Author Topic: To MGNOC, or not to MGNOC, the threadfest  (Read 128688 times)

Offline GUZZIWALT

• New Egg
Re: To MGNOC, or not to MGNOC, the threadfest
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »
was a member for a few years let it drop got busy and never renewed after reading this topic  iwill renew tomorrow

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
I've thought about joining a couple times but haven't.  I'm probably wrong...but my perception is that most of the members are 50+ and own Cali or pre-Cali bikes.  I like all bikes and love wandering around at open houses and multi-make meets looking at bikes and socializing but I'm not really interested in attending a single-make rally.  I'm not sitting here saying to myself, "They should do something for me."  I just don't see the benefit to joining at this time.  I have an open mind about it and could change my opinion if I learned there was something that made it worth my $.   

You're not wrong about the age range.  You're not wrong about the majority of bikes ridden to the events.

However, there are people riding newer bikes and spine frame bikes and small block bikes.

Think of it as a Guzzi-oriented destination, or half-way point, on a weekend ride.  That's what I decided to do.

Although I'm always one of the youngest in attendance, the campouts/rallies are always a great place to end up while out riding one of my Guzzis.

There are a few people who hang around the campground all day, but mostly people will head out on Saturday Mornings and be gone all day riding.  Guzzi gatherings are more about riding than about hanging out and staring at bikes.  I've been on some great lunch rides when attending Guzzi campout rallies.  Last weekend, Carl Allison, Turkey Creek Dave, Marcia and I had a great little twisty backroads lunch ride.  Me on my Nero Corsa, they on thier V7s.

I know distance may be an issue for you, being up in Vermont, but you should try some Guzzi events.  They don't ask for your membership card at the door.  All are welcome.

What you say makes sense.  I don't mind riding anywhere as long as I have the time and money.  It's just that I don't want to make plans, re-arrange my work schedule and ride a long way just to listen to bunch of guys sit around a fire talking about steel cut oats and how all Moto Guzzis since Piaggio took over suck.  

With my limited time off in the summer, I want to spend it doing positive things with positive people.  Maybe I'll try hitting some of the closer day events and keep an open mind.  Thanks.  

You gotta be kiddin'.    2062 posts on every subject on earth,  and you're afraid you'll be listening to steel-cut oats talk?

Man, COME to a rally.   130 people or so at the Virginia rally, and there will probably be 20 different groups of people standing around and sitting around.   Some not talking, just communing, some talking loudly, some talking quietly ... you can move from one to the other or find one you like, the time just flies and before you know it it's after midnight ...

To be honest, this thing we do on HERE is a f****** waste of time compared to actually MEETING Guzzisti at a rally ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »
Once this summer hits for me and I have lots of time off (I'm a teacher so the summer is my fun time) I will be paying for my lifetime membership.

I really want it for the network of "rescuers" as mentioned earlier. I would love to be able to travel hundreds of miles and know somebody out there with the Guzzi knowledge, and perhaps Guzzi trailer, will be there to assist me if I needed it.

Also, I'm 22 and I'll be there for at least one Guzzi rally this year. I will have to tag along with my Dad for a Sturgis trip on his Harley, but I hope to meet those of you who helped me on these forums... perhaps at the national meet! I've never been to Iowa.  ;D

JohninVT`

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
I've thought about joining a couple times but haven't.  I'm probably wrong...but my perception is that most of the members are 50+ and own Cali or pre-Cali bikes.  I like all bikes and love wandering around at open houses and multi-make meets looking at bikes and socializing but I'm not really interested in attending a single-make rally.  I'm not sitting here saying to myself, "They should do something for me."  I just don't see the benefit to joining at this time.  I have an open mind about it and could change my opinion if I learned there was something that made it worth my $.   

You're not wrong about the age range.  You're not wrong about the majority of bikes ridden to the events.

However, there are people riding newer bikes and spine frame bikes and small block bikes.

Think of it as a Guzzi-oriented destination, or half-way point, on a weekend ride.  That's what I decided to do.

Although I'm always one of the youngest in attendance, the campouts/rallies are always a great place to end up while out riding one of my Guzzis.

There are a few people who hang around the campground all day, but mostly people will head out on Saturday Mornings and be gone all day riding.  Guzzi gatherings are more about riding than about hanging out and staring at bikes.  I've been on some great lunch rides when attending Guzzi campout rallies.  Last weekend, Carl Allison, Turkey Creek Dave, Marcia and I had a great little twisty backroads lunch ride.  Me on my Nero Corsa, they on thier V7s.

