Author Topic: anybody going to Italian Motorcycle Weekend at Suches, Ga June 26th??  (Read 2349 times)

bobrebos

Re: anybody going to Italian Motorcycle Weekend at Suches, Ga June 26th??
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 10:01:53 PM »
Nobody on his death bed ever wished he had one more day to cut grass!

:thumb:Oh

bobrebos

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 10:33:15 PM »
Got home from work today.  Told my wife that I needed to pack my V85TT for the weekend.  She says yea, I think your motorcycle is leaking oil, but it doesn't look that bad. What??  So I go to the garage and sure enough there is oil on the floor.  I started into a profanity laced diatribe since my V7 is currently being repaired for a rear drive leak.

After my rage subsided, I took the skid plate off and found the filter bolt was loose. 

I tightened the bolt and cleaned up the oil.  I took it for a 10 mile ride and didn't find any fresh oil.  I topped it off with oil and all appears good.  It currently has 3500 miles on it and the dealer did the 900 mile service.  Not sure if the dealer didn't tighten it enough or if it worked loose.  So after an exciting afternoon, I'm still on for the weekend.

I got it figured out!  Your wife doesn’t want you leaving this weekend and loosened the bolt to make you think there was a more serious problem causing you to stay home!  That’s what really happened!!!

Offline bodine99

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 07:42:48 AM »
Be safe all and have big fun!! This weekend also is the Brits in the Blueridge. In Hiawassee at the big campground on Hwy-76
Cool lunch spot in Dawsonville at the Pool-Hall and the Georgia Motorsports Hall of Fame right around the corner.
CJ & I will be at TWO July 9th weekend for the Triumph weekend. :thumb: :thumb:

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »
Kind of last minute but ...

I'm getting ready to leave for Suches now !   Should be there about late afternoon , I'll try to find ya'll before setting up camp camping .   :grin:
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2021, 12:10:05 PM »
In case anyone wants to know- there is gas at the store in Suches by the campground. 90 octane non ethanol. They close at 8pm.
A couple weeks ago they had no gas.

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2021, 07:23:06 PM »

Great turn-out of Italian steeds.
Left this morning, me on GRiSO, pal Steve on Aprilia 2Stroke. 270 mile day.
 Cool Bimota with Duc engine (Db7) and other exotica..
Also made it to the Brit bike rally in Hiawassee,Ga. Vincent's and Velocette's running around. Great day though the highlight was coming around a corner on a mountain road and getting eye to eye with an adult black bear.
I blinked first, then crapped my pants.. A day to remember!!!

find duplicate strings
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »
I had a good time and met some nice guys too.    Enjoyed the campfire till close to midnight and the breakfast cook got my eggs done just right for breakfast !    :azn:

Ronnie and me rode up and down Blood Mountain twice and I still made it home without getting wet !!  I'd call that a good trip !!!  :thumb:   

How about you other guys , did that dark cloud I was dodging make its way to Suches ?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 10:13:24 PM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
I had a good time and met some nice guys too.    Enjoyed the campfire till close to midnight and the breakfast cook got my eggs done just right for breakfast !    :azn:

Ronnie and me rode up and down Blood Mountain twice and I still made it home without getting wet !!  I'd call that a good trip !!!  :thumb:   

How about you other guys , did that dark cloud I was dodging make its way to Suches ?

:thumb:

Were the SS bikes hot and heavy on Blood Mountain?  The last time I was there the LEOs were just at either end making sure they didn't speed coming or going, but left them to ride like a race track on the mountain.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2021, 03:54:50 PM »
I had a great time this weekend and met a bunch of people from WG and ADVrider.  I got home around 1PM on Sunday.  Below are a few bikes that I saw over the weekend.

Interesting small bike

I really feel like I need this bike.  The Fasthouse looks great in person.  It did have an obnoxious pipe.

Apparently this is a rare Ducati.  I'm not much on Ducati heritage.

Of all the bikes that came and went this is the only one that cleared the porch and made everyone get up for a closer look.  It's a MV Agusta Rush.  It still had the drive out tag and apparently came with it's own camera man.  A guy with a professional camera was taking pictures of the bike and the rider.  I'm thinking of getting my own camera man to follow me around on my Guzzi.
https://www.mvagusta.com/models/rush

No rain until after midnight.  It was good to see you again.

:thumb:

Were the SS bikes hot and heavy on Blood Mountain?  The last time I was there the LEOs were just at either end making sure they didn't speed coming or going, but left them to ride like a race track on the mountain.

I never saw a LEO on or near Blood Mountain.  There were a lot of cars running the mountain and 3 were in the ditch waiting for a tow truck.  As far as the SS guys, well I was following MMRanch so I only saw them in my mirrors.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 04:48:10 PM by Solorider73 »
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »
I had a great time this weekend and met a bunch of people from WG and ADVrider.  I got home around 1PM on Sunday.  Below are a few bikes that I saw over the weekend.

Interesting small bike

I really feel like I need this bike.  The Fasthouse looks great in person.  It did have an obnoxious pipe.

Apparently this is a rare Ducati.  I'm not much on Ducati heritage.

Of all the bikes that came and went this is the only one that cleared the porch and made everyone get up for a closer look.  It's a MV Agusta Rush.  It still had the drive out tag and apparently came with it's own camera man.  A guy with a professional camera was taking pictures of the bike and the rider.  I'm thinking of getting my own camera man to follow me around on my Guzzi.
https://www.mvagusta.com/models/rush

No rain until after midnight.  It was good to see you again.

I never saw a LEO on or near Blood Mountain.  There were a lot of cars running the mountain and 3 were in the ditch waiting for a tow truck.  As far as the SS guys, well I was following MMRanch so I only saw them in my mirrors.   :thumb:

Fasthouse must be a new model.  I really wanted a Desert Sled.

Just look at the way the side stand tucks on the MV Agusta.  That is details. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here