Author Topic: 50 + and riding... a little aussie vid (yes ,theres language ;)) sadly NGC  (Read 5047 times)

JohnG.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:02:33 AM by JohnG. »

Offline Mark111

• New Egg
Re: 50 + and riding... a little aussie vid (yes ,theres language ;))
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:18:18 AM »
John,
Don't disagree with the basic sentiment expressed but gee I'm getting tired of people telling me what I should be doing with my life, it is nearly as boring as listening to people who tell me I'm to old to do the crap that I still do on a weekly basis.
Let's get over the Harley, Goldwing, BMW GS weekend warriors, without them the industry would be struggling and those of us who are more committed would have to deal with the situation where we would have even smaller numbers pissing in the wind trying to counter the anti motorcycle forces.
Who gives a toss what, where or how people ride as long as they are enjoying themselves and not screwing things up for others.
 :bike

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 50 + and riding... a little aussie vid (yes ,theres language ;)) sadly NGC
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
I'll take it in the spirit of "don't let the bastards wear you down". Take life by the horns and ride it.

Or not. Your choice. But it's short, go for the gusto.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Online RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
 ;-T Thanks for the vid John, the trials part really hits home for me. Where I live is ideal for plonking about and a trials bike would be a hoot  to keep my skillset sharp for my other biking interests.

Paul B  :BEER:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 50 + and riding... a little aussie vid (yes ,theres language ;))
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »
John,
Don't disagree with the basic sentiment expressed but gee I'm getting tired of people telling me what I should be doing with my life, it is nearly as boring as listening to people who tell me I'm to old to do the crap that I still do on a weekly basis.

I didn't get the impression that he was "telling you what you should be doing with your life" .... I thought he was telling us what HE was doing with HIS life!   Nothing wrong with that, especially when you have to connect to the video and spend time watching it to see his message.

I'm glad he's having fun, but broken bones, high ankle sprains, and internal injuries HURT and take a LOT longer to heal than they do when you're young.   I know quite a few people my age who "got back into" dirt riding, forgot that their 650 Husky has a little more horsepower and is a little heavier than their old CT-3 Yamaha was, and ended up spending 4 months in a body cast and a year in therapy just so they could ride again.

If that price doesn't bother you, by all means try some 50 MPH stump-jumping on a 350-pound 60-hp dirt bike, and make videos telling about it while you can!!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »

Shit........... thx for that Lannis   ;D, I'm trying to get all fired up here for a couple day " Rawhide" adventure bike ride in the next week or so.......

Ciao.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
  Shit........... thx for that Lannis   ;D, I'm trying to get all fired up here for a couple day " Rawhide" adventure bike ride in the next week or so.......

Ciao.

Go for it!  Don't let me and my pansy attitude toward rehab centers, stainless pins and screws, and chronic, permanent pain and disability keep you from doing some gnarly, manly roostin', hootin' and hollerin' on a tight, rocky trail in the woods as hard as you can stave!   It's really fun, or so I hear!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »
  It is another of those hateful vids that if you bail out partway through, the sound track stays with you until you leave the net.
 If I knew who invented that feature he wouldn't live long.
 I leave the net to get rid of the sound track then can't get back on this site.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline weevee

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »
A better role-model, I suspect; he is for me, at least.  75yrs young:   http://vimeo.com/119259448
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:14:49 AM by weevee »

JohnG.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:49 AM »
I'll take it in the spirit of "don't let the bastards wear you down". Take life by the horns and ride it.

Or not. Your choice. But it's short, go for the gusto.

About sums it up...  8)

dilligaf

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »
Haven been their and done that, I enjoyed the video. I don't think riding a KTM in the next life would be all that bad. Something to look forward to.  As for the age thing:
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=66602.0
 http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=62032.0
Just go. :BEER:
Matt

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 07:37:34 AM »
 Thanks that was fun to watch,thanks. I like riding off road but even 30 years ago I wasn't any good I just bounced better.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 03:36:12 PM »
Go for it!  Don't let me and my pansy attitude toward rehab centers, stainless pins and screws, and chronic, permanent pain and disability keep you from doing some gnarly, manly roostin', hootin' and hollerin' on a tight, rocky trail in the woods as hard as you can stave!   It's really fun, or so I hear!

Lannis

Gigglesnort - spilled my scotch all over the keyboard. 

As we age, we the wiser be.  Or so they tell us.  Hold my beer, watch this..........

I dont bounce near as well as I used to!

G
Midnight bugs taste best

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here