I know distance may be an issue for you, being up in Vermont, but you should try some Guzzi events.  They don't ask for your membership card at the door.  All are welcome.

What you say makes sense.  I don't mind riding anywhere as long as I have the time and money.  It's just that I don't want to make plans, re-arrange my work schedule and ride a long way just to listen to bunch of guys sit around a fire talking about steel cut oats and how all Moto Guzzis since Piaggio took over suck.  

With my limited time off in the summer, I want to spend it doing positive things with positive people.  Maybe I'll try hitting some of the closer day events and keep an open mind.  Thanks.  

You gotta be kiddin'.    2062 posts on every subject on earth,  and you're afraid you'll be listening to steel-cut oats talk?

Man, COME to a rally.   130 people or so at the Virginia rally, and there will probably be 20 different groups of people standing around and sitting around.   Some not talking, just communing, some talking loudly, some talking quietly ... you can move from one to the other or find one you like, the time just flies and before you know it it's after midnight ...

To be honest, this thing we do on HERE is a f****** waste of time compared to actually MEETING Guzzisti at a rally ...

Lannis

LOL...I'm not afraid of a conversation about oats.  I just don't want to take time off from work(I work for myself so time off = 0$$$) to ride someplace to listen to people be grumpy or negative.  I love talking about bikes and meeting new people.  I'd love to chat with you about your BSA's or just about anyone but what I don't want to do is listen to a 4 hour conversation about blood pressure medication, steel cut oats and how Piaggio's corporate headquarters is secretly the 7th gate to hell.

Know what I mean?

You and Rocker have convinced me that I should at least make an effort though.  I'll have to pick one and see what the hubbub is about.  There are worse things than finding out my perceptions were completely wrong.  

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
LOL...I'm not afraid of a conversation about oats.  I just don't want to take time off from work(I work for myself so time off = 0$$$) to ride someplace to listen to people be grumpy or negative.  I love talking about bikes and meeting new people.  I'd love to chat with you about your BSA's or just about anyone but what I don't want to do is listen to a 4 hour conversation about blood pressure medication, steel cut oats and how Piaggio's corporate headquarters is secretly the 7th gate to hell.

Know what I mean?

You and Rocker have convinced me that I should at least make an effort though.  I'll have to pick one and see what the hubbub is about.  There are worse things than finding out my perceptions were completely wrong.  

John, here is the link to last year's Arkansas Campout that SWalker puts on.  Steve puts on a good one in a great part of the country.  Our Saturday Lunch Ride was great!

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=37370.0

You should think seriously about The National Rally when it comes to Buena Vista Virginia.  That'll be good one!

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »

Know what I mean?

Not to beat it to death, but I'm tellin' ya, even at a small rally people are spread out over 2 acres.    The first minute (not 4 hours, the first MINUTE) you hear some grumpy fart (and they ARE there) talking about Piaggio politics or slamming Harleys or talking their Atenolol dosage, you just drift backwards, they fade away, and you find another group to talk with, until you have either talked to everyone (which will take 3 days) or you are stuck into a little circle of kindred spirits and you don't WANT to leave .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
I've got to agree, go to a rally.  Rarely a negative vibe, just nice people riding bikes, talking about bikes, drinking beers, and having fun.  I'm 46, and have been going for over ten years (bald, but not much grey).  I look forward to the time spent with everyone.  Screw work. Pack up and try one out. Most of those in attendance have jobs too, but we enjoy it so much we make the time.  I've met life-long friends that will bend over backwards for you. It's not the BS that you encounter on a computer.  Those with keyboard muscles don't have the balls to say the same things to anyone's face.  Most of the true Guzzi people attend the rallies, and you'll be glad you did.

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
I've got friends that I have met attending a rally here or there and really look forward each year to see and camp with them. If you haven't been to a Moto Guzzi rally you are missing out on one life's pleasures. I have been a loner my whole life, and I have made more friends since I bought my first GUZZI than I could imagine.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
I've got friends that I have met attending a rally here or there and really look forward each year to see and camp with them. If you haven't been to a Moto Guzzi rally you are missing out on one life's pleasures. I have been a loner my whole life, and I have made more friends since I bought my first GUZZI than I could imagine.

