Author Topic: The giant WG National threadfest  (Read 572125 times)

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
Re: The giant WG National threadfest
« Reply #3660 on: July 09, 2021, 01:17:30 PM »
Thanks for keeping us informed. A speedy recovery to your pop.

Tex

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3661 on: July 09, 2021, 04:18:56 PM »
Good news. I may gripe about the medical profession, but they can do some wonderful things. Hang in there, JC..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3662 on: July 09, 2021, 04:27:00 PM »
I'm glad it went well.  Two years ago about this time of year, I was in the hospital waiting room for one of my best friends.  He'd had a quadruple bypass.  After the surgery, he wasn't in the hospital very long.  His wife did the driving since they had to travel from Okla City to their home SW of Denver. 

It's been successful for him.  All the best here.  I hope for the same outcome. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3663 on: July 09, 2021, 04:41:54 PM »
It's amazing the things the medical profession can do now days. I delivered a tens unit to cardiac surgeon in the cath lab one time, he was reviewing a procedure he'd just finished on the computer. The detail of the heart was incredible! Then they rolled the patient right by us on a gurney. Kinda gave me the heebie jeebies  :shocked:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3663 on: July 09, 2021, 04:41:54 PM »

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3664 on: July 09, 2021, 07:50:29 PM »
Again, thanks for all of the support, guys. The surgery went off without a hitch. It actually went so smoothly that the surgeon decided to go ahead and make it a quadruple, also bypassing an artery that was only 40%-50% clogged, which they normally don't worry about in a situation when there are much worse ones to do, and they're trying to get it done quickly. So dad got a 4 for 3 deal, haha. We were able to see him, before visiting hours. He was awake but miserable, as he was still intubated, but they should be able to take the tube out within the next few hours ended. They did have to strap him down, as he's one of those people who immediately, instinctively went for the tube, when he started to regain consciousness. Hard to see the tough old man in that condition, but we're through the worst of the danger, at least. Looking forward to talking to him as soon as visiting hours start in the morning.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:46:32 PM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3665 on: July 09, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
Again, thanks for all of the support, guys. The surgery went off without a hitch. It actually went so smoothly that the surgeon decided to go ahead and make it a quadruple, also bypassing an artery that was only 40%-50% clogged, which they normally don't worry about in a situation when there are much worse ones to do, and they're trying to get it done quickly. So dad got a 4 for 3 deal, haha. We were able to see him, before visiting hours. He was awake but miserable, as he was still intubated, but they should be able to take the tube out within the next few hours. They did have to strap him down, as he's one of those people who immediately, instinctively went for the tube, when he started to regain consciousness. Hard to see the tough old man in that condition, but we're through the worst of the danger, at least. Looking forward to talking to him as soon as visiting hours start in the morning.

That's good news buddy :thumb: he's liable to feel so good you'll have to loan him a bike  :laugh:

Online RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #3666 on: July 09, 2021, 08:51:36 PM »
       Glad to hear all went as well as it did. As you say, if he's that tough , he'll be onery as as always. 90% mental 10% physical. Blessings to Him and your family!!!

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #3667 on: August 29, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
We all enjoy CV East....but, with respect to CV West.....
Head north on NM42 at Corona on US 54..and...voila

Formalities still exist....

...but don't blink your eyes or you'll miss it....

image hosting

More detail, the back story, and pics by a real photographer here....
https://www.dryheatphotography.com/dry-heat-blog/exploring-the-ghost-town-of-cedarvale-new-mexico
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
« Reply #3668 on: September 08, 2021, 04:12:00 AM »
albeit this is an old thread, movement is so slow in my world that I finally developed the roll of film from Cedarvale.
free hosting logo
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3669 on: September 08, 2021, 05:59:16 AM »
Nice bikes! :grin: Thanks, John!

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3670 on: November 03, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »
Wanted to let those that bought Marley Memorial T-Shirts know that the Caring Hands shelter in Newton, KS received a $300 check from us today. Should be more in the future.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3671 on: November 03, 2021, 12:06:40 PM »
Wanted to let those that bought Marley Memorial T-Shirts know that the Caring Hands shelter in Newton, KS received a $300 check from us today. Should be more in the future.
GliderJohn

That's nice John. Power to the puppies!  :thumb:

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3672 on: November 03, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »
I haven't seen Dusty here in a while.   :sad:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here