Author Topic: Alright guys  (Read 5769 times)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Alright guys
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2021, 07:10:12 PM »

It was a peculiar choice of a word??Maybe I should be impressed., I guess. I haven't seen the word in years. So since I don't do google and my only reference is a 4" thick Webster's, date of 1946, I had to look it up.

Says you have your choice adjective or noun. No doubt you have picked wisely.

:-)
That's pretty up to date.  :wink: I was a precocious child, had read everything in the house, and my aunt gave me a set of encyclopedias published in the 20s.  :smiley: What little I know and even less that I remember came from there.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2021, 07:14:09 PM »

It was a peculiar choice of a word??Maybe I should be impressed., I guess. I haven't seen the word in years. So since I don't do google and my only reference is a 4" thick Webster's, date of 1946, I had to look it up.

Says you have your choice adjective or noun. No doubt you have picked wisely.

Actually you’re correct.
It says here that the context in which I used the word is a noun.

“A myriad of reasons” is using the term as a noun. Not a proper noun, but a noun none the less...

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
That's pretty up to date.  :wink: I was a precocious child, had read everything in the house, and my aunt gave me a set of encyclopedias published in the 20s.  :smiley: What little I know and even less that I remember came from there.

Ha!
Where I grew up in W TX that's all we had was the big dictionaries' and a twice a week visit to the library in town (A lot of dirt road to get there).
In those days even isolated we all knew everything that was going on. The problem now is with the internet we have all the info in the world at a touch of a few keys but we don't have a clue about what's going on...

Go Figure.

'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »
This has gone a long way afield...  but everyone attributing it to 'humor doesnt translate to text' is wrong.

This was not a misunderstanding, red vs. blue mixed signals, a typo, or a misconstrued bad joke.

A member here felt it was OK to drop racist epithets into their post. Some people spoke up to say that's not right. Some said 'it's not a big deal/people used to say it all the time'.  Some said take your PC nonsense and stick it up your ass.

Argument ensued. Thread got nuked.

It's over now and the thread is gone. But I certainly remember who is who, and I'm sure others formed their own opinions about everyone who replied, no matter what position they staked out--- in the very brief time the discussion was up.

The mods were right to shitcan the thread, too bad it went on long enough to put a bad taste in some people's mouths, but it did.

That's why there is no Church, Money, Guns, or Politics on this board.

I would be nice if you could laugh it off as just a misunderstanding or difference of opinion, but that wasn't the case in this situation.
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here