Dean

Look at Dean's avatar (I think that's what they call it). If he can make friends, anyone can.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

moto zen

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
I've met life-long friends that will bend over backwards for you. It's not the BS that you encounter on a computer.  Those with keyboard muscles don't have the balls to say the same things to anyone's face.  Most of the true Guzzi people attend the rallies, and you'll be glad you did.

Cam, How come we always raise hell and liven up the grey hairs at Heath?  You and the Brothers are the true MGNOC spirit.  Be careful not to go in the Riva!!

Duffs ridin to work every day now, rain or shine.   Will be zooming out to New Cumberland then Western NY.  I hear yull be cooking the sausage for the grey hairs at Marks fishing camp.  Thanks for being NJ MGNOC rep.   We gotta get VT John up to Skowhegan this year.  He'd fit right in.

Thanks brother for bein.  Duff

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
I consider all Guzzi guys and gals part of my extended and extremely dysfunctional family.  ;D All you have to do is go to a rally, and you probably will, too.. I've met lifetime friends, and I'm a loner.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Wild Bill Guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 08:55:24 PM »
Brotherhood

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
Nothing against on-line newsletters, forums and such but I like that I can go to the garage and open a box of MGNOC printed newsletters from the mid '80s and sit and read for a couple of hours.  It's better when I come across them accidentally.  Same with the old MGNOC Tips manuals and period catalogs and cut sheets.

None of the computers I've had from that era survived and hundreds of the old 5.25" and 3.5" floppies with stories processed in WordPerfect have gone to the great toxic landfill. 

Print, for centuries, has been the archive format of choice and I've never had a book crash and need an upgrade or BIOS flash just to continue being a book.  I prefer it.  Just keep the silverfish and moisture away.

Bit pusher at work, Luddite at home.

Tobit,
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
... listen to bunch of guys sit around a fire talking about steel cut oats .  

Noooooooooooow, we are getting down to it !  It's all about the oats !   I've been trying to tell you guys !

By the way, we need to get back on that.  Any new recipes to share, anyone ?

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
A few comments and corrections.
Frank never lived in Manhatten. The first Guzzi rally was in Manhatten and Frank, MaryJo and Debbie along with all their gear was all on the Guzzi.
Frank has made all of the Nationals except for the high dollar event in Cal.
For those that complain about Frank, well, you should have been around when Wayne Halstead and the old MeatBall News was all we had. I still have one of the old MeatBall news.RacerGary might remember that.

I don't care for the online newsletter as I don't have a computer. Life goes on without looking at 3 pages of posts everyday.

I've belonged to the MGNOC and have never had a member rip me off. People that aren't motorcyclists can't believe that I ship parts with no money ahead of time. I had to go to California in 1974 to have a "little talk" with a cat that thought he might screw a dumb Texan out of some money.

And every year the same old smell of rotten fish comes up about wanting a financial report as Frank is making millions. Yet, these same goons are drinking foreign beer and smoking cigarettes without one worry about those companies. Racerary and I know where Frank lives and his lifestyle. Then you get some government worker that thinks he puts out a newsletter that costs $1.00 a year and the rest is clear profit. Oh, and he just waves the magic wand.

The hardworking MGNOC reps put on the rallies that are dirt cheap compared to the generic rallies. I held the free get-to-gather at Italy, Texas for 25 years in October (so I had enough money to go to the Bahamas all winter. ::)) Can you believe that some thought this was true?

Long live the MGNOC and all the members that are always welcome at the Oleo Ranch.

Tex

Moto_Chicago

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
Bought my EV-Touring in August.

Just joined MGNOC 24hours ago.  8)

Offline racergary

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 11:17:20 PM »
Yep........both Tex and I go way back,still have my copy of the first issue of MGNOC aka Moto Meatball.Have know Frank since 1971 and he really has given a lot to keeping Guzzi's alive and the riders connected.I remember the days when Frank,Mary Jo and little Debra assembled the NL by hand.

I remember being at a National or two when they were held at Sylan Grove and Frank would get a broke down call Sunday night and we'd head out to help.

As Tex says,you'll likely have very little trouble wheeling and dealing with a fellow MGNOC club member.I remember the day the Internet and WG when Guzzi information was harder to come by ol Frank would spend a lot of time answering people's questions.

Some of the most decent,honest and helpful people go to the Rallies.

Lets not forget those hard working State Reps who put the rally on.

