Author Topic: Sport 1100 Bevel box play  (Read 412 times)

Offline corsajim

• New Egg
Sport 1100 Bevel box play
« on: July 14, 2021, 05:47:10 AM »
I'm hoping someone on here can help. Just noticed some side to side play in the bevel box, it moves side to side on the axle, which is tight. There is maybe about 1mm of play, but hopefully you can see by the photos.

1100 Sport Carb
Laverda RGS Corsa

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Sport 1100 Bevel box play
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 06:10:59 AM »
There is a bearing that allows the bevel box to pivot on the axle just behind the washer its kind open to the elements and tends to die periodically. If you grab it top and bottom and apply some torsional force if there is movement its dead. Short term it's not something to panic about although it may case some extra wear on the rear wheel spline as there will be some extra movement. Think I've had it replaced 2-3 times in 100 000miles, there is a way of replacing it without stripping the bevel drive contrary to the workshop manual. Don't know what it is I've paid a person for their expertise.

Offline corsajim

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 06:13:46 AM »
Thanks Murray, will check later for any other movement, It's only done 10,000km, but has sat for some time so possible a bearing has gotten rusty in that time.
1100 Sport Carb
Laverda RGS Corsa

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 06:30:18 AM »
Thanks Murray, will check later for any other movement, It's only done 10,000km, but has sat for some time so possible a bearing has gotten rusty in that time.

Anecdotally it seems to be the elements that get to it more than actual wear.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 06:30:18 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here