Author Topic: V85's over 18,000 miles  (Read 463 times)

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
V85's over 18,000 miles
« on: July 20, 2021, 06:57:57 AM »
Anybody have a V85 that has gone past the 18,000 mile mark without ever going back to the dealer for any type of service?
Reason mine has been running great until the red triangle saying "alarm service" came on Thursday. It went off after restarting but returned the next morning. Usual culprits like oil pressure sensor, battery connections etc. all checked. But, after many re-starts it switched over to the "urgent service" and then went into some kind of disconnect the throttle mode so it can be started but not driven. No, Guzzi dia. can't fix it.
I am now wondering if it's now another one of those things they did to force you into a shop now and then.
Dealer have been closed since it happened and I will make a call this am but for sure it will be a truck trip to take it in. I'm hoping it's as simple as a re-set. 
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

elvisboy77

Re: V85's over 18,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 07:34:43 AM »
Anybody have a V85 that has gone past the 18,000 mile mark without ever going back to the dealer for any type of service?
Reason mine has been running great until the red triangle saying "alarm service" came on Thursday. It went off after restarting but returned the next morning. Usual culprits like oil pressure sensor, battery connections etc. all checked. But, after many re-starts it switched over to the "urgent service" and then went into some kind of disconnect the throttle mode so it can be started but not driven. No, Guzzi dia. can't fix it.
I am now wondering if it's now another one of those things they did to force you into a shop now and then.
Dealer have been closed since it happened and I will make a call this am but for sure it will be a truck trip to take it in. I'm hoping it's as simple as a re-set.

Hopefully it is something simple!  Let us know what you find.  I only have about 4500 miles but so far so good!

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here