MGNOC is like my grandparents,there was always one of them there to help if asked
MGNOC #4
lifetime #67

Offline Furbo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »
I joined fist time back in about 86...been a life member since.....oh, shortly afterward. The three tips books alone were worth the L membership fee which I long ago got back in postage alone.

I admit I miss the papercopy newsletter, but fully understand its demise. Am kinda relieved as I never throw them away and now dont have to liten to the wife a bout what to do with them.

The club & letter obviously dont fill some of the key nitches they used to as an advertising outlet for the long suffering parts suppliers, bike sellers, and rally goers. But, be that as it may, if Frank throws in the towel, something LIKE the MGNOC will come up to fill the void I'm sure.

Personally, wether your a member or not, be grateful for hte work of the MGNOC volunteers as I'm confident that without their enthusiasm, there's be no Guzzi in the US today.

Todd  L292
Killeen, TX
'96 Sport 1100
'72 N. Falcone
'72 Eldo

Eccl 9:9,10

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »

Dean

Dean, you old goat,  ;D those are my exact sentiments, word for word.

I just rode on my own, 'till I purchased my Guzzi, was introduced to the MGNOC and attended the '06 PA Rally. I now ride just about every Sunday with 2 of the people I met at that rally.

I also met Harry C. (mogu83) at that rally and joined him for a few more rides/rallies after that. You'll be hard pressed to find a better rider/instructor/storyteller than Harry.

I have met some quality people (and great riders) at MG rallies and will continue to attend as many rallies as possible, while I can. The regional reps that I've met are outstanding individuals that invest much of their time and other resources to organize their respective rallies, and I'm happy that I can attend.

BTW, I do prefer the online newsletter way more than the hardcopy version.

Nick

ps.: Don't let the hair color fool you. These guys CAN ride.  ;-T

Offline i HONK

• Gosling
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
I've been on and off Guzzies since 1975, time out for kids, sailboating building my home etc...but I never lost touch with the Guzzi family.  I'm a life member, have the 100K pin and wear both with pride on my jacket.  I also worked with DanR in Florida to get the Central Florida Chapter where it is today.  This group under Dan's direction has really raised the bar on getting an active and vibrant organization in that region. I'm now located in Northern Michigan and as I get settled in to this area, will try and repeat the process, which will be much more difficult as there are very few Guzzi folks up here.
I strongly support Frank Wedge for the organization, and also stay active on both Wildguzzi & GuzziTech sites.  They are all worth any effort and $$ I can supply.

Randy
Randy Peterson MGNOC L-782  100k mile award
N. Mi. MGNOC Rep
2007 Red Norge (100,000+ miles)
2000 Champagne/Blue Quota (2008 St. Augustine Concurs de Elegance award of merit)
2014 V7 Racer
1965 Zigolo Restoration Project

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
Come to the free TX Rally in Lindale Sun Oct 2.  Camp Friday or Saturday if you want.  I think I'll change the lunch menu from Spaghetti to steel-cut oats since no one really seems to like the spaghetti!

I've been to lots of rallies & I've never had to get up & walk away from the campfire because people are being negative & complaining.  I've never gotten depressed from listening to campfire conversations.  I have had my bike worked on & received lots of good tips at rallies!

I'm a proud MGNOC member & TX Rep.

Georganne
Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »
Swalker said to me,

"Chad, I been putting on a campout/rally for 22 years...Like I have always said, ya can't please everyone. Your comments make me wonder what you have done to make things more suitable to you. Why do you come to a Guzzi rally and spend a weekend with a bunch of grey hairs anyway? Just wondering....Have you thought about getting a different brand and attending one of their rallies? You know, something with a younger crowd....I don't know. If I think like you, I am sure I wouldn't spend time worrying about why older people ride this brand....I would get me something else. Who Knows?"

I'm not really sure why you are slapping me around the head and shoulders?    My comment was that the rallies are attended by enlarge by older folks.   I didn't say or even imply that was a negative, except for my concern that without younger folks coming in and taking up the torch the rallies and club may fade away.  As I said I love Guzzi rallies, they are the only rallies I have ever been to!  I'm 44, and my hair, what's left of it, is at least 50% gray!!
      But, Mark West brought up a point I had not considered before, perhaps people come to Moto Guzzi and the rallies later in life, after they have had a chance to sow some oats?   Mark might very well be right!   I'm not certain he is, but he does make a compelling argument.

