Author Topic: Wish me luck, I'm going in...  (Read 15158 times)

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Wish me luck, I'm going in...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
That one to me looks fine, its like the "latest" one I got when doing the 1000 box and it made bugger all difference to the quality of the change as far as I could feel.

I think very early ones were profiled different. Be interesting if anybody else chips in with other opinions, coz I no expert, I just wrote an idiots guide.

I'm always looking for different opinions as I'll (eventually) incorporate them into that idiot's guide. I wonder sometimes if the expression idiot's guide refers to those using or who authored the dammed thing in the first place

John

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
I've just replaced the output shaft seal with a double lipped Viton seal.
The seal is fully home but when I refitted the speedo worm drive it sits just below the seal's outer lip.

The outer lip of the Viton seal is a dust seal but is this fit normal, for those who've fitted this seal to their gearbox?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:02:53 PM by Stevex »

Vasco DG

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »
Yes, it's fine. As you say that lip is merely a 'grot discourager' to help protect the main lip that does the work. Carry on.

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here