Author Topic: Motorcycle Classics Magazine-What say you about it??  (Read 12425 times)

Offline mjptexas

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Motorcycle Classics Magazine-What say you about it??
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 06:05:58 AM »
Long time subscriber, I like it.

:+1
Mike

'18 R Nine T Urban GS
'17 Griso
'16 XL1200 Roadster
'15 Monster 821
'14 Cali Custom
'14 Vespa GTS300 Super
'15 Vespa Primavera
'75 CB400F
'76 CB550F

Bill Hagan

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »
I enjoy it, although they need to learn that it's: Ride 'em Them, Don't Hide 'em Them!   ~;

Like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiDfJoyNacA&list=UU9IG3OtXFBEcHW8amvJADSA

Nick

Lordy, and I thought I could be a Miss Thistlebottom.   ;D

I am in a portion of Fowler's "third group" WRT to the split infinitive, i.e., I only care when wishing to clearly signal I know the rule!   :D

Thus, while I eschew  ;) contractions in formal writing, a masthead or tee motto seems a not inappropriate place for shortening words, especially if that serves some purpose, which I think this does. 

Moreover, while I do not think it the catchiest slogan in motoland, I have assumed that it was meant to be be a bit like that old Army saying: "Smoke 'em if you got 'em."  "Em" just works; "them" doesn't.  Ah, those days of yore before PC.   :BEER:

Back now to that oil filter in the Moto Grappa.   :D

Best,

Bill

Offline bradjarv

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:58 PM »
Great magazine. Subscriber for 2 yrs.

Offline QCGoose

• Gaggle Hero
  • Chris McFate
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 07:14:22 PM »
Cool!  I didn't realize that you had won that trailer.

I was on their website sometime in the beginning of 2012 and saw the sweepstakes info about the trailer on their front page and decided that it couldn't hurt to spend 30 seconds of my time to enter for the drawing. I didn't even think for a millisecond that I'd come even remotely close to winning, and the whole thing was forgotten about basically as soon as I finished entering.

Well fast forward to that June and I was home one afternoon browsing through my email, going through old stuff, deleting spam, etc and I was about to delete the email from Motorcycle Classics when I paused for a few seconds and thought "Hmm, well they never send me any junk/spam mail so I might as well open it and see what it's about."

Sure enough, it was congratulating me on winning the grand prize in that sweepstakes which was Droptail's top-model "Two-Up" trailer (http://www.droptailtrailers.com/shop-all-products/cruiser-sport-bike-trailers/two-up-cruiser-sport-bike-trailer.html) and about another $700-worth of additional equipment/accessories to go along with it.

It didn't even register in my brain at first because it had been so long since I entered that drawing, and I pretty much forgot about it 5 seconds after exiting the page back then, that I couldn't remember it for the life of me. Plus, the fact that I've never even won anything more than about $5 on a scratch-off lottery ticket before, I was really skeptical about the whole thing. I literally wasn't even remotely excited yet; just too skeptical.

So I contacted Motorcycle Classics / Ogden Publications over the phone and explained to them the email I received and she asks "Well you did enter the drawing right?" And after a few-second pause of really trying to dig deep in my memory bank and remember doing so (I still drew a blank) I replied "...Yeah?" She then congratulates me and basically explains the winnings again and requests some additional info before sending me some forms to fill out and mail back.

About a week after sending my forms back in to Ogden Publications, the massive crate arrived at the shipping location of my choosing (needed a warehouse-like location with loading docks, and my buddies work at the blood center in Bettendorf so had it shipped there). Very painless procedure.

I may not have won the Powerball, but man I sure felt like I did. 8) Even now, I still can't believe I won that drawing.
1998 Guzzi V11 EV
1997 Guzzi 1100 Sport
2004 Ducati Monster 1000Sie
1970 Honda CB175
 --------------------
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 07:14:22 PM »

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 07:28:23 AM »
I used to get it at the news stand then found it to be rehashing articles I had already read in "Classic Bike" and others. Still like it but it had become redundant with regards to other prescriptions which I had.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 07:40:15 AM »
I used to get it at the news stand then found it to be rehashing articles I had already read in "Classic Bike" and others. Still like it but it had become redundant with regards to other prescriptions which I had.

Todd.

Same here. Every once in a while I will pick up one and flip through the pages.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

koukis14

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 04:23:42 PM »
Been getting the magazine long before I purchased my guzzi but just a good feeling riding the guzzi everyday that there's no snow or salt this year and looking forward to MCM every month.

Life's short, enjoy what time we have and get on your guzzi and go for a ride!

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015, 10:31:39 PM »
MC Classics is great.  I've met one of their writers and he is a true motorcyclist, showing up to take photos with all his camera equipment in the saddlebags.  This was at the end of a 2 day weekend MC show ride across the border.  The articles I know the most about have been surprisingly accurate too.

And I called Ogden publishing because I had moved and didn't receive the last issue so they sent me a new one and a back issue for free!  I told the young lady I was really impressed and she said it's all about customer service.  ;-T 
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here