Author Topic: A question for the smart guys MC  (Read 17281 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline 1stgarry

• New Egg
Re: A question for the smart guys MC
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »
In the future I reckon it'll be commonplace to order a new motorbike and have it spec'd to personal choice at the production line.  Just like cars. 
Electric bikes will happen, and once they are affordable to the masses, it might be just what we need to get a new generation onto PTW.  Especially if manufacturers grasp that fact and see electric bikes as a blank sheet for exciting designs.
Us old fogies and the traditional i/c engined motorcycle are old news.  If I was 20 and went to a bike meeting, I'd see bellies, baldies and wrinklies.  I'd turn straight round and look elsewhere for my kicks.
 :grin:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:52:56 AM by 1stgarry »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »
Welp, I'm late to this topic but here's my 2 cents. In 10 years it will not be possible to buy a gasoline powered motorcycle.

You REALLY think this?

Not without a full on devastating WWIII.

I just cannot see the tech and infrastructure changing THAT fast.

Hell, we've been hearing the air-cooled motor was dead for longer than that.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »
10 years is a remarkably short time for new technology development.  :smiley: Just a model change will be on the boards (monitors, now) for 4 years.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
Hard to X out combustion engines when gas is getting cheaper.  Seems OPEC is trying to bust the other producers out of competition.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
Hard to X out combustion engines when gas is getting cheaper.  Seems OPEC is trying to bust the other producers out of competition.

Isn't it amazing?  Taking inflation into account, we have gasoline at about 1970s prices now.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here