bronx is dead but "iffy" and thinks the Adv bike is a go. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Beowulf

• Gosling
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »
Yeah i was reading the bronx is probably a no go. Disappointing i think it would been a real home run. Harley is confusing in their approach. I think the bronx had a better chance than the pan america. Was rooting for both. Love my roadster though i will eventually rejoin the Guzzi fold.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »
I think the new CEO's approach will be a disaster.  He wants to make fewer and fewer bikes, so Harley can charge full MSRP for them.  That's right, make more of the same, only fewer, and charge more for them!  He seems to think he can turn HD into Ferrari!  One of the main reasons Harley sales are in the tank now is they've simply gotten way too expensive for the average income (and even above average income) rider.  Add in the "aging out' of the baby-boomer ridership and you have the problem Harley Davidson finds itself in. 

Every ex-Harley ride I know says the same thing, the bikes have gotten too heavy for them. Harley needs to put some R&D into cutting the weight off their touring bikes, so old farts like me can extend their riding years.  Set a goal of cutting 100 lbs off their bloated 900+ lbs full dressers.  Use whatever exotic carbon fiber, magnesium, aluminum and (dare I say it) plastic that's needed.  Don't see how it could cost any more that their $30,000 and up CVO's cost now.  Call them "Electra-Lites" or "Ultra-Lites," but just get the weight down.  900+ lbs. with a tank of gas...Jesus!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2020, 11:06:46 AM »
It doesn't bode well when a company ditches the CEO for another in the middle of a product launch.  Harley has certainly burned through a lot of cash with defunct VRod, Buell, MV, the little bikes, and now this new line. 
John L 

elvisboy77

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2020, 11:47:05 AM »
I want to like this.But at the price i feel an aprilia Tuono offers so much more. Or i mean you could buy a nice Ducati monster. Anyone of which would make mince meat of this.  I think harley is way overpriced on this one. Specially considering the kz900rs. Thoughts?

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-bronx/

Kinda Low in the torque range, 70 ft lb.  That 60 degree V will sound just like a Honda Shadow.  I wonder if the Bronx model will steal itself LOL.  Sounds like a last gasp for HD, sad to see.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here