Author Topic: Magni Guzzi -- anyone ever hear if it? Beautiful bike!  (Read 21327 times)

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Magni Guzzi -- anyone ever hear if it? Beautiful bike!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »
Dan yeah all my own work, not that good, with Action cams its point and pray regarding the image.

2 Go Pros, one on a chest cam but angled too far down unfortunately, its really hard to tell what the correct angle is. One GoPro on the bar end pointing at me, the other barend had the Contour facing backward. Once they are mounted and you've ridden about a mile you forget all about them.

Since then I got proper mics and a recording device so I'll throw them into the rucksack and hopefully do better.

I knew I'd get criticism for the music (I'm not taking it the wrong way and its justified). The problem is the Contour mic is useless only wind roar, the chest cam was a similar story and the remaining Go Pro on the bar was busy recoding a squeak from the mount, so I had to do a lot post editing with Lo pass filters just to get any motor sound at all................ ................... .....I promise I'll improve

Thanks for the kind words I never intended to show that video (I have another I did the same day). I record video for me to recall the moment during the long dreary days of a Scottish winter but I thought what the hell maybe one or 2 might like to see it

John

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
Sorta like my old '52 plunger frame BSA B33 500cc single.  Yeah, that bike could sure handle!

Yep. lol. My old plunger frame A10 was fitted with those old Avon block pattern tires too. The treads would add to the fun by sort of 'walking'. Combined with low hanging mufflers this all made cornering an entertaining adventure.  

There is at least one Magni Australia in Invercargill.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:59:16 PM by johnr »
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline dan_s

• Gosling
    • http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=128
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »
John n, i woldn't make a big deal from production. If you use a wide angle lens, which most action cams use, and point straight you'll get a good view of the road. Wind noise is near impossible to eliminate but can be reduced if you place the cam/mic behind a windscreen. I place my cam inside the helmet. A piece of foam or cotton can also buffer wind noise.
see here examples of great low fi videos.
http://youtu.be/l9giKQBuSEU
http://youtu.be/Qw9dpqdYdc4
Anyway , thanks for sharing

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:38 AM »
Dan thanks, constructive advice is always welcome.

I've had good results by placing a mic in my rucksack before although it can be bit hit and miss. The new mics are pretty big and not really intended for use with an action cam but all the kit would comfortably go inside that Kreiga sack that I'm wearing in the video. I'll see when next summer comes around.

That first video you posted is pretty dammed good, I think his tacho cable needs rerouting or the tacho needs new magnets  :) and what was with that mobile road block near the end? I got a bit of a fright the way guys negotiated it

If you can stand the music or want to see more here is the first video, its really just more of the same and I don't want to bore, but just in case

http://youtu.be/kNOwFF8SmRM

John

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:38 AM »

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
   MAGNI NEWSLETTER 

season_greetings_20 14

Season's greetings from Magni staff

I got an
e-mail card from Magni today.  I must be special.

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 06:16:42 AM »
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 06:10:30 AM »
Just a point that may interest some on Magni and MV helicopters

I read an older article that was reprinted and stated that Carlo, Arturo's other son (Giovanni is the mainstay on the M/C side) is now participating in the business, after a career with MV helicopters and still did/does consulting work for them.

So there was a connection after all, whether accidental or not it had some basis in truth

I'll get ma anorak

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
Dan yeah all my own work, not that good, with Action cams its point and pray regarding the image.
there is an app for your iphone so you can see what angle the camera is pointing while shooting..

I don't mind the music ! I've had the same problem with wind noise and use music to mask it too..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 11:47:02 AM »
Thanks Fotoguzzi

Me and cells just don't get on, but it's tempting when you can now do so much with them.

I eventually got an LCD back, the later type that has a touch screen so setting up the GoPro is easier. I use that to frame the shot on the cameras I'm using then just turn them on or off now.

Haven't had the opportunity to use them for a while but certainly plan to on a few runs if the ffff'n winter ever goes away

John

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here