Author Topic: Anyone have a V7 Stone S / Racer 10th Anniversary with the factory MG Mirrors?  (Read 428 times)

Online mr_pacman

• Hatchling
I just got a set of unused MG factory bar end mirrors that came on the V7 Racer 10th anniversary / Stone S bikes.

I've got all the parts (I checked on the exploded parts diagram).

When I put everything together, the mirror arms are quite tight on the bar end, but you can move them back and forth fairly easily. I can't see how these would tighten down anyfurther as there is no screw to snug them as most of the tension seems to be coming from the bar end.

Does anyone have these mirrors on their bike and are you able to move the arms back and forth?

Online mr_pacman

• Hatchling
Can you put a flat washer in there to take up some slack?

John Henry

That's something that could work. I just wasn't sure if this is how it was supposed to be.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
I just got a set of unused MG factory bar end mirrors that came on the V7 Racer 10th anniversary / Stone S bikes.

I've got all the parts (I checked on the exploded parts diagram).

When I put everything together, the mirror arms are quite tight on the bar end, but you can move them back and forth fairly easily. I can't see how these would tighten down anyfurther as there is no screw to snug them as most of the tension seems to be coming from the bar end.

Does anyone have these mirrors on their bike and are you able to move the arms back and forth?

Are you 100 percent sure the bar end weights on your current bike are the same diameter as the ones that come on the bikes above?  Maybe a really thin strip of metal wrapped around some of the bar end would be what you need. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here