Anyway, what I have said in this thread, and most others are just my opinion.   Much of it for me is just thinking out loud.   I could be right, I may be wrong, like anyone else.   As I said, I want Moto Guzzi and the club to keep on bringing the good life to as many as possible for as long as possible, I don't in that regard you and I would differ much, do you?

2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

swalker

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2011, 04:43:54 PM »
was a member for a few years let it drop got busy and never renewed after reading this topic  iwill renew tomorrow

Thank you very much....

Steve

swalker

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »
Swalker said to me,

"Chad, I been putting on a campout/rally for 22 years...Like I have always said, ya can't please everyone. Your comments make me wonder what you have done to make things more suitable to you. Why do you come to a Guzzi rally and spend a weekend with a bunch of grey hairs anyway? Just wondering....Have you thought about getting a different brand and attending one of their rallies? You know, something with a younger crowd....I don't know. If I think like you, I am sure I wouldn't spend time worrying about why older people ride this brand....I would get me something else. Who Knows?"

I'm not really sure why you are slapping me around the head and shoulders?    My comment was that the rallies are attended by enlarge by older folks.   I didn't say or even imply that was a negative, except for my concern that without younger folks coming in and taking up the torch the rallies and club may fade away.  As I said I love Guzzi rallies, they are the only rallies I have ever been to!  I'm 44, and my hair, what's left of it, is at least 50% gray!!
      But, Mark West brought up a point I had not considered before, perhaps people come to Moto Guzzi and the rallies later in life, after they have had a chance to sow some oats?   Mark might very well be right!   I'm not certain he is, but he does make a compelling argument.

Anyway, what I have said in this thread, and most others are just my opinion.   Much of it for me is just thinking out loud.   I could be right, I may be wrong, like anyone else.   As I said, I want Moto Guzzi and the club to keep on bringing the good life to as many as possible for as long as possible, I don't in that regard you and I would differ much, do you?

Chad I hope you don't feel like I am slapping you around...Cause I am not. Anyone that knows me knows I will defend the guzzi club. And older person in this country doesn't get much respect anymore from younger generations. You refer to older people as grey hairs. That is about the kind of respect I am used too, except my hair isn't grey. Myself, I have learned many things from older people....Have ya ever had a young guzzi rider ask ya to come over and teach him how to set his valves, install points, sync his carbs, or just help him get his bike running right?  I just did that the other day and have done so many times over the years....Dean Yotter taught me these things with no charge.
   I don't think this young guzzi rider thought of me as an old man. I never met this young lad before, but he seemed very happy with the way his bike ran when I left his house...He wanted to pay me something. I told him ya don't owe me nothing....Just glad I was able to help.
   I received lots of comments that I am very pleased from posting this thread. I was certainly hoping I didn't start some kind of civil war with it. And I didn't...Maybe one day there will be no more MGNOC...But I think it will be after I am gone...Until then I'll see ya on the highway or at one of the rallies!!!!!!!!!!    LONG LIVE THE MGNOC!!!!!!!!
Steve

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
Agreed.  Long live the MGNOC! 8)
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline steveford

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2014 California Touring!!! I love this BIKE!!!
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »

;-T ;-T ;-T ;D ;D ;D ;-T ;-T ;-T

Keeping the Guzzi Passion Alive
Steve Ford
Vancouver Wa.

100,000+ mile 2001 EV http://wildguzzi.com/Rallies/Photos/AZ/1.jpg
77,000+mile 2014 1400 Touring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ClnTFjmDyPMS2RBB3

alpine

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
I have been reading this thread ..well..you know .we do not want to be a club like the BMWO or the HOG chapters ....etc . We are very, very UNIQUE . why would we want to even imitate the way some of those clubs are and loose the essence of who we are ???? What is in for me ???  I am so tired of reading the same remarks in clubs of different interests I have belong to for years , I guess if you have to explain it they would not understand !
Just my two cents,

Roberto Munoz

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »

why would we want to even imitate the way some of those clubs are and loose the essence of who we are

If we were like the "HOG Club" only MGNOC members would get to sit around the fire.
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

BravoBravo

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »

Hear, hear!  ;-T ;-T ;-T

Bruce

Noki

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »
[If we were like the "HOG Club" only MGNOC members would get to sit around the fire.

And John, I want to thank you for all you do to keep the Minnesota MGNOC branch active and grooving along.  It's a great group.  I've never seen you turn anyone away for riding a different brand, either!

For the rest of you, not all of us are greyhaired cheapskates!  OK, mebbee I'm getting old...

Doug

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here